HD PVR 2 1512 Owners Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Are you both using the new Hauppauge Capturing Software? I've never seen the VRD error nor had the problems both of you are having. Someone else will have to help.
I use the Arcsoft capture app and whenever i have issues with the file I use VRD quick Stream fix.
Sorry I can't help.

You might want to try the guys over at this thread. A bunch of them know more than I do.... http://www.avsforum.com/t/1055232/hauppauge-hdpvr-1212-owners-thread/3750#post_23970035
SHS seems to know quite a bit about these devices. Maybe he can help..

If you do find a solution please post it here to help others in the future.

As a side note, I've heard good things about this app. Haven't tried it yet tho.. http://capture4me.com/
The release notes say: Fixed a couple of audio issues with Colossus/HDPVR/HDPVR2 devices
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 218
For the buffer issue, see this thread. It did fix that issue for me (last post): http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/archive/index.php/t-26893.html

For me, WinTV7 and the 1512 regularly record .ts files that report the wrong length. I will set WinTV to record several hour-long shows from the the same channel (using a cable box). The size of the resulting files are all pretty much the same. Most of the files will report a length of :59:55 give or take a couple of seconds. But some will report a length that's way off. 12 hours. Might say four minutes. In any case, those files won't edit in VideoReDo and many won't play properly.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #183 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
nikknight, thank you for your help
I always use Hauppauge Capture only, I'll try to test with Arcsoft and VideoReDo like you. The guys on the other page of the forum could help me with any error VideoReDo or Hauppauge Capture?

DrDon, You say you got the same error as me in VideoReDo, correct?
I did the same thing as indicated in the last post but no change to the error always come back at the same time encoding.
If the files not encoded correctly at the length I play down well ... what do you do in this case, you re-encode the second time until it is OK?
For me HDPVR2 correctly encode a movie about ten.
Are you able to encoded an HD movie from TV, tell me the program you used please.

Thanks
post #184 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 12:25 PM

I have experienced the same problem with the HD PVR 2 using HDMI input. When a "glitch" occurs in the cable TV transmission that causes the PVR 2 to lose sync with the signal, the resulting .ts file shows the wrong duration and VideoRedo does not want to edit it. I use TSDoctor, that seems to do the best job of fixing the file, but the area where the error occurred has some deleted frames. I haven't tried the latest version of TsMuxer, but TSReMux (free) also creates a "fixed" file that you can edit.
post #185 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

I've tried a few things to fix the file, the most successful of which was using the TRIM feature of VideoReDo, though that only works half of the time. I'll try Engineer99's ideas when I get time.

post #186 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post

I have experienced the same problem with the HD PVR 2 using HDMI input. When a "glitch" occurs in the cable TV transmission that causes the PVR 2 to lose sync with the signal, the resulting .ts file shows the wrong duration and VideoRedo does not want to edit it. I use TSDoctor, that seems to do the best job of fixing the file, but the area where the error occurred has some deleted frames. I haven't tried the latest version of TsMuxer, but TSReMux (free) also creates a "fixed" file that you can edit.

So the problem is indeed caused by the transmission HDPVR2.
None of the solutions mentioned here has a successful repair the TS file.
If I understand well the problem comes from HDPVR2 is that correct?
Ultimately the HDPVR2 is not operable to record HDTV (STB) of the normal manner but more randomly??
post #187 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

It's either the 1512 or the software. I have a 1212 doing the same thing but through WMC and it never misses a beat. The 1512 doesn't have Windows Media Center drivers forcing those of us who need it to record television to resort to using the clunky WinTV interface. But as I've said before, I think the target for this box is gamers, not timeshifters. Hence the lack of support for any other HTPC DVR software.

post #188 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeinc86 View Post

So the problem is indeed caused by the transmission HDPVR2.
None of the solutions mentioned here has a successful repair the TS file.
If I understand well the problem comes from HDPVR2 is that correct?
Ultimately the HDPVR2 is not operable to record HDTV (STB) of the normal manner but more randomly??

