Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 289 Old 04-20-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

I bought a HD PVR 2 GE Plus locally today. (they didn't have a 1512 in stock)

I tried connecting the output of my Dune HD Max to the HD PVR 2 and the loop through output to my LCD TV is green. Basically everything that is supposed to be black is green. You can still see a picture, but it's just green.

Even then I was not able to get 5.1 I only got 2 ch audio. In Capture, I did uncheck the "Disable HDMI AC3 support" item. Do I need to change any other settings to enable 5.1 over HDMI?

Then I tried hooking up a WDTV media player and the signal I got in Capture was all magenta. Just like the Dune, but instead of green, everything is magenta. I also could not get 5.1 audio.

For other devices like my cable box or blu-ray players, they had HDCP enabled and I don't have my splitter yet. It should be here next week.

Any ideas on why I can't get a clean signal into the HD PVR2 or on the loop out into my LCD TV?

Is there some resolution setting I need to set? I have both the WDTV and Dune set to output 1080p. Something else?

Thanks for your help.

OK, I received the HDMI splitter/stripper from Amazon (delivered by USPS on Easter Sunday, BTW...)

The splitter works and now I can see full 1080p video from my cable box. but I do not get any audio at all. I have Capture set with HDMI as the audio source.

I have the cable box set to output Dolby Digital.

Is there any other setting I need to get audio? I assume I should hear the audio live whether I am recording or not. I tried making a recording and the video on the recording was fine, but there was no audio.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 289 Old 04-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Darin, Are you using the latest driver 1.5.32007 ?
You can download it here: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr2.html.
Don't forget to power cycle the PVR while restarting the PC..

If that doesn't solve the issue try using Arcsoft showbiz as your capturing app.
I think somebody said it's included in the 'HD PVR 2 Installation CD' package on that link above.
If not, I downloaded my version here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22372545

I've only done a couple of captures with my 1512 but when I used Hauppauge Capture It didn't have ac3.
Using Showbiz did.. (after enabling support for it in settings)
post #243 of 289 Old 04-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Anyone having problems with the most recent versions of Capture (32069) freezing up during a recording?
post #244 of 289 Old 04-21-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

Darin, Are you using the latest driver 1.5.32007 ?
You can download it here: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr2.html.
Don't forget to power cycle the PVR while restarting the PC..

If that doesn't solve the issue try using Arcsoft showbiz as your capturing app.
I think somebody said it's included in the 'HD PVR 2 Installation CD' package on that link above.
If not, I downloaded my version here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22372545

I've only done a couple of captures with my 1512 but when I used Hauppauge Capture It didn't have ac3.
Using Showbiz did.. (after enabling support for it in settings)

Thanks for the tips.

I installed the latest driver. I tried Showbiz, but did not get any audio either. I can't even get 2 channel audio.

Maybe I will try a different computer.
post #245 of 289 Old 04-22-2014, 04:33 PM

Liked: 10

Hi, can anyone tell me if the 1212, 1504 or 1512 support the remote blaster commands to send to a Cisco Explorer 4742HDC STB?  Basically I just want to know if the built-in setup would be compatible with my STB, before I buy one, or if I should buy something like a USB-UIRT and run as an external application through NextPVR?

Thanks

Chris

post #246 of 289 Old 04-23-2014, 10:34 AM

New owner of the HD PVR 2 GE + here...

Setup is PC with W8.1 with Media Center add on, Ceton ETH 6 tuner with Verizon card, output of video card fed to a HDMI splitter, one output cable goes directly to my Onkyo receiver and on to my TV, the other output cable feeds the input to the Haup unit. ( Didn't wanna run pass through as I don't need the box on all the time )

Main purpose in life for this box is to archive a few movies that I can't save / edit without the magic of my splitter.. ;-)

Couple of things...

For the life of me I cannot get the Haup capture to work at all no matter the settings. It says it's recording .. but when I stop I get a very small file size that is unplayable.

Only way I can capture is through the included Arc Soft Showbiz. Which seems to be fine... except as others have referenced the overall time stamp of the movie length is incorrect. Test recording of a 10 minutes show up in seconds.

Will start messing with the files in Video Redo and see if I'm able to correct the times.

Anyway.. not really seeking advice here, but unless I missed something in reading this thread, most others have these same issues. Yes?

( yes, I'm using latest software from Haup site, and cycled power of the HD PVR during reboots )
post #247 of 289 Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danxmanly View Post

Setup is PC with W8.1 with Media Center add on, Ceton ETH 6 tuner with Verizon card, output of video card fed to a HDMI splitter, one output cable goes directly to my Onkyo receiver and on to my TV, the other output cable feeds the input to the Haup unit. ( Didn't wanna run pass through as I don't need the box on all the time )
Main purpose in life for this box is to archive a few movies that I can't save / edit without the magic of my splitter.. ;-)
Couple of things...
For the life of me I cannot get the Haup capture to work at all no matter the settings. It says it's recording .. but when I stop I get a very small file size that is unplayable.
Only way I can capture is through the included Arc Soft Showbiz. Which seems to be fine... except as others have referenced the overall time stamp of the movie length is incorrect. Test recording of a 10 minutes show up in seconds.
Will start messing with the files in Video Redo and see if I'm able to correct the times.
Anyway.. not really seeking advice here, but unless I missed something in reading this thread, most others have these same issues. Yes?
( yes, I'm using latest software from Haup site, and cycled power of the HD PVR during reboots )

Try remuxing your 10min file with TSmuxer 2.6.11
Before using TSmuxer a 120min file of mine reported as 59min in Windows Explorer.. Afterwards, The properties of the file were correct. VideoRedo could also edit...
I downloaded TSmuxer here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168539
DrDon likes this.
post #248 of 289 Old 04-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Couple of things...

Try using TsRemux which always works for me to fix timing issues. Like you, I am also having problems with the latest version of Capture. Showbiz works great, though.
post #249 of 289 Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:

Try remuxing your 10min file with TSmuxer 2.6.11
Before using TSmuxer a 120min file of mine reported as 59min in Windows Explorer.. Afterwards, The properties of the file were correct. VideoRedo could also edit...
I downloaded TSmuxer here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168539

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLely View Post

Try using TsRemux which always works for me to fix timing issues. Like you, I am also having problems with the latest version of Capture. Showbiz works great, though.

To those of you who remux with TSmuxer, do you experience any audio-video sync issues on longer HDMI AC3 recordings (1hour +)? This was a problem with initial HDPVR2 software drivers, as I explained 1 year ago here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1460986/hd-pvr-2-1512-owners-thread/30#post_23435730
post #250 of 289 Old 05-02-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:

Couple of things...

Hi.  I have an HD-PVR too.  This may or may not have something to do with your issue.  I sometimes get random dropouts.  The HD-PVR will just stop recording.  Generally only with recordings over two hours.

After thinking about the whole thing, I suspect that the computer's USB port supply voltage might have something to do with it.  One thing I have noticed is that the people with PCI-mounted HD-PVRs don't seem to have drop outs. 

Unrelated or not, I have had my external USB-HDDs spontaneously drop out when I am copying large files back and forth from the internal HDD.

I ruled out all the possibilities of my USB ports going into sleep mode, etc.

Then I looked it up and found out that transferring very large files can cause a higher than normal power draw from the USB ports.  This would be due to an increased duty cycle, and therefore a higher RMS load on the USB ports:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Portable-Drives/How-to-eliminate-potential-problems-on-USB-Powered-Drives-and/td-p/118262

So one of the problems I was having was solved by just recording to the internal HDD from the HD-PVR and eliminating the USB-HDD from the initial recording.  When the PVR is not active, I then transfer the movies to the external HDD.

The other thing is that I am just beginning to test out  is my running the external HDD through a powered hub with a 1 amp transformer of its own.  I am hoping that will clear up the issue with the USB-HDD dropping out due to low voltage.  I am still in the early testing stages with this, so it is too early to see an improvement.

Also any USB memory sticks will go into the powered hub, just in case they might be causing the computer's USB ports to drop, even if for a very short time.

So assuming this works out, my next test might be to try running the HD-PVR itself through a powered USB hub of its own on the way to the computer.  There might be a chance that any disruption to the computer's USB power source could be causing IT to drop out, in spite of the fact that it has a power supply of its own.

Just some unconfirmed suspicion and uninformed conjecture, for what it's worth.  :)

post #251 of 289 Old 05-08-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:

OK, I received the HDMI splitter/stripper from Amazon (delivered by USPS on Easter Sunday, BTW...)

