Old 11-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
You can try tsniper. i dont but others have.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TSSniper
I tried TSSniper. It loads the TS file but at the end of the load it gives an error message saying " DirectShow problem - failure while trying to render filtergraph ". Googling, it seems that installing a codec pack might get past the problem but I also found webpages that advise against installing codec packs as they can negatively affect other programs. Not sure what to do. The K-lite codec pack appears to allow the user to choose what to install. Anyone know exactly what to select in K-lite to allow TSSniper to load my TS files?

Quote:
Or you can search this thread to find and download a copy of Arcsoft TME (total media extreme) and/or showbiz. They originally came with the HDPVRs.. I think SHS was the author.
Hauppauge HDPVR-1212 Owner's Thread
Showbiz came with the HD PVR2 1512 that I just bought. But judging from a short test TS clip that I cut a portion out of, it appears to re-encode the video. I don't want to wait for a re-encode pass for 2 hour movies that I cut commercials out of. ..... I'm going through the HD PVR 1212 thread that you posted a link to. So far, no luck in finding out how to get TSSniper to load my TS files.

Thanks much for your help,
Skylark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I use the free AviDemux to edit the TS files from my 1512 recorded from Dish DVR via component. Occasionally I will have a problem and resort to VideoReDo and that usually will fix it. I just personally prefer avidemux for quick editing. VideoReDo is definitely the better software. Still experimenting though and not set on any one way yet.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
I use the free AviDemux to edit the TS files from my 1512 recorded from Dish DVR via component. Occasionally I will have a problem and resort to VideoReDo and that usually will fix it. I just personally prefer avidemux for quick editing. VideoReDo is definitely the better software. Still experimenting though and not set on any one way yet.
I tried Avidemux. I opened a .TS file and cut out a segment but could only save the edited video as an .avi file. Is there a way to save the video as a .TS or .M2TS file?

Thanks,
Skylark
Old 11-16-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
I tried Avidemux. I opened a .TS file and cut out a segment but could only save the edited video as an .avi file. Is there a way to save the video as a .TS or .M2TS file?

Thanks,
Skylark

Here is a good tutorial post that I used to learn how to use it.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...ials-Clips-Etc

basically open avidemux >>> then open .TS file you want to edit. wait while it indexes the file.

on the left side of the program window leave video output and audio output as COPY

CHANGE Output Format to mpegTS Muxer (ff)

at the bottom of the program window use the A button to mark beginning of commercial and B button to mark end of 1st commercial and then select Delete on keyboard to mark that as cut and continue process for the rest of the file. Use the scroll bar above the A and B buttons and the up and down arrow buttons on keyboard to move frame by frame through the file.

then click save button when finished>>> select destination folder>>>add the new filename and add .TS extension to end of filename in the save as box that opens.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Here is a good tutorial post that I used to learn how to use it.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...ials-Clips-Etc

basically open avidemux >>> then open .TS file you want to edit. wait while it indexes the file.

on the left side of the program window leave video output and audio output as COPY

CHANGE Output Format to mpegTS Muxer (ff)

at the bottom of the program window use the A button to mark beginning of commercial and B button to mark end of 1st commercial and then select Delete on keyboard to mark that as cut and continue process for the rest of the file. Use the scroll bar above the A and B buttons and the up and down arrow buttons on keyboard to move frame by frame through the file.

then click save button when finished>>> select destination folder>>>add the new filename and add .TS extension to end of filename in the save as box that opens.
Thank you very much for taking the time. Unfortunately, Avidemux is not working for me. Here's my procedure:

1. Captured a 1 minute 1080i, 60fps video from my PVR2 1512 in the .TS format.

2. Without any edits at all with output set to "Mpeg ts muxer", I tried to save the file. I get "Too short - The video has been saved but seems to be incomplete."

3. Set ouput to "Avi Muxer" and it saves the video fine.

I tried it on a 3 minute .TS clip and the same thing happens. It seems that Avidemux can save the .TS clips as .AVI fine but will not save them properly with the output set to "Mpeg TS Muxer".

I Googled the error message and it seems to be a problem with Avidemux that others have experienced.

Thanks,
Skylark

Last edited by Skylark; 11-16-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much for taking the time. Unfortunately, Avidemux is not working for me. Here's my procedure:

1. Captured a 1 minute 1080i, 60fps video from my PVR2 1512 in the .TS format.

2. Without any edits at all with output set to "Mpeg ts muxer", I tried to save the file. I get "Too short - The video has been saved but seems to be incomplete."

3. Set ouput to "Avi Muxer" and it saves the video fine.

I tried it on a 3 minute .TS clip and the same thing happens. It seems that Avidemux can save the .TS clips as .AVI fine but will not save them properly with the output set to "Mpeg TS Muxer".

I Googled the error message and it seems to be a problem with Avidemux that others have experienced.

Thanks,
Skylark
Sorry I just realized when I went to look that I told you the settings for when I edit TS files from NextPVR and my HDHomerun

For my Hauppauge captures from Dish PVR I use

Video Decoder XXXX

Video Output COPY

Audio Output COPY

Output Format MP4v2 muxer

I have had the too short message before and by trial and error I came to this conclusion right or wrong, that it is because the 1512 is encoding x264 inside a TS container and there is an error in the data somewhere, so I tried editing it with MP4v2 Muxer set for OUTPUT FORMAT and it works for me. I edit and save several shows a week this way to move to my computer and watch when I travel.

Hope that helps. I've only had this for a couple months and still figuring things out myself
Old 11-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sorry I just realized when I went to look that I told you the settings for when I edit TS files from NextPVR and my HDHomerun

For my Hauppauge captures from Dish PVR I use
Video Decoder XXXX
Video Output COPY
Audio Output COPY
Output Format MP4v2 muxer

I have had the too short message before and by trial and error I came to this conclusion right or wrong, that it is because the 1512 is encoding x264 inside a TS container and there is an error in the data somewhere, so I tried editing it with MP4v2 Muxer set for OUTPUT FORMAT and it works for me. I edit and save several shows a week this way to move to my computer and watch when I travel.

Hope that helps. I've only had this for a couple months and still figuring things out myself
Tried to save the 3 minute TS file with output set to MP4v2. It saved OK but Win7 explorer shows the length as 13:11:54 (13 hours). When I try to play it using VLC, it just shows the first frame as a still frame, no audio, but the playback time increments as if the file is playing. No Joy.

Thanks for your help but I think I'll give up on Avidemux for now.
Best regards,
Skylark
Old 11-16-2014, 03:27 PM

Sorry I couldn't help.

I've done about 35 captures in HD and edited them and they all play fine on laptop using WMP and MPC. They play fine on the tv with my WDTV boxes off my NAS too.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sorry I couldn't help.

I've done about 35 captures in HD and edited them and they all play fine on laptop using WMP and MPC. They play fine on the tv with my WDTV boxes off my NAS too.
Appreciate the time you invested .

I hope to find out which codec TSSniper needs (without loading an entire codec pack) to avoid the Direct show filtergraph error. May revisit Avidemux again later.

Thanks!
Skylark
Old 11-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
OK. I am thinking of creating a short file that is mucked up by hitting the "pause" button on my cable DVR momentarily.
This will allow some experimentation to see what works best. A five or ten minute file with a couple interruptions should be easy enough to create.
I'll probably have some time later this week.
It looks like my suggestion of using tsmuxer 2.6 with rebuilding SEI on these 'mucked up' files doesn't fix the issue.
The apps I tested with are tsdoctor, tsremuxer & tsremux.
The file is 120min 12.4gb... Windows Explorer lists it as 18min.

I tried using tsremuxer with rebuild sei turned on and each time it would error out at about 97min. (some sort of resync error)
So I tried tsdoctor to fix the file and then used tsremuxer once more. Same issue. Windows still listed it at 18min and it had an error at 97min.
However, When I used the tsdoctor processed file with tsremux - It seemed to fix everything. It was now listed as 120min & Videoredo could edit it.
Tsdoctor also removes what some call 'filler data'. Not sure what that is but it did take the 12.4gb file down to 11.3gb with the same 120min listed in properties. You can read more about it here.. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TS-Doctor

So I guess I'll be using tsdoctor & tsremux to process my hdpvr2 files.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:51 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Component only, this or the 1212

I am looking to get one of these or the older 1212. Since I will only be using component, I was originally just going to get the 1212, but the samples I see on you tube seem to show a quality improvement over the 1212 with the hd pvr 2. Is that everyone else's findings as well? Like I said, I will be using only component connections, so is the hd pvr 2 still the better choice from a pq standpoint? It will mostly be recording off my cable box. Also, I will not need the HDMI output in my setup (the source will be coming off a splitter). I am assuming that not using the HDMI out will not create a problem.right? Thanks in advance for the help!!
Old 11-18-2014, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
It looks like my suggestion of using tsmuxer 2.6 with rebuilding SEI on these 'mucked up' files doesn't fix the issue.
The apps I tested with are tsdoctor, tsremuxer & tsremux.
The file is 120min 12.4gb... Windows Explorer lists it as 18min.

I tried using tsremuxer with rebuild sei turned on and each time it would error out at about 97min. (some sort of resync error)
So I tried tsdoctor to fix the file and then used tsremuxer once more. Same issue. Windows still listed it at 18min and it had an error at 97min.
However, When I used the tsdoctor processed file with tsremux - It seemed to fix everything. It was now listed as 120min & Videoredo could edit it.
Tsdoctor also removes what some call 'filler data'. Not sure what that is but it did take the 12.4gb file down to 11.3gb with the same 120min listed in properties. You can read more about it here.. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TS-Doctor

So I guess I'll be using tsdoctor & tsremux to process my hdpvr2 files.
I didn't have time to do any extensive testing, but TSDoctor and TsRemux seem to do the best job. I always use TSDoctor anyway before editing any large files. The logfile shows some useful info about the audio, at least I can interpret that. VideoReDo shows how many frames were dropped- that logfile will show where those frames were. A couple frames here and there seem to be normal. When there are a large number of dropped frames you can play the file and find the point where that problem is. I have edited out and replaced segments with noticeable discontinuities, just have to wait for the program to be repeated. It's still a learning process!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsdsmith View Post
I am looking to get one of these or the older 1212. Since I will only be using component, I was originally just going to get the 1212, but the samples I see on you tube seem to show a quality improvement over the 1212 with the hd pvr 2. Is that everyone else's findings as well? Like I said, I will be using only component connections, so is the hd pvr 2 still the better choice from a pq standpoint? It will mostly be recording off my cable box. Also, I will not need the HDMI output in my setup (the source will be coming off a splitter). I am assuming that not using the HDMI out will not create a problem.right? Thanks in advance for the help!!
I recently bought a PVR2 1512. Have it connected as follows:
..... Cable Box > (component cable) > PVR2 > (USB2 cable) > i5 PC.
I don't have any HDMI cables connected to the PVR2. I view the video from my PC with the HDMI cable that I already had set up as follows:
..... PC > (HDMI cable) > 4x2 switch > (HDMI cables) > Two HDTV sets.

The captured 1080i picture quality looks identical to the original broadcast to my eyes. There is interlace combing artifacts on vertical edges on the HDTV sets on fast movements (static or slow movements no combing) using VLC or GOM players. But using WinTV7 that came with the PVR2, there is no interlace combing on the HDTV sets.

I've captured as .TS and .MP4 so far.

Skylark
Old 11-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
I recently bought a PVR2 1512. Have it connected as follows:
..... Cable Box > (component cable) > PVR2 > (USB2 cable) > i5 PC.
I don't have any HDMI cables connected to the PVR2. I view the video from my PC with the HDMI cable that I already had set up as follows:
..... PC > (HDMI cable) > 4x2 switch > (HDMI cables) > Two HDTV sets.

The captured 1080i picture quality looks identical to the original broadcast to my eyes. There is interlace combing artifacts on vertical edges on the HDTV sets on fast movements (static or slow movements no combing) using VLC or GOM players. But using WinTV7 that came with the PVR2, there is no interlace combing on the HDTV sets.

I've captured as .TS and .MP4 so far.

Skylark

I can't speak for GOM, but VLC has deinterlacing set to 'OFF' by default. Have you tried changing the deinterlace setting in VLC? If, not, I would expect doing so will resolve the issue. In short, likely a playback client issue, not a capture issue.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post
I can't speak for GOM, but VLC has deinterlacing set to 'OFF' by default. Have you tried changing the deinterlace setting in VLC? If, not, I would expect doing so will resolve the issue. In short, likely a playback client issue, not a capture issue.
You're right. VLC had deinterlace set to OFF by default. I turned it ON and the interlace combing went away.

Thanks!
Skylark
Old Today, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hello I have the same problem on my interlaced capture more when I plug my HDPVR decoder offers the 1080p60 like I'm in Europe I have no choice but to leave my decoder on 1080i50 if I unplugged hd pvr of the decoder 50 1080p back bizzare?