I do not know if you are experiencing the same problem, but that is the only problem I have experienced so far.
I have recorded many programs without any problems, but occasionally there is a signal problem that causes the PVR 2 to lose sync. I guess the PVR 2 does not deal with that so well. I'm not sure that it can be improved upon.

When I say "repair the file" I mean that TSDoctor can make corrections so that you can edit the file, but there will be missing video frames and audio where the problem occurred.

I am using HDMI for video and the SPDIF (optical) for 5.1 audio. These things were meant to record video games and we are being creative using them for HDTV, but they do work quite well when you have a reliable signal.
post #189 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:

I do not know if you are experiencing the same problem, but that is the only problem I have experienced so far.
I have recorded many programs without any problems, but occasionally there is a signal problem that causes the PVR 2 to lose sync. I guess the PVR 2 does not deal with that so well. I'm not sure that it can be improved upon.

When I say "repair the file" I mean that TSDoctor can make corrections so that you can edit the file, but there will be missing video frames and audio where the problem occurred.

I am using HDMI for video and the SPDIF (optical) for 5.1 audio. These things were meant to record video games and we are being creative using them for HDTV, but they do work quite well when you have a reliable signal.

Sometimes during recording of the blue light flashes once HDPVR2 quickly. He loses his syncronisation at that time.

When I am in 2ch audio, no problem recording is very good.

It's almost impossible for me to record a movie of 2h in Dolby 5.1 without problem. TS file is never done correctly.
post #190 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:

Sometimes during recording of the blue light flashes once HDPVR2 quickly. He loses his syncronisation at that time.

When I am in 2ch audio, no problem recording is very good.

It's almost impossible for me to record a movie of 2h in Dolby 5.1 without problem. TS file is never done correctly.

I wonder if increasing the bit rate would help? I've been using 9.5 MBS and haven't had any issues with 5.1 audio.

I use a WDTV (Western Digital media player) for playback on my plasma TV with 5.1 audio output from the WDTV to my audio receiver.
post #191 of 265 Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 42
+1 on the running time not showing / issues opening/using captured files.

I'm using HDMI in from a cable box, ArcSoft software, highest bitrate available, 5.1 AC3 pass through to .TS and I have this problem frequently. I have used VideoRedo QuickStream Fix to recover the files, but the problem with that is not knowing where the errors are. Will need to check out TSDoctor next time I see this.
post #192 of 265 Old 12-18-2013, 08:21 AM

Can the problem be identified by watching the source as you record it? Does the source appear perfect? I usually record the program on my cable DVR, then capture it with the PVR 2 when it is convenient for me to do so. If there is a sync problem, the video usually pixellates or drops out for a second. I think you would notice something if you viewed intently as you recorded with the PVR2.

If I use VideoRedo Quickstream fix on the .ts file, it will error and stop. The new file will end at the point where the problem was.
post #193 of 265 Old 12-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Hello all, I have a problem with my HDPVR 2.

The problem occurs because I record a movie of my STB.
Once completed movie recording with hdpvr2 on my computer. Running time displayed is not the reality.
For example, the movie has a duration of 1 hour 45 min.
The information you TS file can be 10 seconds, 12 minutes, 42 minutes. But it has yet been encoded in full even the size of the TS file confirms this.
If I listen to the whole movie without forward I see it in full, it has a problem encoding.

I noticed that the problem occurs when I encode in 5.1 audio (with HDMI cable or optical).
If I'm 2 audio channels it has to be looked ok but I'm still testing.

All my drivers are up to date.
I encodes 1280x720p i'm using Hauppauge Capture program.
Does someone can help me fix the problem because it makes my record can not read. See information below TS file yet I encoded 8Mbit per sec. Movie supposed to be 1 hour 45 min!!!

Try remuxing with tsremux. This has always solved the timing problems for me and it's free.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TsRemux
post #194 of 265 Old 12-19-2013, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

+1 on the running time not showing / issues opening/using captured files.

