ASUS P87Z77-V LK and Windows Media Center "Video Files needed to display video..." - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Howdy
I have a HTPC with i7 processor using on board video and audio on a ASUS P87Z77-V LK motherboard. I use windows media center (because there's nothing really better right now that supports my Ceton Quad cable card tuner). WMC is saying that the VIDEO Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly" and through my searches online the only thing that fixes this is SPECIFICALLY deleting the Inte(R)l Display Audio driver from DEVICE MANAGER Sound, video and game controllers. This fixes the prob but it happens frequently, and is always fixed by deleting this driver and scanning for changes. Any insights?
Thanks
Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Have you installed LAV filters?

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/LAV_Filters.htm
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Generally with media center and cablecard tuners you don't want any extra codecs/filters/splitters etc. If you must have them for something else, I would research the ones you are getting that there are no problems with them... right now the only pack I trust is shark007 as if I break something, an uninstall/reinstall of it seems to fix it... others seem to always make some change someplace that doesn't uninstall well.

Usually this problem is actually caused when going through an AVR and disabling the "navigation" sounds in the guide fixes it. It has something to do with having to switch between stereo/pcm and 5.1 channel (dolby) sound. My understanding some AVRs and/or sound cards are better than others at handling this than others and I believe some have suggested firmware upgrades to the AVR in the past.

My hearing has gotten so bad over the years, that captions are a must and for me to listen I use a bluetooth headset and stereo is all I need as often the rear channels overwhelm what I can hear from the front.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by signcarver View Post

Generally with media center and cablecard tuners you don't want any extra codecs/filters/splitters etc. If you must have them for something else, I would research the ones you are getting that there are no problems with them... right now the only pack I trust is shark007 as if I break something, an uninstall/reinstall of it seems to fix it... others seem to always make some change someplace that doesn't uninstall well.
Usually this problem is actually caused when going through an AVR and disabling the "navigation" sounds in the guide fixes it. It has something to do with having to switch between stereo/pcm and 5.1 channel (dolby) sound. My understanding some AVRs and/or sound cards are better than others at handling this than others and I believe some have suggested firmware upgrades to the AVR in the past.t.

My hearing has gotten so bad over the years, that captions are a must and for me to listen I use a bluetooth headset and stereo is all I need as often the rear channels overwhelm what I can hear from the front.

BINGO!

Thanks big time. This is an great explination of a problem that has happend after installing a Denon AVR.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks also
I know that the Windows Media Center will crash and give this error IF the navigation sounds don't play. Then I have to reinstall the driver per the original post...
DOug
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page