MPC-HC Guru Needed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2013, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
dpn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm trying Media Player Classic Home Cinema as an external player in Media Browser running in WMC. So far all is good but ONE thing.

When I press the STOP button in Media Player Classic the video does stop, but to get BACK to Media Browser I have to CLOSE the Media Player Classic, and THEN I go back to MB.

I tried using VLC as an external player earlier today, and when I stopped the movie it closed VLC and took me back to Media Browser.

Can I configure MPC-HC to close itself upon pressing the STOP button in the program?

Thanks,

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 190
There's a setting in MPC-HC that has it close the window on stop which well then revert to MB.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1392459/stoping-mpc-hc

Old 03-26-2013, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
dpn

Awesome, Sammy2!

I see I am following in your footsteps!

Thanks,

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

There's a setting in MPC-HC that has it close the window on stop which well then revert to MB.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1392459/stoping-mpc-hc
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

By about a year, yes. Good thing too because I'm about to re-create my system in Win7x64 and I'll be needing that link soon as it was long forgotten. I'm going to have to recreate a lot of things I've done over the past year or two now.. Ugh!

Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter
dpn

ARG!

What am I doing wrong?
I open Media Player Classic HC as administrator.

Click View, Options, Keys.

Choose EXIT as key, and tried every choice with STOP in it under APP COMMAND, and no matter what I do when I press the STOP button at the bottom of the screen it does STOP, but it doesn't EXIT WMP-HC back to Media Browser. I do hit apply first.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

David
Quote:

By about a year, yes. Good thing too because I'm about to re-create my system in Win7x64 and I'll be needing that link soon as it was long forgotten. I'm going to have to recreate a lot of things I've done over the past year or two now.. Ugh!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
There is an option in the media browser configurator to automatically configure MPC-HC settings. Go into the MB Configurator, select advanced and then the external players tab. Select MPC-HC from the list of players and then click edit. There will be an option labelled Configure my player at the bottom left of the edit window. Click on that and then select yes when prompted. Close out of the MB configurator and then go back into MB and see whether MPC-HC will now play nice.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpn View Post

ARG!

What am I doing wrong?

Choose EXIT as key, and tried every choice with STOP in it under APP COMMAND, and no matter what I do when I press the STOP button at the bottom of the screen it does STOP, but it doesn't EXIT WMP-HC back to Media Browser. I do hit apply first.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

David

Have you tried disabling the APPCOMMAND for the STOP command itself (about three below EXIT)? From the APPCOMMAND dropdown list, there's an empty space right at the very top (it's not immediately obvious at first sight) - select that, and no APPCOMMAND will be assigned to the STOP command (if that makes sense).

What works for me (in XBMC) is:

(Exit command) - (Key = Alt+X) - (App Command = MEDIA_STOP)

(Stop command) - (Key = . ) - (App Command = empty)
Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumtrinket View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpn View Post

ARG!

What am I doing wrong?

What am I missing?

Thanks,

David

Have you tried disabling the APPCOMMAND for the STOP command itself (about three below EXIT)? From the APPCOMMAND dropdown list, there's an empty space right at the very top (it's not immediately obvious at first sight) - select that, and no APPCOMMAND will be assigned to the STOP command (if that makes sense).

What works for me (in XBMC) is:

(Exit command) - (Key = Alt+X) - (App Command = MEDIA_STOP)

(Stop command) - (Key = . ) - (App Command = empty)

This is how mine is set up. Both the exit and stop commands in MPC-HC > Options > Keys are set like this I have indicated the important one in blue.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter
dpn

Thanks! That worked!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesawi View Post

There is an option in the media browser configurator to automatically configure MPC-HC settings. Go into the MB Configurator, select advanced and then the external players tab. Select MPC-HC from the list of players and then click edit. There will be an option labelled Configure my player at the bottom left of the edit window. Click on that and then select yes when prompted. Close out of the MB configurator and then go back into MB and see whether MPC-HC will now play nice.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
dpn

Thanks guys!

I appreciate the help!!!

David
Quote:

This is how mine is set up. Both the exit and stop commands in MPC-HC > Options > Keys are set like this I have indicated the important one in blue.