Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Why would you need a PC at each TV? Currently this can be accomplished with an extender for CableTV content and a streamer for everything else. I have a 3 y.o. Patriot Box Office that streams Blu-ray rips with HD Audio. It cost me $60, so the number is more likely $200 per TV depending on what extender you get.

How else are you going to get your media to those TVs through a consistent interface with your TV content.

What is so hard about changing the input on your TV or AVR? This is seamless with the right remote.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 03-29-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 151
What's so hard about understanding that for some people having a consistent, integrated experience (in their HTs) is more important than saving money or having an "elegant" hardware config (which no one ever sees or touches).

Oh, I forgot, WMC is the only DVR allowed to be discussed on this forum these days, and you have to use cable with a cablecard to get your pay TV or you're pissing money away like an idiot, because cablecard is the greatest thing ever, better than having a better selection of HD channels (Satellite) or a more integrated user experience with no DRM.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
post #33 of 36 Old 03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16

When you change the input on your TV or AVR, you are switching to completely different graphics, features, menus, color themes, settings, display calibrations, etc.  So, instead of having a pile of STBs that aren't related to each other... such as WMC+cablecard tuners (without copy restrictions) + Slingbox + XMBC + Airplay, etc... you can have one powerful seamless multi-client system to take the place of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

What is so hard about changing the input on your TV or AVR? This is seamless with the right remote.

Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post

How else are you going to get your media to those TVs through a consistent interface with your TV

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #34 of 36 Old 03-29-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Point taken. Your way is every bit as good. I actually wish that Sage was not bought by Google. I was on the verge of going down that path when it happened, hoping that they would have a way to deal with copy-protected content. I mean I was researching it at that time and one day I went to their site to read up a little more before pulling the trigger and I got the famous Google bought us screen that is still there today..

post #35 of 36 Old 10-28-2013, 03:55 PM
skf

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SageTV XBMC plugin - Kickstarter

Please contribute to our efforts to raise enough money to have a XBMC plugin built for SageTV:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/380901157/xbmc-sagetv-pvr-plugin
post #36 of 36 Old 10-29-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Sounds like a nice idea!  At least for those that dont have real sageTV extenders already setup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skf View Post

SageTV XBMC plugin - Kickstarter

Please contribute to our efforts to raise enough money to have a XBMC plugin built for SageTV:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/380901157/xbmc-sagetv-pvr-plugin

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page