More EPG Rows in Windows Media Center 8 Guide Data - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The guys down under have found a way to modify the Microsoft Media Center.dll in Windows 8 to increase the guide data rows in Windows 8 Media Center.
On an upgrade or new install the W8 Media Center program guide is reset back to the original 5 lines and there is no way to modify it like before since it is now controlled by a DLL. Previously in Windows 7 I had it set it up to display 10 lines.
See what they have done here: http://www.pcmediacenter.com.au/forum/topic/46828-more-epg-rows-in-windows-media-center-8/

So far they have modified the guide for 8, 10 & 13 row guides for the x86 DLL, and made a 13 row guide for x64 DLL….
I am needing someone to modify the x64 Microsoft Media Center.DLL to make a 10 row guide since the 13 row guide is too small for my setup.
Is there anyone here who knows how to edit and modify x64bit DLLs?

Here is some of my Stuff: Media Center Pc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyrall View Post

Is there anyone here who knows how to edit and modify x64bit DLLs?
The more important question is, should you be modifying the DLLs for a program in the first place? Any change/update to the program will potentially overwrite that DLL, and it introduces another ambiguity in the system.

And then we complain that Windows is not stable....
post #3 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Doesn't My Channel Logos do this?

Guess not in Win8. Although this mod could cause stability issues it is good to see people still hacking away at WMC8 to bring back functionality that MS took away.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No MyChannelLogos will still provide the channel logos in w8 but it has lost the capability (for now at least) to change the number of rows (because that feature is now in the "Microsoft.MediaCenter.Shell.DLL").
That is why people are modifying the DLL to change the number of rows that are displlayed. I dont know how to decompile the DLL or I would have already modified it.... the 13 row dll referenced above is just too small for my display and the 5 rows that come in w8 are not enough. Microsoft should have made this an option!!!
I have been asking around for a 10 row guide dll (x64bit) but so far nobody has one.... Hopfully somebody can help me out.

Here is some of my Stuff: Media Center Pc
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page