MPC-HC & AnyDVD trial showing episodes on bluray in wrong order. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-15-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know why the episodes on this BluRay are showing in the wrong order even though they are numbered in order? This is episode 2/3 I am now playing and I have checked with Wikipedia that this is in fact ep02 even though it shows as the third.

I'm at the point where I'm trying to decide between PowerDVD12, TMT5 and AnyDVD HD. This is using purely the latter, I uninstalled the other two and was almost convinced about what to buy till tonight.

I've pretty much decided against the first 2 for various reasons but if using AnyDVD HD means I can't just play TV show BluRays in the proper order automatically I think I will just buy a hardware player and forget all this business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Some blurays name the actual files semi-randomly rather than in episode order. Some are nice enough to number them in order. It totally depends on the guy who authored the disc.

But if we don't know what disc you are talking about nobody can tell you if that is what is going or if it is some other problem.

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
This is a MPC-HC problem, it sorts the playlists by length (Which usually works for movies but not TV shows)

AnyDVD HD only removes the protection, it does not have anything to do with the actual playback.

The only way to play these disc back correctly is using a commercial player like PowerDVD/TMT.
post #4 of 8 Old 02-16-2013, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's disappointing but thanks a lot for the info!

OT: I think I might just buy a hardware player then. I'd happily spend £100 for a lifetime of AnyDVD but I'm not spending the same for a software player that has a shed load of features I will never use, and I'll probably have to upgrade in a year or so.

I'm not interested in copying, all I want to do is play legit discs, it would've just been nice to have had the option of playing stuff in a window. My media life has never been so frustrating since I started following all the rules!
post #5 of 8 Old 02-16-2013, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejh1987 View Post

The only way to play these disc back correctly is using a commercial player like PowerDVD/TMT.
Or select the proper playlist in any non commercial player.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-17-2013, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
That assumes there even is a playlist the includes all episodes. It is entirely possible that no such playlist exists - plenty of tv series blurays do not have a "play all episodes" option.

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
I missed the fact that it was a TV series disc. I was thinking it was a ScreenPass title.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-06-2013, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeproject View Post

That's disappointing but thanks a lot for the info!

OT: I think I might just buy a hardware player then. I'd happily spend £100 for a lifetime of AnyDVD but I'm not spending the same for a software player that has a shed load of features I will never use, and I'll probably have to upgrade in a year or so.

I'm not interested in copying, all I want to do is play legit discs, it would've just been nice to have had the option of playing stuff in a window. My media life has never been so frustrating since I started following all the rules!

Amen! I don't understand why the movie makers insist on such BS. Warnings, mandatory trailers, no jukebox players, the list goes on. They could make so much money if they'd, on top of the anti-pirating efforts, simply provided a means for jukebox style playback.

That simple. Create a jukebox whether hard drive or physical disc based and you have a winner.

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page