Ultimate HTPC/Media Server build - part 1 purchased, need storage format advice. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 76 Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 180
In my post I had an error on the last mappings. There should not be a "\" before the "=sat".
goros likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Oh hey that worked. Sweet, up and running in flexraid too. Now if I can just trigger diskeeper to see that info I'll be good. Thanks man,
post #63 of 76 Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Do you use crash plan ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #64 of 76 Old 03-13-2013, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Nope. Used carbonite for a while, but the whole government "Americans have no expectation to privacy for anything stored in the cloud" thing a few months ago got me to quit.

Everything is ripped to Bluray currently and stored in a bank's saftey deposit box as well as a copy being out in my barn.
post #65 of 76 Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hey so I've been ripping my collection after work and noticed a few things.

#1...MakeMKV and Handbrake can't handle all the different tv series I'm ripping. Some work ok, others fail. Some I have to DVD copy with dvdfab to remove protections and then make the mkv off the hard drive.

One disc in particular was so such an issue I had to drop it in my gaming rig's Bluray drive to get it to read (it was a dvd9 so I figured a more powerful laser would work better...it read perfectly first try no errors.)

Is there any way to speed the process up, or is the initial ripping of everyone's library as hands on as it seems so far?
post #66 of 76 Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

K so anyway, seems like whatever issues I'm having are just particular to the disc I am ripping at the time, some are effortless and others are painful.

To my next question -

I have my rig set up to use MPC-HC, MadVR, Reclock, & LAVfilters (I also installed the nvidia registry patch to allow true RGB). I found a script that allows me to click "play" inside mediabrowser and which opens mpc-HC, maximizes it, and plays the file there seamlessly, and then closes back to mediabrowser when done.

My issue is I lose function of my harmony 900 when in mpc-HC. How do I address that? Is there some extra commands or scripts I need to add?

Second, I installed SVP and it's running, but I uninstalled ffdshow in favor of LAV. Do I simply re-install ffdshow or will lav activate SVP automatically?

Thanks
post #67 of 76 Old 03-18-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

You need to run SVP to use it. If you don't run it your not using it. Run SVP you'll see in your MPC-HC where it tells you in the start its working or not.

If you don't run SVP (or exit) you can still use your MPC-HC without it.

As for the script- I'd be interested in that. WHere you get it?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #68 of 76 Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

SVP is running, it says "waiting for ffdshow video" in my toolbar. Where would I see it in mpc-HC? Or would it just show on the toolbar?

Here is the website I stole the script from.
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/01/29/guide-using-mpc-hc-as-your-video-player-in-wmc-media-browser/

You download and drop externallauncher into the mpc-HC folder, write the .bat file and modify the example script to point at the correct file location. Works flawlessly, except for the damn remote not responding when I'm in mpc hc
post #69 of 76 Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Download the full SVP program (not lite) and install all the extras. It will install FDshow and configure for you.

-

post #70 of 76 Old 03-18-2013, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok I did that, it actually makes me kinda sick to my stomach. Not digging it at all. I'll try it for a bit.

Any idea why it killed my bitstreaming? Seems to be screwing with LAV.
post #71 of 76 Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goros View Post

Ok I did that, it actually makes me kinda sick to my stomach. Not digging it at all. I'll try it for a bit.

Any idea why it killed my bitstreaming? Seems to be screwing with LAV.

Probably HALI media splitter or some other setting.

-

post #72 of 76 Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I pulled Hali out, made sure everything in mpc was prefer for lav, and still nothing. Uninstalled ffdshow and back to perfect. All good, it was messing with my eyes anyway. I don't like cinemotion or motionflow on my TV (240Hz) so I'm not surprised I don't like it from the HTPC either.
post #73 of 76 Old 03-19-2013, 05:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sounds like your lav audio splitter was set up wrong or something.

-

post #74 of 76 Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Nope, double and triple checked the settings vs what was supposed to be there, they were perfect (and upon removal of ffdshow immediately went back to sending bitstream to the Denon, without having to go back in and look at the LAV settings - which I did anyway and nothing had changed).

Whatever it was, it came and went with ffdshow. SVP just needs to set something up to always work with LAV.
post #75 of 76 Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok so I decided to mess with SVP again after seeing mfusik's animation recommendations and was able to fix my bitstreaming problem by blocking Haali and configuring ffdshow differently (found a few threads on it).

I will admit the SVP is nice for cartoons, but my question is this - how do I enable 24p if I want it? I tried to make the nvidia control panel do a custom 24Hz profile in 1080p and it worked, but without sound.

Any thoughts/fixes? I'd like 24p for Bluray cartoons that support it but have no idea how to do it and make it pass sound. SVP makes scenes with fast motion look blurry.

Thanks
post #76 of 76 Old 05-29-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

See the SVP thread smile.gif

-

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page