Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
as the topic title specifies....

Please choose the brand in the poll, then post the model in here.

I am using a Logitech G700 and a Microsoft ComfotCurve 3000 on my workstation and a wireless HP mouse+KB combo on the HTPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Logitech K400. Love it.
post #3 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
K400

But It would be nice to have a keyboard that is illuminated for under $50 bucks.
post #4 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 1016
I use a razer keyboard and mouse on my desktop. With razer mouse pad. Total cost $250. That's about a cheap HTPC.

I've spent thousands on keyboards and mice in the last decade and I can't find anything else that has the speed and controll.

I use a razor mouse and pad in my office, and a cherry mx switch Rosewill keyboard. It's types pretty nice smile.gif

My mouse is so sensitive others can't use it. Years of gaming has toned my talent.

I blows my mind when I see somone move their mouse halfway across the desk to go from one corner to the other... Lol

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #5 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 06:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

To anyone reading:

If you've never experienced a quality keyboard like a cherry mx switch model, or a quality mouse like a Razer.... They will bring you into a whole new territory of computing.

I bet I have thousands of hours if my life free up because of the speed and efficiency.

How much is your time worth ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #6 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

I blows my mind when I see somone move their mouse halfway across the desk to go from one corner to the other... Lol

My Logitech G700 has adjustable DPI levels and has a G key mapped to that and I love that. LGS is very nice software.
post #7 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
I use a Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Blue switches.

Mfusick, sorry but Razer probably makes the worst built keyboards in the whole market.
post #8 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 259
K-400, K-260, and a Rosewill full size (all wireless). The $16 RoseWill feels the 'most solid'.
post #9 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post

I use a Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Blue switches.

Mfusick, sorry but Razer probably makes the worst built keyboards in the whole market.

They are not the best all around for sure but I'm not sure I share your negativity.

As current owner of a cherry, a Logitech g19 and a razer its evident the razer is a Pure gamer keyboard.

It does not type as well as a cherry but its got faster response, backlit keys, USB LED top light , Full speed USB ports, headphone and mic inputs, and on the fly macro...

If I was playing a team based game that requires quick speed I'd choose it everytime.

-

post #10 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

They probably just don't know how to change the "acceleration" setting in Windows. I am pretty sure it has been there since Win 95.

I use no keyboard nor mice for the HTPC, it is controlled with a Logitech remote programmed as Windows MEdia center remote. Volume/mute through AVR. "Watch TV" button powers TV and AVR and sets them to correct inputs.

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #11 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Logitech K400
post #12 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 12:06 PM

Liked: 10
Lenovo N5902
post #13 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 58
For HTPC I use a Logitech K400. Hard to beat it for the cost. Thinking about getting a FAVI or something similar.

I use a Das with Blues and some off brand wireless mouse for my typing/work at home, Filco Ninja TKL with Browns and a CM Storm Xornet at work, Filco Ninja TKL with Reds and a CM Storm Spawn at home for my photo editing / gaming PC. Nothing beats a Filco if you like Cherry switches. I thought my Das was nice until I picked up a few Filcos. Now the Das feels like a cheap toy.

Running Windows Home Server 2011 Evil Abandoned Edition
post #14 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 260
My "HTPC" is also used for gaming, browsing, work etc. rather than only media functions, so I have a wired keyboard & mouse setup.

I use a Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 Type S, because I like Topre keyswitches better than anything else. Since switching to it after trying scissor-switch keyboards (Logitech) and a few Cherry MX keyboards, the pain in my fingers from typing all day has disappeared.
I use a Razer Deathadder 2013 for similar reasons - nothing fits my hand better, and the force of the switches is just right. With other mice - particularly logitech - the force is too high and I have pain in my index finger at the end of the day.

I keep a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse hooked up too, because not being tethered is sometimes useful, and it will track on just about anything - but I do notice a slight lag from it being wireless (never found a wireless mouse I didn't notice at least a frame of lag with) and every time it is "active" I hear a high-pitched whine coming from it. (no-one else seems to hear this - but I have this problem with a lot of electronics) I've had both revisions of this mouse, and the newer one is better. The scroll wheel is awful though, just like any dual-mode wheel from Logitech, or a tilt-able wheel from anyone. I would prefer it if it was ambidextrous rather than a right-handed mouse too. Still, I haven't found a better mobile mouse. (the Razer Orochi seems better on paper, but I don't like it for a number of reasons) While it may not have the "convenience" of Bluetooth and requires a dongle, I've never found bluetooth to be reliable, so that's actually a good thing in my opinion.
post #15 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They are not the best all around for sure but I'm not sure I share your negativity.

As current owner of a cherry, a Logitech g19 and a razer its evident the razer is a Pure gamer keyboard.

It does not type as well as a cherry but its got faster response, backlit keys, USB LED top light , Full speed USB ports, headphone and mic inputs, and on the fly macro...

If I was playing a team based game that requires quick speed I'd choose it everytime.

Faster response does not matter when it comes to keyboards.

