That's just using a PC card to capture some aspect of the analog output of an entire DAC device. Chip testing is done by the Engineering manuf or OEM using reference boards and analysis hdwr and software. The tests encompass much more than just simple SNR.
There are several aspects of DAC chips and their implementation in DAC devices that result in audibly different analog output.
- Reconstruction filter slopes
- Oversampling rates, no-oversampling (NOS)
- Off-chip Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) e.g., Upsampling
- Amp stage implementation (OpAmp, discrete)
- Overall circuit design
- DAC architecture i.e., all-PCM vs. Sigma-Delta designs
So, all DAC chips and DAC devices measure and sound the same?