HD PVR 2 1512 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #361 of 386 Old 04-14-2015, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
I'm surprised you don't know your typical bit rate settings. If in doubt, Crank up showbiz to max. Check results.
If Showbiz came with the 1512 - Did you update it?
I set those settings so long ago, I haven't needed to change them.

Looking at the output files (using Mediainfo) I see differences.

I'm going to play a little more with the 1512 tonight and see if I can make any difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 386 Old 04-16-2015, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I bought the HD PVR 2 (1512) from Amazon.com. They sent the 1504 (HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus) in 1512's box. They are identical except for the light (1512 - green light and 1504 - blue light) but it would constantly disconnect from USB, so I sent it back. I may buy the Colossus 2 as a replacement.
post #363 of 386 Old 04-16-2015, 02:36 PM

I should note as per Hauppauge that the HD PVR 2 (1512) has been discontinued, which explains why they sent me the Gaming Edition Plus.
post #364 of 386 Old 04-16-2015, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Record composite video using HD PVR 2 without the composite cable

you dont need that just plug the yellow cable in the blue one dyn style.

check the video Record composite video using HD PVR 2 without the composite cable on youtube
Mark_Venture likes this.
post #365 of 386 Old 04-17-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Sputnik View Post
I bought the HD PVR 2 (1512) from Amazon.com. They sent the 1504 (HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus) in 1512's box. They are identical except for the light (1512 - green light and 1504 - blue light) but it would constantly disconnect from USB, so I sent it back. I may buy the Colossus 2 as a replacement.
Interesting. I ordered my HD PVR2 (1512) from Amazon on April 12. I got the 1512 in the 1512 box.

I used this link -> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and made sure High Def PVR with Surround Sound was selected from the drop down.
post #366 of 386 Old 04-17-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Interesting. I ordered my HD PVR2 (1512) from Amazon on April 12. I got the 1512 in the 1512 box.

I used this link -> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and made sure High Def PVR with Surround Sound was selected from the drop down.
You're lucky. I did the same. I sent back the incorrect order and have ordered the Colossus 2 directly from Hauppauge. I'll review it here when it arrives.
post #367 of 386 Old 04-17-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Sputnik View Post
You're lucky. I did the same. I sent back the incorrect order and have ordered the Colossus 2 directly from Hauppauge. I'll review it here when it arrives.
I stand corrected. I just looked at the label on the bottom of the device. Its the GE Plus... BUT the box was the 1512 PVR2, and includes all cables and the IR blaster as the packaging describes. It has all the connections (including optical audio) as described on Hauppauge's web site.

I think physically, the GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 units are the exact same, but they just include different cables/software in the box. (example, the GE Plus doesn't include the IR blaster)

And mine works so far. Except the issue of .TS/M2TS needing to be fixed before opening in VideoRedo which has already been talked about in this thread. On that, it appears to be the files themselves, as Windows doesn't show the right time on those files (in explorer/detail view), nor does MediaInfo app.

Last edited by Mark_Venture; 04-17-2015 at 05:35 PM.
post #368 of 386 Old 04-17-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised you don't know your typical bit rate settings. If in doubt, Crank up showbiz to max. Check results.
If Showbiz came with the 1512 - Did you update it?
Power adapter for my 1212 showed up today... I fired up TotalMedia Extreme 2. The settings "screens" are different in that there are less options on the 1212, and different scales for the values. It will be a little challenging to convert/equate, but even then, I can only change the settings common between the 1512 and 1212. If those which are unique to the 1512 are the difference, I'll have alot more playing to do.

The 1512 has done a good job with Non-HDCP HDMI captures so far. I mean, results are clear and look good. So I'll check my component cables and the input connector on the 1512, just in case.

I might end up buying an HDMI splitter, then use the 1212 to capture my component sources, and the 1512 only to capture HDMI stuff (until/unless the 1212 dies again).
post #369 of 386 Old 04-20-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
Thanks for your response info. That's what I understood about using HDMI from the STB > PVR, though I never tried it and just started using component cables from the start.

The only other thing I can think of is to ask your cable provider if they have a STB or DVR that has component output.

