Blu Ray 3D and Windows 8 Pro + MCE - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-11-2013, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm still using 1156 intel i5 and P55 chipset. Testing W8 Pro 3D playback with PDVD 11, 6850 card ATi beta 3.2 using .iso images is working pretty good, 1719 is what works the update will break my 3D and throw out a nag box stating it can't enable playback. I installed classic shell and couldn't be more happier. It all started with trying to get a stupid icon of MCE in the taskbar/desktop.

Anyway classic shell sure makes it a lot easier to get under the hood and navigate, and to be able to switch off metro is a big plus. I installed it on my second drive I use as a backup clone OS for 7 and I think I'm done configuring the OS for now. I got MPC-HC with Lav, TMT 5, and PDVD 11 working good except for TMT in MCE. A couple of days back I installed sharks decoders for MCE and ran into problems with .mkv files playing natively in MCE.

After I reset it back to defaults and uninstalled it I couldn't get lossless audio to playback in all three players, and also breaking 3D when I let it update on Sat. So far it's not been bad at all a little tweaking here and there but all in all not to painful. I'll admit 8 is growing on me but when it comes to serious home theater playback with guests I still need 7 for this because for some reason I'm still getting away with 3D playback with lossless using one card and a non 3D receiver. I still can't figure out why it does this but I'm not complaining.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page