I'm using HDMI in from a cable box, ArcSoft software, highest bitrate available, 5.1 AC3 pass through to .TS and I have this problem frequently. I have used VideoRedo QuickStream Fix to recover the files, but the problem with that is not knowing where the errors are. Will need to check out TSDoctor next time I see this.

Hi, I have the same set up, I tried TSdoctor but problem still there. Any other solution???
Is it a problem from the HDPVR2
post #195 of 265 Old 12-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi, I have the same set up, I tried TSdoctor but problem still there. Any other solution???

Try TSremux (see above)
post #196 of 265 Old 12-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:

I have seen files that get corrupted at the very end and TSDoctor does not correctly fix them. There may be other parameters that can be adjusted in TSDoctor, but it was quicker to run TSRemux, which created a usable file.
post #197 of 265 Old 12-19-2013, 02:32 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I wonder if increasing the bit rate would help? I've been using 9.5 MBS and haven't had any issues with 5.1 audio.

I use a WDTV (Western Digital media player) for playback on my plasma TV with 5.1 audio output from the WDTV to my audio receiver.

Are you using HDMI or optical with component? I have mine set to 13.5 MBS for the bit rate, if you had zero issues with 9.5 MBS, maybe I will lower it.
post #198 of 265 Old 12-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcfarla View Post

Are you using HDMI or optical with component? I have mine set to 13.5 MBS for the bit rate, if you had zero issues with 9.5 MBS, maybe I will lower it.

I use HDMI for video, optical for audio.
I think the default bit rate was 8 MBS, I bumped it up to 9.5 and haven't seen any issues with a good cable signal.
I have Comcast with a Motorola DCH3416 box feeding a HDMI splitter (you know why), one to the TV, one to the PVR 2.
I never did play around with the bit rate, just to see what a low setting would do.
post #199 of 265 Old 12-19-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:

I use HDMI for video, optical for audio.
I think the default bit rate was 8 MBS, I bumped it up to 9.5 and haven't seen any issues with a good cable signal.
I have Comcast with a Motorola DCH3416 box feeding a HDMI splitter (you know why), one to the TV, one to the PVR 2.
I never did play around with the bit rate, just to see what a low setting would do.

I actually bought the application capture4me to see if it would fix my issues. It seems better but I am still getting .ts files that are not the correct time, but using the TSRemux app and it seemed to allow VideoRedo to edit the video file but I am sure the video file still has issues. I am using a Directv HD DVR to a HD PVR 2 1512 to rip the content , so I may try getting a HDMI splitter to strip off the HDCP to see if it fixes the issue. I know I spent about 7 hours trying to rip a show yesterday without really any luck at all. Thanks for the quick input.
post #200 of 265 Old 12-19-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:

I actually bought the application capture4me to see if it would fix my issues. It seems better but I am still getting .ts files that are not the correct time, but using the TSRemux app and it seemed to allow VideoRedo to edit the video file but I am sure the video file still has issues. I am using a Directv HD DVR to a HD PVR 2 1512 to rip the content , so I may try getting a HDMI splitter to strip off the HDCP to see if it fixes the issue. I know I spent about 7 hours trying to rip a show yesterday without really any luck at all. Thanks for the quick input.

You caught me at the right time, before I turn my computer off for the day.

I usually use the ArcSoft program to capture. I do not especially like it.
I have used the stand-alone Hauppauge Capture, and it works nicely most of the time. One time it started "stuttering" and I switched back to the ArcSoft program.
post #201 of 265 Old 12-22-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:

I do not not think it will solve your problem because the problem with the time I have and I use a stripper.
post #202 of 265 Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:

You caught me at the right time, before I turn my computer off for the day.

I usually use the ArcSoft program to capture. I do not especially like it.
I have used the stand-alone Hauppauge Capture, and it works nicely most of the time. One time it started "stuttering" and I switched back to the ArcSoft program.

