HD PVR 2 1512 Owners Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #661 of 665 Old 10-04-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecrest View Post
I was having a similar problem and Hauppauge tec support suggested this:

"With the capture application closed navigate to C:\Users\Public\Hauppauge Capture and delete the file config.xml then reopen the application and see if you now have video on the record tab."

My problem started with the program locking up when there was a glitch in the source stream (a VHS tape). Eventually, there would be no video on the record tab at all. The above suggestion fixed the problem.

Be sure and take note of any of any default settings you have changed so you can restore them.

Good luck,
-Bill
Hmm...and you were able to record without a problem during the glitches? Everything is ok now?

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 665 Old 10-04-2017, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC View Post
Hmm...and you were able to record without a problem during the glitches? Everything is ok now?
No, the program would lock up and have to be restarted after a glitch. After a few weeks, eventually the record tab would not work at all. The fix Hauppauge suggested got everything working again. Unfortunately they took so long to reply that I had already ordered a new unit. Now I have two of them.

One other thing I have found. I have a DirecTV Genie. If I play all the programs in a folder, the Hauppauge will record all of them without a problem. However, if I use the wireless Genie Mini, Hauppauge stops recording when the next program starts to play. Evidently the HDMI signal stops for a few seconds while the next program is started.

On Demand programs also record OK on both the main unit and the wireless mini.

-Bill
post #663 of 665 Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecrest View Post
No, the program would lock up and have to be restarted after a glitch. After a few weeks, eventually the record tab would not work at all. The fix Hauppauge suggested got everything working again. Unfortunately they took so long to reply that I had already ordered a new unit. Now I have two of them.

One other thing I have found. I have a DirecTV Genie. If I play all the programs in a folder, the Hauppauge will record all of them without a problem. However, if I use the wireless Genie Mini, Hauppauge stops recording when the next program starts to play. Evidently the HDMI signal stops for a few seconds while the next program is started.

On Demand programs also record OK on both the main unit and the wireless mini.
Ahhh ok. That's not my problem. It doesn't completely lock up like that. It just freezes every time it goes to commercial and the new sound format kicks in. I guess there's no way to record it, then

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge

post #664 of 665 Old 10-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC View Post
Ahhh ok. That's not my problem. It doesn't completely lock up like that. It just freezes every time it goes to commercial and the new sound format kicks in. I guess there's no way to record it, then
What do you mean the new sound format kicks in? AAC or 2.0?
I just captured a short test video from HBO (DTV box) that had commercials in 2.0.. It transitioned into the feature program smoothly. 5.1..

OnDemand type material might be an insertion of an Ad with a break in the stream that's causing your issues.. Does your 1212 have the same problem?
Analog capture might fix it..
post #665 of 665 Old 10-04-2017, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
What do you mean the new sound format kicks in? AAC or 2.0?
I just captured a short test video from HBO (DTV box) that had commercials in 2.0.. It transitioned into the feature program smoothly. 5.1..

OnDemand type material might be an insertion of an Ad with a break in the stream that's causing your issues.. Does your 1212 have the same problem?
Analog capture might fix it..
It must be a break in the stream but, in this case, it's not only a break in the stream but a definite change in sound channels. That's the only thing I can point to.

Unfortunately, I was trying to get the 5.1 from these episodes because they're all 2.0 on iTunes and Vudu. It looks like that won't be possible if I have to use the analog capture. I'll try it. I always keep the 1212 around because it can do ac-3 encoding and I like that it's a backup. We'll see. I assume it will have the same problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page