post #631 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

that's too funny, they will not take it back at the store, but they'll pickup shipping to send it to some other location. I think I posted my comment about FiOS having their act together to soon. biggrin.gif good stuff.
I'm not sure that the location I took it to actually qualifies as a store but more like a service center. You can make changes to your service, schedule installations and pretty much whatever you could do at a Verizon kiosk in the local shopping mall. I don't think you can pick up any equipment there, such as a cablecard or STB, although I suspect you could arrange to do so if you schedule it in advance.

If you drop stuff off then apparently they have to pack it up and ship it to Verizon HQ. They obviously have an account with UPS to handle returns. It probably costs them extra if they have to have one of their employees take the time to do it. What's strange is that I've returned equipment to the same location in the past and never had to pay any drop off fees. This must be a recent change to their return policy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

I was thinking of pulling the card from my 4 as well, but two concerns, I mentioned this earlier, sometimes there are issues paring the card to a new device if not properly unpaired, not my experience, but it seems to have happened to others, maybe someone here can comment on that and 2) I want to ensure the 6 works, and is up and running trouble free before decommissioning the 4, otherwise my life will be difficult while the cable is out. all my channels are scrambled, so no working tuner, no TV.

I was running late today, but if I don't get to the comcast office today it will be tomorrow. Will let you know.

If you just want to test InfiniTV6 with the existing CableCARD, you should be able to get non-copyright protected channels without pairing it. If Comcast copyright protects everything, then you are SOL for testing purposes.

When we switched from InifniTV4 to InfiniTV6 ETH, it took a lot longer than the anticipated 45 minutes. I went through automated CableCARD activation over the phone with FiOS, since this was not new CableCARD, and the old in-home agent has been replaced with useless in-home agent. After waiting for half hour, and not getting it paired, I called, only to find out that apparently when I told the system to pair the CableCARD with the new tuner, it took it as "take it out of service" and disabled the Card. Luckily phone rep was able to restore it.

Meanwhile, I was fighting with PlayReady, which should not have shown up, but it did. So, I had to reset everything. Then, Ceton drivers did not remove the 4 tuner limit... all in all, it worked after 4 hours.

Luckily, I learned that whenever I do any kind of home renovation project to send family away. It took them exactly 4 hours at the zoo. biggrin.gif

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #633 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, I tried to be lazy and just swap my cablecard from my 4 to my 6 to pair, but that thing is stuck in the infinitv like glue. I cannot get the thing out for nothing. I got it slide out a little eventually but it's really hard to get a grip. I was afraid I was going to break the infinitv4. I ended up just going to Comcast office and picked up another card. I didn't even bother to ask what it was going to cost beacuse I know I'm just going to return the other one anyway. I set the 6 up on my desktop PC instead of messing with my HTPC for now. I will record stuff side by side on both PC's for a week or two and make sure the 6 is solid before retiring the 4.

As usual, got it paired and encrypted channels are not working. Time to sit on hold for another 15 minutes to get the signal re-sent. I got the usual "It can take 45 minutes for all the channels to download" bs at the end of the first call. Every time I've ever called to get this issue fixed, it works right away after they send the signal. It never takes 45 minutes.

The only other issue I seem to be having is I have the Ceton Diagnostic Tool opened to the CableCARD tab, and as it keeps refreshing, one time it's all green checks, the next it has a red - on #2 for a valid cablecard was not detected. It's like it's going back and forth, but I can tune channels fine (except encrypted for the moment). I'm going to remove the cablecard and reinsert and hope that fixes the problem.
post #634 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 04:22 PM

Well I got the card paired properly this time and all cable channels are now working. (Said 45 min again, but worked instantly) The Ceton Diagnostic tool continues to switch randomly from a green check for Cablecard is detected to a red dash with A valid Cablecard is not detected, but it does not seem to matter. Everything works so maybe it's just be the Ceton software? Anyone else have this issue if they leave the tool open and keep letting it refresh?
post #635 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video View Post

Considering the fact that this is a thread discussing the InfiniTV 6 I can surmise that you have more than enough available tuners at your disposal, assuming you actually own an InfiniTV 6. If not, then you are clearly a troll looking to stir up trouble in a thread where you do not belong.

Amazing that you call me a troll after you ranted for pages and pages because I had the audacity eek.gif to discuss a design flaw in WMC that is obviously quite relevant to users of Ceton InfiniTV.

