Schedule season pass without guide data? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to schedule a season pass in WMC, trouble is guide data only goes out two weeks. There are some shows with promos running I don't want to miss. Is there a way to setup a season pass without having the show listed in the guide data? I know I can schedule a specific time/date/channel, but I'm hoping there is a way to do it like a normal season pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 192
WMC EPG is only for 12 to 14 days. You will need to check it every week or so. If you have the MyMediaCenter app from ceton you can do this anywhere in the world you have data service on your smartphone with this app.

post #3 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 167
There's a way to set up a wish list in WMC. Do a search by keyword or title and then select "Add to wish list." Under the wish list option, select "Record all shows with." Any upcoming shows that contain the keyword will appear in the upcoming recordings list as soon as they appear in the available guide data. Once the show you want to record as a season pass shows up you can fine tune the recording options for that show and make it a regular season pass.
post #4 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I didn't know this. Learn something new each day.

Are Season Pass shows Copy Never or are you using the Season Pass in a more generic way? I'm thinking of Dish or Direct's term or something like MLB channels and am not sure what you actually mean by that term.

post #5 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 256
I think the season pass OP means is just the series recording in WMC.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

If that's the case, just schedule the series and as they come available in WMC it will record it.

post #7 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

If that's the case, just schedule the series and as they come available in WMC it will record it.

You can't schedule the series until it is available in the guide data. Following post 3 is the workaround to that issue.

An example would be a series recording for Survivor. Each year the title changes based on the location or theme. You would set the wishlist to record anything with the keyword Survivor which would take care of grabbing the first episode. Once it is in your guide or recordings you'll be able to select it as a series using the normal means.

Same for X Kids and Counting. Every nine to ten months the show is renamed to X+1 Kids and Counting.

post #8 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

I think the season pass OP means is just the series recording in WMC.

This. Sorry, using old tivo terms. I'll give the wish list a shot. I was sort of hoping there was a 3rd party series editor or something though. Maybe I'll have to find where it stores the series lists and see if I can open it in a text editor or something.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwayman View Post

This. Sorry, using old tivo terms. I'll give the wish list a shot. I was sort of hoping there was a 3rd party series editor or something though. Maybe I'll have to find where it stores the series lists and see if I can open it in a text editor or something.

If you set it to record a series it will pick up on them beyond the date of the guide. I've got series that I scheduled last year that are getting recorded this year. I'm not sure if this is what the TiVo Season Pass does or not but once you set up a series in WMC it will pick it up until you delete the series or there's a series finally.

post #10 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

You can't schedule the series until it is available in the guide data. Following post 3 is the workaround to that issue.

An example would be a series recording for Survivor. Each year the title changes based on the location or theme. You would set the wishlist to record anything with the keyword Survivor which would take care of grabbing the first episode. Once it is in your guide or recordings you'll be able to select it as a series using the normal means.

Same for X Kids and Counting. Every nine to ten months the show is renamed to X+1 Kids and Counting.

Oh, that... Usually I don't plan that far ahead. I'm more like thumbing through the guide and decide to record a series.. If it isn't in the guide I probably don't even know it exists for the most part but there's SB and SAB too.

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page