? Old card, new tuner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-03-2013, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Didn't know whether to put this under Ceton thread or HDHRPrime. Just decided to do a new one instead. I'm still evaluating going from Infinitv 4 to HDHR Prime. So I already have an activated cablecard. If I switch to the Prime and use the card that I currently have from the Ceton do I have to go through the whole pairing and activation activity that I went through when initially setting up the Ceton card? Or is it as simple as uninstalling the Ceton hardware, plugging in HDHRPrime and inserting cablecard? I don't know at this point that I want to get an additional cablecard and have both tuners running. I'd like right now I think to do a swap and replace unless that is too much hassle. Anybody made this move? What was your experience?

EZed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-03-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 167
The CableCARD is paired to the tuner and needs to be unpaired first. CableCo's commonly screw this up. Hopefully you can get a tech on the line that knows WTH they are doing.

post #3 of 5 Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
I was afraid of that. The folks here with TWC are pretty inept in dealing with cablecard and WMC integration. I assume the folks with TiVO don't have to go through the hell that we do with getting cablecards set up and authorized. If I'm gonna have to go through that trouble I may as well just get another card in addition to the current and just add the Prime as opposed to replacing. Oh well. TWC and the establishment win another round.

EZed
post #4 of 5 Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 167
I think TiVo's have the same issues.

post #5 of 5 Old 05-03-2013, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by edyohome View Post

I was afraid of that. The folks here with TWC are pretty inept in dealing with cablecard and WMC integration. I assume the folks with TiVO don't have to go through the hell that we do with getting cablecards set up and authorized. If I'm gonna have to go through that trouble I may as well just get another card in addition to the current and just add the Prime as opposed to replacing. Oh well. TWC and the establishment win another round.

Pairing a CableCARD in a TiVo is identical to pairing it in an InfiniTV (or other OCUR) so TiVo customers would have the same situation. For InfiniTV customers that are having difficulty getting their CableCARD paired, please open a support ticket with Ceton. We have contacts at all of the top 10 cable operators to assist with pairing issues, and many smaller ones, too.

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page