HD PVR 2 1512 Owners Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #601 of 605 Old 09-08-2016, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
I have not tried using the MonoPrice switch (with optical audio out) in the family room with the cable box as an attempt to eliminate the echo. With work and some personal stuff right now, I don't know if I'll have time to disconnect the Monoprice box from up stairs, and try it in the family room.
Yeah, I can eliminate the echo by turning the TV volume down, but sometimes it seems severe enough where you can see a person's lips are out of synch with the audio, I want to minimize this on anything I record with the PVR2.

I may try a lower cost extractor to see if it has a shorter delay via optical. I think they screwed up on the X1 box, or decided it wasn't worth the effort to fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 605 Old 09-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
What? Nobody here? Do I have to spend seventy five bucks to find out if it works?
Try videohelp.com
post #603 of 605 Old 09-10-2016, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I get the delay on my AT&T U-Verse Cisco STB. However, the audio that gets RECORDED with the video by the HD PVR2 is in perfect sync. So I do what others do, mute the TV audio when I record. I think it's due to the HDMI spliter. Doesn't bother me because I don't sit there baby sitting the recorder. I only use it to get recorded video off the STB.
post #604 of 605 Old 09-10-2016, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
I get the delay on my AT&T U-Verse Cisco STB. However, the audio that gets RECORDED with the video by the HD PVR2 is in perfect sync. So I do what others do, mute the TV audio when I record. I think it's due to the HDMI spliter. Doesn't bother me because I don't sit there baby sitting the recorder. I only use it to get recorded video off the STB.
I had more time to evaluate my setup and I think the RECORDED audio and video are in sync, but, just in case, I would like to be able to have the 5.1 audio come over the HDMI. The priority of this just dropped a bit since it appears things are in sync. I'm looking for ideas about any devices that might make this work with my system.
post #605 of 605 Old 09-10-2016, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
I had more time to evaluate my setup and I think the RECORDED audio and video are in sync, but, just in case, I would like to be able to have the 5.1 audio come over the HDMI. The priority of this just dropped a bit since it appears things are in sync. I'm looking for ideas about any devices that might make this work with my system.
I do get 5.1 if I set the ATT STB audio out to digital then start happague capture. Ive noticed if you change audio source in the capture software once you started it you might have to restart or select the source for the audio device again for it to use it for recording.

I use a Kitze BG-520 1X2 HDMI splitter from splitter to TV then from STB to splitter input and from output2 to PVR. Works great when you remember to set the output to digital on the STB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers