HD4000 Auto Refresh Rate/Bluray Stutter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All,

I recently built a new HTPC with an i3-3225/HD4000 and use WMC (LiveTV-Ceton along with media browser). All is working well, except the video stutters/judders every so often for bluray high quality rips. On this particular content, I have to manually switch the refresh rate in Intel's video control panel to 23/24hz to remove the issue. Everything else works fine at 59/60hz. Is there a way to have the HD4000 detect these type of streams in WMC/mediabrowser and change the refresh rate accordingly? I'd hate to have to manually change the refresh rate depending on what content i'm viewing. Are there any other solutions? My drivers are up to date according to Intel's detection tool as is my BIOS.

I don't recall having this issue on my Nvidia GT8800 I had in my old rig. I switched to the HD4000 for the HDMI and ITX during the rebuild due to other requirements. If there's no other solutions I suppose I could switch back to a discrete video card (and replace my ceton with an HDhomerun prime since my pcie on the itx is used by it). Naturally, i'd only prefer this option if there's no other solution software-wise.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Perhaps using an external player is the only solution unless your OS is 32-bit and you use ReClock with WMC (not recommended). MPC-HC+madVR is one solution. MPC-HC+AutoFrequency (tutorial) is another.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-10-2013, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks like i'll check out MPC-HC+madVR. Thanks for your help!
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page