There are a lot of "pure gaming" alternatives to Razer boards that are miles better than them and have the same features as you mentioned, if not more.
post #16 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itznfb View Post

For HTPC I use a Logitech K400. Hard to beat it for the cost. Thinking about getting a FAVI or something similar.

I use a Das with Blues and some off brand wireless mouse for my typing/work at home, Filco Ninja TKL with Browns and a CM Storm Xornet at work, Filco Ninja TKL with Reds and a CM Storm Spawn at home for my photo editing / gaming PC. Nothing beats a Filco if you like Cherry switches. I thought my Das was nice until I picked up a few Filcos. Now the Das feels like a cheap toy.

Ducky keyboards are up there with Filcos.

Das used to be one of my favorite keyboard brands but when they switched to iOne as their OEM, their quality suffered. They are still one of the better made iOne keyboards though.
post #17 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Home/Work: Kinesis Advantage keyboard (the best ergonomic keyboard out there) and a Logitech Performance MX mouse

HTPC: Logitech DiNovo Edge although it's not used very much. That's what the remote's for.
post #18 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ducky keyboards are up there with Filcos.

Das used to be one of my favorite keyboard brands but when they switched to iOne as their OEM, their quality suffered. They are still one of the better made iOne keyboards though.

I tried to get a Ducky prior to picking up my Das a while ago. Couldn't find one with the features that I wanted. I'm a non-backlit guy and all the Ducky boards I could find with Blues were backlit or TKL. Since I wanted a typing board I wanted full size so I went with the Das.... at least it's one of the older models.

post #19 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

Faster response does not matter when it comes to keyboards.

There are a lot of "pure gaming" alternatives to Razer boards that are miles better than them and have the same features as you mentioned, if not more.

What is better for gaming ?

-

post #20 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 05:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Price is no object. What's your choice ?

-

post #21 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 267

Thermaltake Meka G1 with a Logitech MX518 on the desktop. For the htpc I'm using unified remote which is a android app.

post #22 of 127 Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

For me, Filco. Every time for everything. I don't play games that require all the macro keys though and I don't like back lighting. If I needed a board with those features I'd go with the Corsair Vengeance K90 for sure.

post #23 of 127 Old 04-11-2013, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Logitech K400 for my htpc here
post #24 of 127 Old 04-11-2013, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 64
For the HTPC, I use the Rii mini-keyboard/touchpad. But I use it very rarely, generally only for maintenance work. Everything else is done with the Harmony One!
post #25 of 127 Old 04-11-2013, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ducky Shine II
Filco
CM Storm Trigger, TK, Quickfire Rapid
WASD V1
Corsair K90
Rosewill 9100
Azio Levetron
Logitech 710+
Mionix Zibal 60
More that I can't recall at this moment
post #26 of 127 Old 04-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The keyboard I'm using now, a Kinesis Advantage. For me, there's no point in considering any other keyboard for a computer I'll be typing at a lot. While I would never spend this much on a keyboard for gaming, it's unusual layout happens to make it great for that as well. Of course, it also has cherry mx switches.
post #27 of 127 Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:

Price is no object? HHKB Professional HG Japan.

More realistic answer: Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Pro Type-S. If you want a full size keyboard, buy a Topre Realforce. (but be sure to check the key weighting suits your needs)

I can't understand why people are recommending Cherry MX keyboards if price is no object.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslide View Post

The keyboard I'm using now, a Kinesis Advantage. For me, there's no point in considering any other keyboard for a computer I'll be typing at a lot. While I would never spend this much on a keyboard for gaming, it's unusual layout happens to make it great for that as well. Of course, it also has cherry mx switches.
Far too wide to be using when gaming or anything that involves a lot of mousing really. And I would not want to support Kinesis as a company because they stole the design from Maltron.

For a split design, I would seek out a DataHand or µTron.
post #28 of 127 Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoptimist View Post

Price is no object? HHKB Professional HG Japan.

More realistic answer: Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Pro Type-S. If you want a full size keyboard, buy a Topre Realforce. (but be sure to check the key weighting suits your needs)

I can't understand why people are recommending Cherry MX keyboards if price is no object.

Mechanical switches are subjective. Not everyone is going to conform to your preferences. I personally love MX Switches. I have tried Topre and didn't think it was worth it.
post #29 of 127 Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 203
For my HTPC I mainly use a URC MX-980 remote or if I need to do any maintenance I use an Asus G75 laptop with RDP. Very rarely do I ever pull out the Logitech DiNovo for Laptops Keyboard with the Gyration AirMouse.

On the Asus G75 laptop I use a Logitech G700 mouse.

For my server I use either RDP or VMWare vSphere client on my Asus G75.

In other off-site situations I use Jump Desktop RDP on my Galaxy S3 phone.

post #30 of 127 Old 04-11-2013, 03:08 PM

Liked: 12
I used to use a Dinovo mini before but I transitioned to a Logitech K810 and a T400 mouse combo.

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page