The splitter works and now I can see full 1080p video from my cable box. but I do not get any audio at all. I have Capture set with HDMI as the audio source.

I have the cable box set to output Dolby Digital.

Is there any other setting I need to get audio? I assume I should hear the audio live whether I am recording or not. I tried making a recording and the video on the recording was fine, but there was no audio.

Thanks.

Hey darinf,

I have a similar setup to yours, except that I am recording from the HDMI out from a Roku3. I also use an HDMI splitter, and my Roku3 output is set to 1080p video and 5.1 sound.

I get the 1080p video without issues. When I set the audio source in Arcsoft Showbiz as HDMI, I don't get any sound. When I set audio to Line In (the only other audio source option), I get 5.1 sound (AC3). I only have one connection to the HDPVR2, and that is the HDMI cable coming from the splitter (which comes from the Roku3).

Do you have a Line in option for an audio source?

Interestingly, I've recorded a few movies this way (I always record in TS format), and they play without issues with VLC. However, I can't find any program, including VideoRedo and the Showbiz editor, that won't choke on the recordings and freeze up or error out when trying to edit them.

post #252 of 289 Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster79 View Post

Hey darinf,
I have a similar setup to yours, except that I am recording from the HDMI out from a Roku3. I also use an HDMI splitter, and my Roku3 output is set to 1080p video and 5.1 sound.
I get the 1080p video without issues. When I set the audio source in Arcsoft Showbiz as HDMI, I don't get any sound. When I set audio to Line In (the only other audio source option), I get 5.1 sound (AC3). I only have one connection to the HDPVR2, and that is the HDMI cable coming from the splitter (which comes from the Roku3).
Interestingly, I've recorded a few movies this way (I always record in TS format), and they play without issues with VLC. However, I can't find any program, including VideoRedo and the Showbiz editor, that won't choke on the recordings and freeze up or error out when trying to edit them.

You need to fix the errors in the file with tsremux, tsremuxer or tsdoctor before editing. When you load the file into VRD does it report the proper time? (a 2hour movie shows 2 hours?)
If not there are errors in the file.
post #253 of 289 Old 05-08-2014, 12:36 PM

I've only tried recording 2 movies so far, but in both cases the proper length of the recordings is not given by VRD. I think both recordings are about 1 hr and 45 minutes long- VRD reports one as about 2 minutes and the other about 3 minutes.

I've not tried TSReMuxer. I tried TSMuxer to see if it would fix the errors, but that didn't work. If I remember correctly, it didn't even recognize the streams.

So if these recorded files have errors causing this editing issue, what do you think is the most likely source of the errors, considering they play on VLC without any noticeable glitches (to my untrained eyes at least)?

The other peculiar thing I noticed is that when trying to edit them with VRD (before VRD ultimately freezes up), the timer goes from 29 seconds to 00 seconds (for example, if you are advancing the recording slowly second by second, in any given minute the next second after 29 seconds is 0 seconds of the subsequent minute- there are never seconds 30 through 59 in any given minute). Does that have something to do with recording a 60fps recording at 30 fps?

Thanks for any info or ideas.

post #254 of 289 Old 05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hey darinf,

I get the 1080p video without issues. When I set the audio source in Arcsoft Showbiz as HDMI, I don't get any sound. When I set audio to Line In (the only other audio source option),

There are actually 2 HDMI options in Showbiz: one is for 5.1 over HDMI and the other is for an optical 5.1 connection. You need to try both to differentiate between the two. Also, I don't understand how the Line In can work when there is no connection to Line In. One other observation is that if you are capturing Netflix, most of the audio is Dolby Digital Plus, not Dolby Digital. Showbiz doesn't seem compatible with DD+.
post #255 of 289 Old 05-08-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:

There are actually 2 HDMI options in Showbiz: one is for 5.1 over HDMI and the other is for an optical 5.1 connection. You need to try both to differentiate between the two. Also, I don't understand how the Line In can work when there is no connection to Line In. One other observation is that if you are capturing Netflix, most of the audio is Dolby Digital Plus, not Dolby Digital. Showbiz doesn't seem compatible with DD+.

