WMC fast forward/rewind modification - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When viewing recorded TV, is there any way to make WMC skip back [forward] 5 or 10 seconds when you press play after fast forwarding [rewinding] at 4X to compensate for your reflexes in pushing the button at the right time? I think it's called "overshoot compensation" and I found some very old threads about it, but it didn't seem like there was a solution.

Also, is there a way to modify the amount of time it skips forward and backward (default is 30 seconds) when you press skip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgthree View Post

Also, is there a way to modify the amount of time it skips forward and backward (default is 30 seconds) when you press skip?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10762/increase-skip-and-replay-intervals-in-windows-7-media-center/

3 minutes works pretty good for skipping commericals. It rarely hits right on the money, and sometimes goes ahead too far.
bgthree likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!

Is there a way to edit the registry to jump back 5 seconds after you've been fast forwarding at 4X?
post #4 of 5 Old 02-22-2013, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I never really thought about it, but what are the FF & REW speeds in WMC7?

I usually use the second FF speed & when I press Play after that FF speed the recording does jump back a few seconds.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm not sure how or if you can edit the "jump back" setting, but as Mike99 mentioned, it does appear to do this by default but maybe by just a second or two. I also edited the speeds of the fast forward/rewind as well. There is info on that at the following link. The specific registry entries were not there by default for me as mentioned in the first replies so I followed the directions in the reply by "cogdis" and adjusted the numbers to my liking. I only wish these settings transferred over to extenders as well. The FF/RW speeds on the Xbox 360 and terrible (I'm not sure if these mimic the original WMC speeds). IMO second one is way too slow and third is way too fast.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/does-anyone-know-the-trickmode-settings-for/6a28088e-a7a8-41d8-9ffa-7a7e718e4e68
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page