HD PVR 2 1512 Owners Thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #631 of 632 Old Today, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 27
When I use my 1512 to capture from my DVR via HDMI there are occasional glitches in the video file. In contrast, I have never seen any of these issues when capturing from a streaming device via HDMI. Anybody care to enlighten me as to why?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 632 Old Today, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
When I use my 1512 to capture from my DVR via HDMI there are occasional glitches in the video file. In contrast, I have never seen any of these issues when capturing from a streaming device via HDMI. Anybody care to enlighten me as to why?
Thanks.
I don't have an answer as I have only used my 1512 with my DVR.
I sometimes capture "live" from the DVR while it is also recording the program. A few times I have noticed a glitch (what else can we call it?) while capturing. The 1512 indicator goes from blue to green then back to blue a couple seconds later. When I go back to the recording the DVR made, the glitch is not always there. In that case I can capture the affected area again and using VideoRedo, insert the good portion seamlessly into the file. It's more work, but I strive to have files without imperfections.
That didn't answer your question, but it shows how perplexing the glitches can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers