Having a problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey
I"m honestly not sure if this is the right forum for this and I'm not really sure how to google this problem, it's hard to explain. Also I can't post in MB forum because I never get an activation email.

I've been backing up my music dvd's to a TS folder, this option works best for us to have all menus etc. Playback is smooth, audio is fantastic. But when scrolling in the dvd menu, selecting chapters or audio its very jumpy, almost as maybe it skips frames it reminds me of being in a dark room with a strobe light. Anyone have a clue what this might be? or if there are others that use MB and Ts folders, do you have issues with menus?

I'm using winxdvd platinum.

thanks
Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16

You may get someone to help... it's probably not me, though.  You say music DVDs and I think of concert DVDs which clearly isn't your point.  You also mention MB which I'll suspect is Media Browser?

Maybe I'm too much in the TV & movies region to help, not to mention I don't know what winxdvd platinum is, either. 

post #3 of 5 Old 03-30-2013, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Live concert DVD and yes it's media browser
post #4 of 5 Old 03-30-2013, 04:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 357
What's your DVD player? I think winxdvd platinum is a ripper?
post #5 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16

OK, so if it's regular DVD (720x480) it could be in the player, or your rip.  You should be able to play the DVD and see if it's in the player -- What's your OS, do you have WMC?  Personally I use MediaPortal and the (Win 7) MSDTVvideo codec for DVD decoding although MP does install the LAV filters as well.  You've got to differentiate between the player issue and rip issue.  I think many folks use DVDFab or some version of it to create their TS folder.  I do and then create a .iso using DVD Shrink.  Or I bypass the .iso in favor of using Handbrake to create a .264 mkv file... sure, you lose the menu and special DVD stuff, but it's 1.2 GB not 7 GB.  Still, your call. 

MP has a skin caled StreamedMP that brings in the My Movies plug-in which will scan your HDD and database the goodies from imdb to make a very nice library for you to browse - I have never looked at MB, though.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page