Anybody Using the TRENDnet TEW-680MB N900 Dual Band Wireless Media Bridge? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 180
I am thinking of picking this up. The reviews on the egg look decent. Anybody using it that can report their experience with it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-156-383&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well I just went ahead and ordered it. It is on sale with code for $60. I will report back on how well it works since nobody else is reporting back.

post #3 of 7 Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Well I just went ahead and ordered it. It is on sale with code for $60. I will report back on how well it works since nobody else is reporting back.

I haven't used that particular model, but I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with it's performance. How far are you trying to go and how many floors/doors
post #4 of 7 Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If you've been following me over in the echo forum it is going in my kitchen which is the next room from my office so basically one wall and an opening... It is an older home so the opening into the kitchen is only 36" wide unlike today's homes where it is just open. There's no door but the TV in the kitchen is on the other side of the room past both the refrigerator and microwave. The total distance is about 15 feet to this location. I can still pull ethernet under the house or in the attic but I figured WTH, this thing's on sale for $60. My router is only N 300/600 not N 450/900 so I won't be able to utilize the full ability of this media bridge. Newegg is merely 30 miles from my house but being Friday I probably won't see it until later on Monday afternoon but we will see. After I hook it up I will report back.

post #5 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hooked it up and it is working real well but time will tell. It has a 60 day return and free return shipping.

post #6 of 7 Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

I can still pull ethernet under the house or in the attic but I figured WTH, this thing's on sale for $60. My router is only N 300/600 not N 450/900 so I won't be able to utilize the full ability of this media bridge

smile.gif My router is 450/900 but bridge is 300/600

Maybe we should trade biggrin.gif Nah shipping would kill the deal

I leave a dedicated non-broadcast band on 5GHz. Microwave between my router and bridge is irrelevant due to this
post #7 of 7 Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Still working well for me. Last night was sort of weird as it was down and I had to re-configure it. My Prime had lost the CableCARD for copy once content too. I had to reboot that and the TA as well. I think there was a power outage or something as a storm passed through yesterday too.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page