I do the same thing I switch between the two programs. I'll try to increase my bitrade record to have if my problem will be resolved.
post #203 of 265 Old 12-24-2013, 08:58 AM

Hello, I tried to record a movie with bitrate 10 per second but the problem is still there. Is anyone here successful without a problem enreistrer a film of a STB with HDMI cable in dolby 5.1. I would like to know your set up so that I could succeed was to record a movie completely without problem.

Here is my problem:
post #204 of 265 Old 12-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hello, I tried to record a movie with bitrate 10 per second but the problem is still there. Is anyone here successful without a problem enreistrer a film of a STB with HDMI cable in dolby 5.1. I would like to know your set up so that I could succeed was to record a movie completely without problem.

Here is my problem:

STB out to HDMI splitter in
HDMI splitter out to PVR 2 in
PVR 2 USB to PC USB

Dolby 5.1 is coming in over HDMI
post #205 of 265 Old 12-25-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLely View Post

STB out to HDMI splitter in
HDMI splitter out to PVR 2 in
PVR 2 USB to PC USB

Dolby 5.1 is coming in over HDMI

Hi, Are you capable of recording your STB anytime without problem??
You never have problem of length video like me?
What program (application) do you use?
I'm using DVI & S/PDIF Digital Coax/Optical Toslink Audio to HDMI® Converter instead of a hdmi splitter like you.
post #206 of 265 Old 12-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi, Are you capable of recording your STB anytime without problem??
Yes
Quote:

You never have problem of length video like me?
Very infrequently and fixed with TsRemux
Quote:

What program (application) do you use?
ShowBiz

mod note: reformatted for clarity
post #207 of 265 Old 12-28-2013, 07:21 AM

I'm using DVI & S/PDIF Digital Coax/Optical Toslink Audio to HDMI® Converter instead of a hdmi splitter like you.

Do you believe that this device can cause my problem. Because I use the optical cable and maybe in conflict with the hd-pvr-2? With hdmi splitter would be ok?
Can you record and save to ts file with StreamEez?
post #208 of 265 Old 12-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Do you believe that this device can cause my problem. Because I use the optical cable and maybe in conflict with the hd-pvr-2? With hdmi splitter would be ok?
Can you record and save to ts file with StreamEez?

I don't know whether your converter is causing this problem. You can specify within ShowBiz that the source of the 5.1 audio is Toslink (optical) rather than HDMI, so you can hook up the Toslink directly to the PVR 2 and try it..

Does your STB only output DVI? I find it surprising that your STB doesn't output HDMI. Do you have component outputs on the STB? If so, try it with the Toslink hook-up.

The HDMI splitter is only an electronic splitter and plays no relevant role here.

I can (and do) record and save (using Showbiz) as .ts files (or mp4 or m2ts).
post #209 of 265 Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

I have a question about Hauppauge Capture settings. What are the best quality settings you can choose?

Is Variable better than constant? Normally it would be but it depends on whether the max bitrate is unlocked in variable or not.

Would increasing the H264 profile level or latency improve my quality at all?

I'm finding that at 720p the quality is great, but at 1080p during fast motion I'm getting significant compression artifacts. I have the bitrate set to max (14mbps) and variable. Haven't messed with H264 level or latency.
post #210 of 265 Old 01-11-2014, 05:18 PM

Hello everyone, I finally resolved my problem encoding. I install the HD PVR 2 on my desktop computer and the problem was resolved, I sometimes use TsRemux corrected for the problem of length (time) but all is well.

I downloaded a movie (man of steel) on torrent is a file mp4 1920x800 resolution 2mbps video, audio 2ch 96kbits, 2GB file size for about 2 hours of movie. I recorded the tv with HDPVR2 in 2mbps and I have a lot of pixels and the image is not beautiful at times. I need to register at least 5 or 6 to be ok. How is it possible to encode with only 2mbps and have a nice picture quality as the movie I downloaded?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page