Resize (squeeze) desktop without changing resolution? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello,

I've been searching through a bunch of threads, and can't seem to find an answer....
Is there a way to shrink your desktop screen size without actually creating a custom resolution? I have an anamorphic lens that overshoots the sides of the screen due to a short throw ratio. I can resize the desktop with the nVidia controls to 1842x1080 and it works perfect, but it is limited to a 60Hz refresh rate. I'm trying to do 24Hz, but it forces me to change it back to 1920x1080 to display that, which of course overshoots the screen.

It's telling me the projector doesn't support custom resolutions and 24Hz, but a standard resolution with 24Hz apparently works just fine. And strangely, a custom resolution even though not "supported" by the projector displays fine and the projector considers it 1920x1080, as long as its 60Hz.

Would the program "Powerstrip" do what I'm looking for? I'm under the impression that it too would just create a custom resolution to change the physical size....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The only other way to resize the desktop is using the overscan control, but that will only scale it, not actually resize the aspect ratio. Your limitation is the projector, like the video card says. It can only accept certain resolutions at certain refresh rates. Not sure about Powerstrip, I've never used it.