Unable to bitstream HD audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-07-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys

I have read through these forums many times to get help, but today, i am forced to create a thread for help of my own. I apologize if i have posted in the wrong section, but I need help.

I just purchased an intel nuc ethernet version. I got xbmc set up and audio seems to work fine with analog. I have a 5.1 receiver which can decode both dts audio andd dolby digital audio.

When i set it up with wasapi audio for both pass through and out put with dts audio and dolby digital audio enabled, everything seems fine but it makes me need a second remote to control audio. I don't want this. So i disabled dts audio aand dolby digital audio so the nuc decoded it itself.

This is making video fps go very very low. AND THERE IS NO SOUND. WHY IS this? Is there a fix? Please help

5.1 audio is only working with wasapi enabled with dts audio and dolby digital audio. Please help me

Intel nuc has 2hdmi. 1 going into sony bd-e280 which is connected to speakers and the other goes to a panasonic. I only run xbmc on one screen as the 2 displays are extended. My default device is set to the Sony avamp as in the picture below.

And only these 2 supported formats are shown:

I tried with another computer by plugging in the BDV-E280 via hdmi. Once again only 2 of these are supported. Is it a setting that i have selected incorrectly? Please help me. If you look at the pdf link below you of the BDV-E280 Specifications, you can will clearly see DTS HD and Dolby Digital HD bitstreaming is supported by my system.

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/BDVE280_mksp.pdf

So yeah PLEASE HELP ME frown.gif

Cheers

Tezz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Have a look at your operation manual - some receivers, particulalry Home Theatre in a box solutions only accept HD Audio from the inserted disc and not in passthrough from other devices. Although the document you linked to indicates that the machine supports DTS HD-MA and TrueHD, it doesn't clarify in what modes.

You might also want to check your Audio Settings - http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4265164131.pdf - page 48 Audio Output. Looks like you have to ensure its set to 'HDMI' other combinations seem to only produce 2 channel from HDMI.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-08-2013, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

i am sorry, but i am a little lost frown.gif

What should i do. really sorry to annoy you
post #4 of 8 Old 05-08-2013, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member

No more than I am

Read the manual first and foremost.

I don't have any experience of your set-up, other than what I read. There is clearly some form of manual intervention required via the set-up menus and that set-up has to be correct before you get the correct sound from the receiver.

These machines are seldom plug n play (certainly for what you are attmepting) - they require setting up.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-08-2013, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

ok, i will have a play around... But from reading the manual, do you think it will be possible for me to bit stream hd audio to this av amp? By manual, i mean specifications.

Cheers
post #6 of 8 Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 167
From page 61 of the manual link posted above:

Your HTiB does not support HD Audio from HDMI inputs.

EDIT:
Re-reading your original post, you state that you disabled dts and DD bitstreaming but are haveing the NUC decode them. It docodes to LPCM which your STiB does not support. It does, however support dts and DD (but not dts-HR/MA or Dobly TrueHD). If you allow it to bitstream and remove the HD Audio from your files it should play fine. I am assuming you are using mkv's for playback but you don't say. If this is the case you can remove the HD Audio from them using makeMVK or mkvMergeGUI.

post #7 of 8 Old 05-08-2013, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

The unit's primary function is to play BD's with this in mind it will bitstream - according to the specification, but it has to be set-up in such a way that it can - this is where reading the manual and physically playing with the unit will yield results.

Anything other than that - by other I mean other sources (HTPC's etc its not quite so clear - hence the reason I pointed you to the Audio Settings section of the manual). Unless someone else with actual experience of that machine comes along, its going to be trial and error I'm afraid. Good luck.

Been following your thread with jjd over at xbmc forums, so let us know how you get on.

EDIT

Damn you Sammy - lol, should have read further, there you go.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-08-2013, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Not to be rude Tezz but you should sell that HTiB on craigs or ebay and get an AVR and speakers because I wouldn't want you to be missing out on all the glory of HD Audio..

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page