Arcsoft TMT script error on launch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-08-2013, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Recently I've found that when I run my trusty old Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 (TMT3) I get a script error over the initial screen entitled "Script Error":

"An error has occurred in the script on this page."

Line: 538

Char: 1

Error: 'bmi_load' is undefined

Code: 0

URL: http://www.arcsoft.com/embed/gmid_based_embed.asp?LANG etc etc gibberish

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this? I only need to answer No to "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" but it's very annoying to see.

Under BD-Java I do have "access to the internet" UN checked so I'm not sure what this apparent attempt to "phone home" can be about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Reboot the PC and test it again, in case you just need a reboot. The error you are describing is due to IE. If it does error still after the reboot, reboot again and then enable access and test the same movie that causes an error to see if that is it.

Also, what version of TMT3 are you running and have you checked for any updates to it?
post #3 of 9 Old 05-09-2013, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks, I've rebooted several times, launched IE to see if it threw any errors (didn't, but fwiw I usually use Firefox 90% of the time). No good, same error.
Quote:
If it does error still after the reboot, reboot again and then enable access and test the same movie that causes an error to see if that is it.
I don't know what you mean here. I don't have to test any movies to get the error--I just run the program and get the error before selecting a movie to load.

I tried deleting the folder in AppData to no effect. Then I found in the TMT3 program directory the only file that gets modified there called ProductInfo.set and embedded within is this, which obviously has an URL it may want to check with every launch (the last line):

[SERVER]
SERVER = www.arcsoft.com
PORT = 80
DISPHANDLE = /handlers/redirect_handler.asp
INFOHANDLE = /handlers/info_handler.asp
DISPPARAM = sourceID=&displayID=&tabID=&PSTRING=&uniqueID=&LANG=&entryID=AP
INFOPARAM = sourceID=&PSTRING=&uniqueID=&entryID=AP&lang=
IEPAGE = http://www.arcsoft.com/handlers/redirect_handler.asp?lang=&PSTRING=&DisplayType=

But I tried deleting that IEPAGE line and TMT refused to start--I had to copy the saved file back-in again. But still get the error.

My TMT3 is .185 and the latest I think is .195, but it's worked fine up to recently, so my best guess is that maybe one of the updates to IE9 caused this linkage to break...

confused.gif

That last line includes actually:

&DisplayType="IEPAGE"

with arrows instead of quotes (doesn't display otherwise), anyway when I manually place that URL into either Firefox or IE, after changing to en and to the Product String, leaving alone, both browsers do work and I end-up at this page:

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/#submenu
post #4 of 9 Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 PM

I suspect you are correct in that an IE change did it. TMT3 was tied to the hip with IE. You can always try uninstalling IE and installing an older version (or just using the one that came built into Windows) and then see if that fixes the problem.

Have you tried enabling access to see if it works with it enabled? It should not make a difference, but it is an easy thing to try.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ah, by "enable access" you meant "Allow access to Internet" under BD-JAVA. Nope that didn't work, and finally I tried setting IE as my default browser vs. Firefox as present, and that doesn't work either.

I didn't notice any firestorms over at the Arcsoft forums, so maybe this is a combo of IE and .185. Maybe I'll try .195 some time after checking-out the changes, but I'd just as soon live with the problem as use an older (and less "safe", or slower, or...) version of IE.

Thanks for being such a good sounding board cybrsage.

smile.gif
post #6 of 9 Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 AM

Any time - the nice thing about rolling back IE is you can always upgrade it back to the most recent again easily. It is not so easy to roll back Arcsoft - though it is a good idea to update to the latest Arcsoft, since it also contains the newer BluRay keys.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-10-2013, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

... the nice thing about rolling back IE is you can always upgrade it back to the most recent again easily. It is not so easy to roll back Arcsoft...
I dunno much about IE, having now used FF for so long. I thought IE was (too) tightly integrated w/Windows but now that I think of it I guess MS was forced to "stop doing that" some time ago. Anyway I guess I will have to surf on this "rolling back" business.

Arcsoft's serial check is some nasty business which is one reason I've stopped dinking-around with AS. I own both TMT5 and now TMT6 but have uninstalled them in favor of trusty old TMT3... smile.gif
post #8 of 9 Old 05-10-2013, 03:06 PM

You can go to the add/remove programs and uninstall the newest version of IE and Windows will automatically roll back to the version that came with the machine. If that fixes things, you are gold. If not, you can always just run a Windows Update check and it will provide you the newest IE version as an optional component again.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-11-2013, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thank you!
smile.gif
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page