*Official* PowerDVD 13 Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 72 Old 01-13-2014, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

In previous versions of PowerDVD you could customize the screen capture options. I can not find this in version 13. The default capture size is 640x480. I'd like a little bit bigger picture if possible.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 Old 02-04-2014, 11:03 PM

Liked: 17
Been trying to get PowerDVD13 to work for 3D ISO rips ONLY with XBMC. So frustrated and ready to give up. The issue I have now is getting PDVD to use the entire width of my 65" screen when in 3D mode. When playing the ISO in 2D it uses the entire width but in 3D the image is horizontally compressed wasting space on both the left and right side of the screen. This is a PDVD issue as it does the same thing no matter if set to full-screen or if it's running in a smaller window. There doesn't appear to be any setting in PDVD to address this issue, so what is going on?
post #63 of 72 Old 02-05-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batiatus Rules View Post

Been trying to get PowerDVD13 to work for 3D ISO rips ONLY with XBMC. So frustrated and ready to give up. The issue I have now is getting PDVD to use the entire width of my 65" screen when in 3D mode. When playing the ISO in 2D it uses the entire width but in 3D the image is horizontally compressed wasting space on both the left and right side of the screen. This is a PDVD issue as it does the same thing no matter if set to full-screen or if it's running in a smaller window. There doesn't appear to be any setting in PDVD to address this issue, so what is going on?

You've messed with the 3D settings? Manually setting the 3D type?

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #64 of 72 Old 02-16-2014, 01:49 PM

Hell everyone,

I just bought PowerDVD 13 Ultra without putting much thought in it, based mainly on the software's recognition and since I needed a BR playback software. But now, I'm stuck with 2 serious problems that you may be able to help me solve. I have a Streacom-based HTPC (i5-4670t, 8GB, W7 Ultimate, ASRock H87E-ITX) that I use with a stereo system (built around a Marantz PM-6005) and with a Logitech Harmony Smart Control remote. I just started to set it up, so I'm not yet committed to one type of HTPC software but having the intention of using a TV tuner card and watching DVDs and BR, I am pretty much sold on WMC.

1. I cannot get the remote to work properly with PowerDVD while it works well in Windows Media Center. To be more precise, I can do almost anything except using the Play, Pause, Fastforward, Rewing, Next/Prev Chapter functions. Does anyone encounter this problem? I tried with a Hauppauge WMC remote and with the Harmony remote (configured as "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE", "Cyberlink PowerDVD" and "Microsoft Windows Media Center")... with no results. Finally, I don't want to use the remote control app.

2. I am yet to find how to output PCM sound through the optical output. I see it can be done easily through HDMI though. I don't want to bitstream 5.1 sound to the amplifier since it is only a stereo amplifier. But I want to use the optical output to avoid the mediocre analog output.

I am confident I'm not the only one stuck with these problems ;-) I hope someone can find the miraculous solutions cool.gif

Sincerely,

Antoine
post #65 of 72 Old 03-12-2014, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoFlying View Post

Hell everyone,

I just bought PowerDVD 13 Ultra without putting much thought in it, based mainly on the software's recognition and since I needed a BR playback software. But now, I'm stuck with 2 serious problems that you may be able to help me solve. I have a Streacom-based HTPC (i5-4670t, 8GB, W7 Ultimate, ASRock H87E-ITX) that I use with a stereo system (built around a Marantz PM-6005) and with a Logitech Harmony Smart Control remote. I just started to set it up, so I'm not yet committed to one type of HTPC software but having the intention of using a TV tuner card and watching DVDs and BR, I am pretty much sold on WMC.

1. I cannot get the remote to work properly with PowerDVD while it works well in Windows Media Center. To be more precise, I can do almost anything except using the Play, Pause, Fastforward, Rewing, Next/Prev Chapter functions. Does anyone encounter this problem? I tried with a Hauppauge WMC remote and with the Harmony remote (configured as "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE", "Cyberlink PowerDVD" and "Microsoft Windows Media Center")... with no results. Finally, I don't want to use the remote control app.

2. I am yet to find how to output PCM sound through the optical output. I see it can be done easily through HDMI though. I don't want to bitstream 5.1 sound to the amplifier since it is only a stereo amplifier. But I want to use the optical output to avoid the mediocre analog output.