Hope someone knows of a solution for your problem,
Skylark
Well, what about converting the output mp4 file to 5.1? Is there such a solution? Like specific home theatre systems?
post #370 of 386 Old 04-21-2015, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just got the 1512 and I'm having audio sync issues when editing in Adobe Premiere. The audio is correctly synced when I play the raw .ts and/or .m2ts file in a media player - it only becomes an issue during editing. I changed the audio encoder default from Mpeg II to AAC, but unfortunately that didn't help.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
post #371 of 386 Old 04-21-2015, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I bought TSDoctor to edit with as many suggested for about $30. Works great imo. I read and watch videos explaining your issue with premiere and I also experienced it so I shelled out the digital cash for TSDoctor.
post #372 of 386 Old 04-28-2015, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thavitage View Post
I just got the 1512 and I'm having audio sync issues when editing in Adobe Premiere. The audio is correctly synced when I play the raw .ts and/or .m2ts file in a media player - it only becomes an issue during editing. I changed the audio encoder default from Mpeg II to AAC, but unfortunately that didn't help.
Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
I'm not sure how to fix this but I can offer some ideas that others have suggested when trying to make these files usable in editors.

TsRemux v0.21.2 (free)
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125447

TsMuxer 2.6.11 (free) Choose 'rebuild sei data' when remuxing. This can also build avchd & BD file structure for burning. (no menu)
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168539

TsDoctor. $$$
Repairs corrupt & dropped frames from file..

VideoRedo V4 or V5. $$$
Use Quickstream fix. Also an editor.

I use tdoctor then tsremux before editing in VRD. HDMI capture files are sometimes problematic with this device. If I want quick n easy I use my 1212.
Less errors. I can drop the 1212 files into VRD and start editing immediately.
post #373 of 386 Old 06-08-2015, 09:51 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help with hooking up an old VCR (Bang & Olufsen VX 7000) to the HD PVR2 for archiving VHS.

Connections & cables I have available (sorry can't post clickable links).
imgur.com/a/ySLjW

If I do VCR > Scart > Composite Cable > TV I get colour and stereo audio.
But with the following setup (suggested by Hauppauge):
VCR > Scart > Composite Cable > Yellow Composite plugged in to Green Component + Red/White Audio > S-Video > HD PVR2

I get the following result:
youtube.com/watch?v=vEKV1ELdt8A
0:00 - 0:28 Component Channel (B&W, Rolling, Mono Audio)
0:37 - 1:13 S-Video Channel (B&W, Mono Audio)
1:24 - End Composite Channel (Blue Screen)[/CODE]

In either Hauppauge Capture or WinTV 8 (set to PAL or NTSC, it's a PAL tape but Hauppauge suggested I try NTSC just in case, same result).

I was wondering what I need from the Hauppauge store or Amazon to get it to work in colour and stereo audio? I was thinking maybe this but I don't know for sure:
hauppauge.co.uk/site/webstore/webstore_product.html?prod=12

Thanks for any help!
post #374 of 386 Old 06-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

This guy says plug the yellow into the blue. (not green)

post #375 of 386 Old 06-08-2015, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
Just curious. Does your STB with only HDMI output allow captures of anything including movies?
Doesn't matter if it allows it or not. You can use one of these to bypass HDCP encryption.

http://www.amazon.ca/ViewHD-HDMI-Spl.../dp/B004F9LVXC

I have one and am able to record from my STB and PS4/PS3 using HDMI.
post #376 of 386 Old 06-08-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
This guy says plug the yellow into the blue. (not green)
Thank you, I appreciate it.
That video looked promising but unfortunately when I plugged the Yellow into the Blue I got no picture or sound at all. I wonder if the Wii outputs a different video signal to my VCR?
Plugging it into Green gives me a picture and sound, but sadly in black and white with mono audio.
This video mentions plugging Yellow into Green for whatever reason:
youtu.be/_c3r8k_mMmc?t=109

If needs be, I'm prepared to buy a different cable than the one that came with the HDPVR2, just not sure which one.
post #377 of 386 Old 06-08-2015, 11:26 PM

Liked: 10
Does anyone have an archived copy of the linux driver? The file was ftp://ftp.hauppauge.com/Support/Test...r_src_ver5.tgz

thanks
post #378 of 386 Old 06-11-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLely View Post
The newer versions also have a Hauppauge E-AC3 decoder which should by capable of decoding Dolby Digital Plus (such as found in some Netflix streaming movies). However, all I get is noise and freeze-ups when I try to capture DD+. I've also used FFDShow as a decoding option in HC which I have configured to convert (on the fly) DTS or DD+ to AC3. I know that FFDshow works when configured this way because I've used it as an audio decoder when playing DTS movies on MPC-HC, and it indeed plays back as AC3. So, I don't understand why then, when selecting FFDShow or E-AC3 in HC as a decoder option, DD+ isn't recordable.
Sorry for quoting an old post, but I haven't seen anything else..

