post #1 of 4 Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
it seems normally, the scales of value tip in favor of drive pool... $19.95
but, until the 12th, drive bender is on sale for $17.95
drive bender seems to have all the fancy drive status monitoring built in, whereas drive pool is an extra cost extra add-in...

so is there any compelling reason to go with one over the other?

note: for this project I need no parity/backup/etc, so I have already ruled out flexraid (and unRAID in a VM), I just need drive (or even just folder) pooling...
but I kind of like the way both DB and DP handle the pooling as opposed to just using windows disk manager...

application will just be streaming dvd/br... nothing fancy there... no transcoding/dnla/etc... just streaming...

so anyone have any pros or cons to either? I did do a google search, but all I really found was more people used DP, but that is probably due to the fact that it is normally the cheaper option...

NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Have you looked into creating junction folders? Its what I use on my media server.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-11-2013, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
thought about it... but the dashboard (or whatever you call it) displays of the drive pool app thingies is kind of cool...

on a completely unrelated note, any mATX supplies come with PMBus? does whs2011 even know about PMBus or is that just for the grown up/big/real/non-home servers?

NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
post #4 of 4 Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I bought Stablebit DrivePool + Scanner for my WHS2011 server. No regrets whatsoever. Great, great software. I stream, transcode (via Plex) and performance is fab.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page