That is what I am confused about. If I set the audio source to HDMI, I don't get any sound. But for some reason in Showbiz, there is also a "RCA Line In" audio source option, and when I choose this option, there is sound present, and Showbiz lists it as 5.1 (AC3). Recordings made in this way show up as 6 channels of audio when examined with MediaInfo. Odd, since I only have the HDMI input into the HDPVR2- I don't have anything else connected as an input. I was capturing HD movies from Amazon Prime. Haven't tried Netflix.

post #256 of 289 Old 05-08-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:

That is what I am confused about. If I set the audio source to HDMI, I don't get any sound. But for some reason in Showbiz, there is also a "RCA Line In" audio source option, and when I choose this option, there is sound present, and Showbiz lists it as 5.1 (AC3). Recordings made in this way show up as 6 channels of audio when examined with MediaInfo. Odd, since I only have the HDMI input into the HDPVR2- I don't have anything else connected as an input. I was capturing HD movies from Amazon Prime. Haven't tried Netflix.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try tonight. But that is really strange! I never thought to try selecting any connections that are not even connected like Line In or Optical In.
post #257 of 289 Old 05-08-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try tonight. But that is really strange! I never thought to try selecting any connections that are not even connected like Line In or Optical In.

I'm curious if you also find another audio source option listed, even though no other such connections are present.

As I said above, I've been able to watch my recordings (they seem OK to my amateur eyes), but not edit them. So even if you have another source option, it might produce error laiden recordings like mine, which so far I have not been able to edit.

I might try uninstalling and re-installing the latest HDPVR2 drivers and the Showbiz program and rebooting when I get a chance.

post #258 of 289 Old 05-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm curious if you also find another audio source option listed, even though no other such connections are present.

As I said above, I've been able to watch my recordings (they seem OK to my amateur eyes), but not edit them. So even if you have another source option, it might produce error laiden recordings like mine, which so far I have not been able to edit.

I might try uninstalling and re-installing the latest HDPVR2 drivers and the Showbiz program and rebooting when I get a chance.

As I said, there are 2 HDMI options in Showbiz: one is for 5.1 over HDMI and the other is for an optical 5.1 connection. If you selected the HDMI alternative which really is an optical audio connection you'll get NO sound.
Try both HDMI options.
post #259 of 289 Old 05-09-2014, 11:29 PM

I tried every input listed on both Showbiz and Hauppauge Capture. I only had HDMI connected. I got video, but could not get any audio at all.

Interestingly, the recordings I made had any computer audio output recorded, like system beeps, etc. But definitely no audio from the HDMI input of the 1512.

I tried selecting all the audio input options. None of them gave me any sound. Not even two channel.

The next step is to try a different source to see if it's an issue with my Cox cable box.
post #260 of 289 Old 05-15-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:

I tried every input listed on both Showbiz and Hauppauge Capture. I only had HDMI connected. I got video, but could not get any audio at all.

Interestingly, the recordings I made had any computer audio output recorded, like system beeps, etc. But definitely no audio from the HDMI input of the 1512.

I tried selecting all the audio input options. None of them gave me any sound. Not even two channel.

The next step is to try a different source to see if it's an issue with my Cox cable box.

Well, I tried installing my HDPVR 2 on a different computer with a relatively fresh install of Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. I used the latest installation package from the Hauppauge website. This time, there were 3 audio sources to choose from in Showbiz, two HDMI and one RCA line in. In any event, the first HDMI source will give me 5.1 audio. Again, I only had HDMI connected.

What format are you recoding in? I always record in TS format. Don't know if that would explain why you get no sound at all. I thought 5.1 sound would only be captured in TS format, and stereo in the other two format options. I did read another post where someone had to toggle the "disable AC3 over HDMI" checkbox a few times to get the sound to work (apparently rebooting between toggles).

Also, just curious- has there ever been any Hauppauge capture device installed on that computer before?

post #261 of 289 Old 05-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I heard something like you describe with the system beeps today while using the Haupp Capture app. It only did it for me when I started HC with the dvr on pause. When I resumed playback on the dvr the weird sounds quit but there was no audio..
I got the audio back by changing any of the settings... Like variable to constant bitrate. That forced HC to apply the new settings and the audio synced back up again..

