Shark007 codecs playing 2 audio tracks. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, totally new to shark codecs and this forum. Forgive me if im in the wrong place. Just downloaded shark007 pack for win7 untimate 64bit. I wanted to play mkv files on wmc7, which i now can do (with browsing HD with media browser). However, when i play an mkv it play two audio tracks at same time. Ive looked around setting and cant find an option to select english only. Can someone help please.

Also I use a soundblaster xfi titinium professional fatality soundcard from creative with its own software, capable of dolbly live and dts, will shark007 codecs override creatives sound capabilities (run through logitech 5.1 speakers via 3 jacks)?

Im also noticing in live tv in wmc7, some stuttering lasting about 1 min since installing shark codecs, is there a box i need to tick or untick for this to stop?

Many thanks, and again im a complete newbie to codecs!

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Can you list all the components of the PC you are using?

Also, what is your PC connected to for playback?

You may not need the sound card but we need to know what you have first.

post #3 of 6 Old 02-12-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I've never seen a MKV file play 2 audio tracks. This can occur with AVI files though. To correct the issue, go to the AVI TAB and set Haali as the AVI splitter. After doing so, when the file is playing, there will be a whitish icon in the system tray that can be rightclicked and allow audio track selection.

As for the LiveTV stutter, when selecting to use the [x] SUGGESTED settings checkbox, current releases (4.0+) of my software will ask you if you're a LiveTV user and make settings according to your answer to the question.

Check in Control Panel | Sound, under your active connection to see that you have set the proper speaker count. My software picks up on this setting and uses it to setup audio output from the installed codecs.

Please know, Media Center playback is only affected by settings made in the 64bit app. All other players are affected using the 32bit app.

I also operate my own forum.

Use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and retain your sanity.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Firstly, thanks for the replies. My comp specs are:

Windows 7 ultimate up to date service packs.
AMD Athlon 62x 2 dual core 5000+ 2.60ghz processor
5 gig ram
550w psu.
soundblaster xfi titinium professional fatality soundcard, connected to logitech z550 thx certified 5.1 speakers set as default playback device.
2, 300 gig hard drives (c drive is operating system, d: drive where files stored, connected via sata cable from mobo)
I have a 42inch plasma tv connected via hdmi to gigabyte sapphire hd card 4300 series (which can handle 1080 i and p.

As for mkv playing 2 audio track, it is and still is after changing the above avi setting. Ive tried all the setting splitters in avi and mkv and still both english and french audible. I can use vlc player and select file, but what i wanted was to browese my hd through wmc7 select a film of any file type and just hit play!!

Ive tried registering with your forum but still no activation email.

Any other ideas?

C
post #5 of 6 Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 AM

Liked: 17
Shot in the dark, but do you have the "default" flag set to yes for the two different audio tracks in the MKV? You can use mkvmerge to look at this, or use the Shark007 (misc tab I think) to analyze the mkv...
post #6 of 6 Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casteneda View Post

Ive tried registering with your forum but still no activation email.

I've activated your account manually. it will be easier (for me) to continue troubleshooting there.

Use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and retain your sanity.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page