Hail, Ye Home Theatre Gads!
I (really, truly) need an external (preferably "portable" but this isn't absolutely critical like most of the other criteria to come) Blu-ray writer for the PC that can pull duty as a traditional standalone player.
Working with a PC, it should:
1) Read/playback all CD-rewritable formats -- this is a must
2) Preferably write/burn, too, though this actually isn't critical
3) Use USB 3.0, though not absolutely necessary (USB 2.0 is fine)
4) Offer 3-D capabilities, though again not absolutely necessary
Working as a standalone, it should:
1) Plug into an electrical outlet (and not simply run another USB cable like external PC drives)
2) Up-convert standard-definition DVDs (1080p best but will settle for 720p)
3) Output video in HDMI (a must, given my Eppie projector)
Any such beast in 2013??THANKS!!