wmc 7 random crashes and weirdness - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have an Intel ivybridge i5 using the hd4000 graphics. Ever since I put this system together I have noticed some issues. Some times when watching live TV and pressing the button to bring up the guide I'll noticed the live TV will stutter in the background for a few seconds then it will be fine. Other times wmc will crash to the desktop and restart itself.
Recordings that are taking place are unaffected. I have made it a habit to stop live TV before doing anything in wmc so not to cause any issues. But I can't get the wife to do the same. So usually when it crashes I'm not around but the WAF is going down because of this. I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas of what I could do to fix this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So just to update if anyone is interested. I had a feeling that it was the Intel hd4000 graphics causing me problems.
I threw a nvidia gt430 in the system and it seems as if all my video playback errors have disappeared.no more stutter when pressing guide button. Stutter when starting a recorded program is gone. Stutter when pressing play after fast forward is now gone. Also minor video glitches when moving around wmc is all gone. And best of all color looks much better not as washed out. My HDMI handshake issues are now gone so I'm a very happy camper.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page