I've been having issues with HC all day whenever I paused the source. With the 1212 I would always start a capture in pause to create a precise start point.
It seems that the 1512 can't capture that way. (audio issues while in pause)

Which version of HC are you using? The new 32133 or 32069? The new version has a hauppauge AC3 decoder built in. 32069 does not.
When using HC did you go into advanced settings/audio decoders ? Try selecting a different decoder if you're having issues.. With HC ver 32069 some decoders would work/other didn't.
The new version worked out of the box. http://www.hauppauge.com/capture/
post #262 of 289 Old 05-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Which version of HC are you using? The new 32133 or 32069? The new version has a hauppauge AC3 decoder built in. /

The newer versions also have a Hauppauge E-AC3 decoder which should by capable of decoding Dolby Digital Plus (such as found in some Netflix streaming movies). However, all I get is noise and freeze-ups when I try to capture DD+. I've also used FFDShow as a decoding option in HC which I have configured to convert (on the fly) DTS or DD+ to AC3. I know that FFDshow works when configured this way because I've used it as an audio decoder when playing DTS movies on MPC-HC, and it indeed plays back as AC3. So, I don't understand why then, when selecting FFDShow or E-AC3 in HC as a decoder option, DD+ isn't recordable.
post #263 of 289 Old 05-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The newer versions also have a Hauppauge E-AC3 decoder which should by capable of decoding Dolby Digital Plus (such as found in some Netflix streaming movies). However, all I get is noise and freeze-ups when I try to capture DD+. I've also used FFDShow as a decoding option in HC which I have configured to convert (on the fly) DTS or DD+ to AC3. I know that FFDshow works when configured this way because I've used it as an audio decoder when playing DTS movies on MPC-HC, and it indeed plays back as AC3. So, I don't understand why then, when selecting FFDShow or E-AC3 in HC as a decoder option, DD+ isn't recordable.

O,K,, so I got an answer from an expert and here it is:

Keep in mind there is two main things happening at the same time:
1) capture - where device encodes the audio/video streams, and the capture software delivers it to a ts stream, which the software writes to disk
2) playback - where the device stream is decoded for making audio and displaying pictures. This is where your decoders like ffdshow etc are used.

The live preview in the capture software is these two steps happening simultaneously.

So, your problem is occurring in #1, where the device doesn't understand DD+, so it's never delivered to capture software in the ts stream. Ultimately #2 (with your ffdshow decoder etc), never gets any DD+ because it was never delivered by the device.

It's also worth noting that #2, where you've chosen decoders, is only playback - the capture happened earlier in #1, so...whatever decoders you've chosen will have no effect whatsoever on the file that gets captured
post #264 of 289 Old 06-23-2014, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLely View Post
Anyone having problems with the most recent versions of Capture (32069) freezing up during a recording?
I know I'm a little late but.

I had the same problem. Tried Arcsoft same result. It could be a bad batch of cards or 1512 is just faulty. I don't ever recalling Game Edition having this many problems.

I returned mine and went with a different card. Hauppauge does have issues with HD-PVR line. I had original HD-PVR replaced five times.
post #265 of 289 Old 07-11-2014, 08:45 PM

I just replaced a Black Magic Intensity pci-e card with a Hauppauge 1512. So far I am having major regrets.

The only reasons I went with the Hauppauge was it claimed to capture 5.1 audio and would encode on the fly which eliminated a lengthy process which I hated doing with the BMI card.

I am capturing video from my DTV DVR for the most part using HDMI in/out along with SPDIF optical. It seems to capture OK but the picture lacks contrast and brightness compared to the source. It also has a much softer look.

The biggest problem I am having is I am a die hard XBMC user. I use XBMC on all my displays and devices. For some reason no matter what resolution, container, or bitrate I use playback is horrible on ALL of my XBMC devices except for the PC running windows 7 with XBMC running on it.

Anyone here use XBMC to view their captures?
post #266 of 289 Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Has anybody used a HDPVR2 power supply on a 1212? From the website the 1212 is rated 5v 2a and the 1512 is 6v 1.6a.. I have both boxes and need a new PWR for the 1212.

I Don't know enough about volts & amps to know.
TIA
post #267 of 289 Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just a heads up to new HD PVR 2 owners...

I just bought one Monday and received it today. I unboxed it and found and the AV connection is not a flat locking connector like seen online and in the manual. It still says model 1512 on the box but the actual unit's bottom sticker says 157321 LF Rev E1. This "new" HD PVR 2 has an 8-pin mini-din connector (round like the old S-VHS connectors). If you want to run S-video or compostie in to it, you need the new 6021252 cable. The nice thing is that the new cable has a connection for the component cable so you can leave everything connected. Here's a link...