I am confident I'm not the only one stuck with these problems ;-) I hope someone can find the miraculous solutions cool.gif

Sincerely,

Antoine

Regarding #2, I don't think optical can handle 5.1 PCM audio. They can handle PCM stereo only. You can read more in the below link.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1487411/optical-audio-out-multi-channel-pcm-hdtv#post_23661417

XBR55HX929 / AVR X4000
PS3 Slim / BDP-S6200
Roku 3 / WD TV Live /Chromecast
DT PM1000 / PC2000
DVP5000
post #66 of 72 Old 03-16-2014, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Is there a fix for the player reducing screen resolution to 720p? My TV is 1080p/60hz but the player keeps reducing BD movies to 720p.

Theater set-up:  

AVR:  Pioneer VSX-820

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

Sub:  PSA-XV15

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

OTA antenna:  Winegard HD7698P

HDTV:  Sharp LC-60SQ15U

post #67 of 72 Old 04-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

I noticed that some of the edges on cartoon characters are not "smooth" during BD playback on PowerDVD 13 ultra.  I particularly noticed this during Thomas' Misty Island Rescue Blu Disc.  Some of the edges seemed rough or jadded... almost like having anti-aliasing off during gameplay on a PC video game.  

Any advice would be appreciated.

Theater set-up:  

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

post #68 of 72 Old 05-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Does PowerDVD do any sort of frame rate matching for MKV movies?

Theater set-up:  

post #69 of 72 Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
Is there a fix for the player reducing screen resolution to 720p? My TV is 1080p/60hz but the player keeps reducing BD movies to 720p.
Mine did the same thing. I updated my video card drivers to the latest version and it fixed it. AMD Radeon HD 6450.
post #70 of 72 Old 06-24-2014, 10:57 PM

Liked: 0
I am using the Benq w1080st (the short throw cousin of the Benq w1070) projector with my macbook retina pro running windows 8.1. The laptop has passed the hardware requirement test from Cyberlink. I'm using PowerDVD ultra 14. The projector works at 144 Hz, and I am using active shutter glasses that work at 144Hz as well. I've been able to view native 3d blu-rays with no issues whatsoever and the image is fantastic. However the 3D conversion feature on PowerDVD 14 is one that I'd really like to use for 2d blu rays and rips thereof, but it doesn't seem to work. When I press the 3d button, I go get the slightly displaced overlay of two images, that is supposed to create a 3d image, but when I view using my glasses the images still flat. There is no 3d effect whatsoever. What could I be doing wrong? Any input much appreciated.
post #71 of 72 Old 08-25-2014, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Wow this thread is pretty dead it seems... I remember back with like PDVD 7 and TMT 3, those threads would go on for endless pages. Now they're a few pages at most and have tumbleweeds rolling by LOL.

Anyway, I suddenly started encountering a new issue with PDVD 13...

Seems whenever I FFW or RWD in a movie, the channel mapping becomes messed up all of a sudden This doesn't seem to happen with chapter skip or with pause but definitely does with FFW or RWD in a BD movie playing a multi-channel soundtrack, decoded to LPCM over HDMI.

What happens specifically is the centre channel becomes mapped to the left rear whenever you start playback again. The only things I've found that can correct the channel mapping are:

1. Stopping playback and restarting (PDVD does not need to be restarted)
2. Switching to a different soundtrack on the disc and then switching back.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? It used to work fine so I'm at a total loss as to why this started happening all of a sudden.
post #72 of 72 Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post
Wow this thread is pretty dead it seems... I remember back with like PDVD 7 and TMT 3, those threads would go on for endless pages. Now they're a few pages at most and have tumbleweeds rolling by LOL.

Anyway, I suddenly started encountering a new issue with PDVD 13...

Seems whenever I FFW or RWD in a movie, the channel mapping becomes messed up all of a sudden This doesn't seem to happen with chapter skip or with pause but definitely does with FFW or RWD in a BD movie playing a multi-channel soundtrack, decoded to LPCM over HDMI.

What happens specifically is the centre channel becomes mapped to the left rear whenever you start playback again. The only things I've found that can correct the channel mapping are:

1. Stopping playback and restarting (PDVD does not need to be restarted)
2. Switching to a different soundtrack on the disc and then switching back.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? It used to work fine so I'm at a total loss as to why this started happening all of a sudden.
I dont have exact issue.. But if I rewind or fast foward recorded TV the image freezes and sound keeps going. Also audio surround sides seem to be maped to rears.
I do have a ticket in with Cyberlink for other issues, unable to watch Stevie Wonder BD and frame drop in interlaced dvd playback.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Powerdvd 13 Deluxe Download

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page