Realtek audio front and back panels - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This question appears to plague some, and has been asked on the internet a few times. However I'm not sure I have yet found a solution. I'm in the process of upgrading the realtek drivers to the latest.

How do you run HD Audio from the rear panel (using the discrete outputs L,R - Sub, Center - Rear channels L,R) and at the same time run the Front Panel head phone jack? ---

The problem that occurs is: When something runs in true 5.1 sound - The Amplified speakers connected to the front panel are only getting the L and Right front sound and none of the voice dialog... - it is not mixing it for stereo sound.

In my realtek manager I did figure out how to connect the front panel without killing the sound in the rear. There is a setting, that says 'do not detect front panel jack'. When that was unchecked, I would plug in the front panel, and it would take over. What I'm trying to do, is run sound in two different rooms: one in 6 channels (with a 5.1 receiver) and one in 2 channels.(with a standard ancient amplifier)

I've read that it also may be a bios setting, but I'm not able to check what settings are available, except online. Online I cannot find any bios setting that seems to fix. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 560.

Edit: Upgraded to what I believe is the latest: 6.0.1.5963 - But I haven't noticed anything different yet.
I checked the bios settings. There is no setting for the front panel audio. If we are trying to hear audio in the bedroom at the same time as the receiver in the living room, we have to dumb it down to 'Quadraphonic'. - but this defeats the purpose of the HD audio. d'oh

2nd Edit: On this link is what I'm looking for http://superuser.com/questions/120602/how-to-get-headphones-and-speakers-working-at-the-same-time - Where a guy mentions the 'HD Audio 2nd Output' - But it appears that my onboard audio may not have this ability. He mentions two separate audio streams. If he is correct, than my only recourse is to purchase another audio card, that can handle this job. - Ideas?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page