Help for an Audio Idiot? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Over the weekend I tried to deal with low sound output through my headphones (analog) when playing MKV files. Did some adjusting in Realtek as per some info on AVS and was successful, BUT, now I seem to be getting only stereo, no Dolby Digital, through the SPDIF output from my TV and Recorded TV signals, though I did see DTS from an MKV movie file I played last night. I am Win7, WMC, Realtek ALC 892, LAV installed, Asrock H67M Board. Anyone got an idea where I muffed up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Last night I looked at and changed some settings (and boy, there are a lot all over the place!) and found that instead of seeing the SPDIF out in the Realtek Audio Manager, I see a Digital out in its place. I have no idea how that happened. I am now actualy getting the sound of popping corn when switched to that and no sound. This despite the fact the the toslink cable is connected and tight both at the PC and at the AVR. Anyone know how one can get the SPDIF back into the Realtek, because I am sure this is at the root of the problem. Analog out is fine and so is the real Digital out (HDMI connection) direct to the TV, which I do not normally use, but I need to get that SPDIF back up.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well with some adjustment to the LAV filter and in the Realtek settings I am outputting DD from the TV tuner. Still getting popping sounds only from Internet and the DVD player, so I guess I have more work to do. No audio gurus among you????
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page