"Bring video from a composite or S-Video source into your WinTV-HVR-2200 and 2250, HD PVR Rocket or new model HD PVR 2"
"For new model HD PVR 2's: models 157310, 157320 and 157321. Part number 6021252"
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/websto...le_hvr2250.asp

For reference, here's the cable needed for s-video and composite for the original HD PVR 2...

"Bring standard definition video into your Hauppauge HD PVR 2, StreameEez-Pro, USB-Live2 and Colossus"
"For HD PVR 2 models 145xxx and 1572xx. With secure locking connector. Part number 6021291"
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/websto...ble-svideo.asp

Just a side note too, I'm going to stick some rubber feet on the top of my HD PVR 2 and have it sit upside down. Only the bottom of the case is ventilated and there's a large heatsink on the main component. I'm not planning on using the button on the case to start recordings so it doesn't matter to me. I figure that it's cheap insurance against potential problems with overheating.

BP
post #268 of 289 Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtonPuncher View Post
Just a heads up to new HD PVR 2 owners...

I just bought one Monday and received it today. I unboxed it and found and the AV connection is not a flat locking connector like seen online and in the manual. It still says model 1512 on the box but the actual unit's bottom sticker says 157321 LF Rev E1. This "new" HD PVR 2 has an 8-pin mini-din connector (round like the old S-VHS connectors). If you want to run S-video or compostie in to it, you need the new 6021252 cable. The nice thing is that the new cable has a connection for the component cable so you can leave everything connected. Here's a link...

"Bring video from a composite or S-Video source into your WinTV-HVR-2200 and 2250, HD PVR Rocket or new model HD PVR 2"
"For new model HD PVR 2's: models 157310, 157320 and 157321. Part number 6021252"
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/websto...le_hvr2250.asp

For reference, here's the cable needed for s-video and composite for the original HD PVR 2...

"Bring standard definition video into your Hauppauge HD PVR 2, StreameEez-Pro, USB-Live2 and Colossus"
"For HD PVR 2 models 145xxx and 1572xx. With secure locking connector. Part number 6021291"
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/websto...ble-svideo.asp

Just a side note too, I'm going to stick some rubber feet on the top of my HD PVR 2 and have it sit upside down. Only the bottom of the case is ventilated and there's a large heatsink on the main component. I'm not planning on using the button on the case to start recordings so it doesn't matter to me. I figure that it's cheap insurance against potential problems with overheating.

BP
Interesting. It sounds like there were some hardware changes. I wonder if this revised model handles some of the audio bugs better than the last version.
post #269 of 289 Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
Has anybody used a HDPVR2 power supply on a 1212? From the website the 1212 is rated 5v 2a and the 1512 is 6v 1.6a.. I have both boxes and need a new PWR for the 1212.

I Don't know enough about volts & amps to know.
TIA
I wouldn't do it. 6V is 20% more than 5V so I doubt the engineers designed it for that. I'd just get another 5V power supply. You need to measure the plug on your 1212 but one of these should work...

2.1x5.5
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...001_1940740_-1

2.5x5.5
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...001_2138741_-1

One has a 2.1x5.5mm plug and the other has a 2.5x5.5mm plug. So the outside diameter on both is the same but the center pin is wider on one.

I've checked and the plug on my new 1512 with the 6V 1.6A power supply is 2.5x5.5. But measure your 1212 anyway.

You can use the base of a drill bit to get a good approximation. 2.1 mm is between 1/16" and 5/64". 2.5mm is almost exactly 3/32".

Or you could just order it off of Hauppauge's website...

HD PVR 5V 2A power supply
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/websto...wer-supply.asp

HD PVR 2 6V 1.6A power supply
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/websto...pvr2_power.asp

BP

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 08-20-2014 at 10:13 AM.
post #270 of 289 Old 08-20-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_attorney View Post
Interesting. It sounds like there were some hardware changes. I wonder if this revised model handles some of the audio bugs better than the last version.
We'll soon find out. I'll be recording about 260 hours worth or programming over the next week and a half. That will be a good stress test for my new toy.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page