Best PCIe card for IDE Blu-ray and hd-dvd? - AVS Forum
Home Theater Computers > Best PCIe card for IDE Blu-ray and hd-dvd?
AnthonyB's Avatar AnthonyB 06:04 PM 02-11-2013
I'll upgrade the player at a later date, I know IDE is old.

Will get a combo drive when I get rid of my tower and get an HTPC case.

blueiedgod's Avatar blueiedgod 10:31 AM 02-12-2013
Do they even make IDE controllers with PCIe interfance? I thought they were only PCI.

I actually didn't know they made BluRay drives with IDE, either.

I know that some add-on IDE controllers don't support ODD, and only support HDD, so watch out for those.
AnthonyB's Avatar AnthonyB 05:49 PM 02-12-2013
I am done with the headache. Going to get a couple ide to sata bridges and make sure they have atapi support
blueiedgod's Avatar blueiedgod 11:29 AM 02-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post

I am done with the headache. Going to get a couple ide to sata bridges and make sure they have atapi support

They never worked for me.
AnthonyB's Avatar AnthonyB 04:54 PM 02-13-2013
Wonderful.... frown.gif

The Rosewill one says it is specifically for CD/DVD so, I'll hope that it is OK.
AnthonyB's Avatar AnthonyB 02:06 PM 03-02-2013
OK. Got the Rosewill IDE to SATA Bridge and they don't play well with AHCI. So, I am dumping the entire idea and just bought a SATA combo drive for HD-DVD and Blu-ray. I tried both of the options (pci card and adapter) and the decision to replace my $600 burner did not come lightly.
jyzz's Avatar jyzz 10:08 AM 03-05-2013
curious which model of IDE drive did you have? I was only aware of the LG BD/HDDVD combo and writer back in 2006/2007
AnthonyB's Avatar AnthonyB 04:38 PM 03-05-2013
I made the Xbox HD-DVD drive into an IDE with some grinding and soldering. Fun project. Fried a motherboard and a drive in the process. At one point, I was totally committed to making it work.. Buying the Blu-ray burner for about $600 made the budget tight so I got it done.

I'll be selling it on eBay soon.
Up
Mobile  Desktop