Windows Media Center (Music player laggy) - AVS Forum
Home Theater Computers > Windows Media Center (Music player laggy)
victor M's Avatar victor M 08:25 PM 02-10-2013
!Fixed error on titie!
Hey Guys and Gals.

I've tried searching the forum and I can't seem to find anything with my issue.

so here it is....

I just finished building my HTPC (she's a beauty..specs below)...I also copied about 50 gigs worth of MP3's over to the machine. I started playing an album and all of a sudden Windows Media Center became very Laggy. It takes about 10-15 seconds to accepts a remote key input. Has anyone experienced the same issue? If so, any suggestions to make Music part of Windows Media Center become from responsive. Currently the WAF is down to a 3 out of 10?

• Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
  • Intel Core i3-3225 3.3GHz Dual-Core
  • ASRock Z77 Pro4-M Micro ATX LGA1155
  • G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866
  • Western Digital Red 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM
  • Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD
  • Silverstone ML03B HTPC
  • Antec 380W ATX12V / EPS12V

victor M's Avatar victor M 10:19 AM 02-11-2013
I believe I may have found a way around my issue. I will be installing the Zune player and using Media Center Master to integrate it to my WMC start menu. I will report back tonight if all went well.
Joe Hendrix's Avatar Joe Hendrix 11:45 AM 02-11-2013
Not sure how Media Center Master would solve your music collection problem. Appears to focus on video, but good luck. I use to have delays whenever I played music (and still do on very rare occasions). I found that if I kept my music collection on a local drive, rather than a network drive, and by cleaning up the pointers in the media library to just the locations where I stored my music that solved most of my problems.
victor M's Avatar victor M 01:54 PM 02-11-2013
Thanks for the Info Joe,

I have my music locally. (D drive). but you might be on to something. I will try to clear the pointers and give that a shot!

Sorry I think I named the wrong program. I meant to say Media Center Studio....
Up
Mobile  Desktop