Is there a way, using Hauppauge Capture, or other software, with the 1512 to capture sources that use DD+ for greater than stereo audio?
post #379 of 386 Old 06-14-2015, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by JimLely 

The newer versions also have a Hauppauge E-AC3 decoder which should by capable of decoding Dolby Digital Plus (such as found in some Netflix streaming movies). However, all I get is noise and freeze-ups when I try to capture DD+. I've also used FFDShow as a decoding option in HC which I have configured to convert (on the fly) DTS or DD+ to AC3. I know that FFDshow works when configured this way because I've used it as an audio decoder when playing DTS movies on MPC-HC, and it indeed plays back as AC3. So, I don't understand why then, when selecting FFDShow or E-AC3 in HC as a decoder option, DD+ isn't recordable.

O,K,, so I got an answer from an expert and here it is:

Keep in mind there is [sic] two main things happening at the same time:
1) capture - where device encodes the audio/video streams, and the capture software delivers it to a ts stream, which the software writes to disk
2) playback - where the device stream is decoded for making audio and displaying pictures. This is where your decoders like ffdshow etc are used.

The live preview in the capture software is these two steps happening simultaneously.

So, your problem is occurring in #1, where the device doesn't understand DD+, so it's never delivered to capture software in the ts stream. Ultimately #2 (with your ffdshow decoder etc), never gets any DD+ because it was never delivered by the device.

It's also worth noting that #2, where you've chosen decoders, is only playback - the capture happened earlier in #1, so...whatever decoders you've chosen will have no effect whatsoever on the file that gets captured
Mark, you didn't read the "expert" response. There apparently is no way. However, I was able to successfully record DD+ files (from Dolby website) playing the files using VLC and capturing using Arcsoft Showbiz.

Last edited by JimLely; 06-14-2015 at 01:24 PM.
post #380 of 386 Old 06-15-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Mark, you didn't read the "expert" response. There apparently is no way. However, I was able to successfully record DD+ files (from Dolby website) playing the files using VLC and capturing using Arcsoft Showbiz.
But if the files were from Dolby's web site, they were on your PC already, right?
post #381 of 386 Old 06-15-2015, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
But if the files were from Dolby's web site, they were on your PC already, right?
Mark,

It was an experiment to determine whether the Hauppauge PVR 1512 could capture DD+ files; it wasn't an attempt to download the DD+ files from the website. Here's how it went:

Gateway PC playing DD+ files from website (using VLC media player) with HDMI out to HDMI in of PVR 1512. USB output of PVR to Sony PC. I first tried capturing using Hauppauge Capture but it failed. I tried a third-party capturing software and that failed. Lastly I tried Showbiz and I was successful. I played the newly captured DD+ files (ts files) and my Onkyo receiver lit up DD+ and verified using MediaInfo.

I also want to note that when capturing I was unsuccessful using the two other media players I had on my Gateway. Only VLC worked; why, I don't know.
post #382 of 386 Old 07-12-2015, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Since the PVR 2 originally shipped with Arcsoft showbiz and that seems to have very few problems, has anybody tried downloading Showbiz? Will it work with the PVR 2 or did Hauppauge have a specfic version of showbiz for the PVR 2?
post #383 of 386 Old 07-13-2015, 12:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfly502 View Post
Since the PVR 2 originally shipped with Arcsoft showbiz and that seems to have very few problems, has anybody tried downloading Showbiz? Will it work with the PVR 2 or did Hauppauge have a specfic version of showbiz for the PVR 2?
I use Showbiz 3.5 with my 1512. It allows for a lot more settings to be adjusted..
post #384 of 386 Old 07-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I use Showbiz 3.5 with my 1512. It allows for a lot more settings to be adjusted..
Like what? I use Hauppauge Capture.
post #385 of 386 Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Did Showbiz ship with your 1512 or did you download it separately?
post #386 of 386 Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Ok. I went back and compared the latest version of HC to Showbiz. (which I downloaded separately)
Not as much difference as I originally thought.
You're able to set a bit rate & a peak bit rate in settings & it shows you the incoming audio format..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page