My posts were actually fairly short. You respond with pages and pages of irrelevance, and then you ask "That ship has clearly sailed, so what benefit is anyone going to get out of you ranting about it?" Surely you see the irony in that question. Perhaps you can rant for several more pages about it. biggrin.gif
post #636 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2100 View Post

Amazing that you call me a troll after you ranted for pages and pages because I had the audacity eek.gif to discuss a design flaw in WMC that is obviously quite relevant to users of Ceton InfiniTV.

My posts were actually fairly short. You respond with pages and pages of irrelevance, and then you ask "That ship has clearly sailed, so what benefit is anyone going to get out of you ranting about it?" Surely you see the irony in that question. Perhaps you can rant for several more pages about it. biggrin.gif
Pages and pages? It appears you have digressed to making things up. Clearly you cannot count as well as muster any sort of rational thought or behavior, let alone use proper manners in a public forum. Arrogance won't win you any friends here. I wrote exactly three posts in response to the topic, all of which took up but a fraction of a single page. You are obviously prone to exaggeration in trying to make a point about a complete non-issue for the majority of WMC users and especially not InfiniTV 6 owners. If anything, the sum total of your posts took up more space than mine.

The "design flaw," as you call it, is only relevant if you are anal about using a single tuner for consecutive recordings on the same channel. For some reason, this seems to bother you to no end. What's funny is that I don't recall reading about anyone else complaining about this non-issue with any multi-tuner devices. If we were still stuck using single-tuner cards then I can certainly see why this could be a problem for some. Owners of the InfiniTV 6 are less likely to be bothered by this because they have ample tuners available so that there are no conflicts, which is precisely the reason why people want it in the first place. What's the point of having six tuners if you only want to use one of them? Your point is not only ridiculous, but completely irrelevant to this thread.

Your "audacity" about a supposed design flaw is nothing more than a lot of gum flapping about something you have absolutely no control over, nor is it something that is ever likely to change. You're just griping for the sake of griping. I suppose you do it because it makes you feel better, but it does nothing to benefit anyone reading this thread. If you actually have something productive to say, we'll be happy to listen. I anxiously await that day in great anticipation, but somehow I feel I will end up being disappointed. rolleyes.gif
post #637 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER6669 View Post

Well, I tried to be lazy and just swap my cablecard from my 4 to my 6 to pair, but that thing is stuck in the infinitv like glue. I cannot get the thing out for nothing. I got it slide out a little eventually but it's really hard to get a grip. I was afraid I was going to break the infinitv4.
Sounds like you had the tuner card secured to where the cablecard was wedged against the partition opening. You should be able to remove the InfiniTV4 with the card installed and then pull it free. If you can't pull it free by hand, try using a pair of pliers with some tape over the jaws to prevent them from marring the cablecard.
post #638 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

I anxiously await that day in great anticipation, but somehow I feel I will end up being disappointed. rolleyes.gif

And in the meantime you will keep impotently ranting off-topic for pages and pages because you are disappointed that I had the audacity to discuss a design flaw in WMC that is obviously quite relevant to users of the Ceton InfiniTV. Do you want to accuse me again of ranting about something that will not be changed? Perhaps you could rant on about it for pages and pages more. rolleyes.gif
post #639 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Both of you...knock it off.
Don't ruin the thread for everyone else.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
post #640 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you had the tuner card secured to where the cablecard was wedged against the partition opening. You should be able to remove the InfiniTV4 with the card installed and then pull it free. If you can't pull it free by hand, try using a pair of pliers with some tape over the jaws to prevent them from marring the cablecard.
I did go as far as to remove the infinitv card from the PC so if anything got damaged it was just the card and not the motherboard too. I thought about pliers but I was afraid to damage the cablecard. I guess I will worry about it later when the 6 takes over for good.

Speaking of which, so far so good on the eth. I successfully recorded 5 shows at once and I was watching (for a bit) a 6th. I skimmed through all 5 recordings and it looks perfect. I'll just continue to test for a week or two and get the other cablecard back because I'm sure they probably added an addtl outlet fee. What I like about the eth is that it's external and should anything happen and my HTPC goes down, I can now record on my desktop/server PC (without switching hardware around) instead of being dead in the water.
post #641 of 997 Old 12-11-2013, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post

Both of you...knock it off.
Don't ruin the thread for everyone else.
Roger that. It was a fruitless discussion with no purpose anyway.
post #642 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 05:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

I did go as far as to remove the infinitv card from the PC so if anything got damaged it was just the card and not the motherboard too. I thought about pliers but I was afraid to damage the cablecard. I guess I will worry about it later when the 6 takes over for good.

Speaking of which, so far so good on the eth. I successfully recorded 5 shows at once and I was watching (for a bit) a 6th. I skimmed through all 5 recordings and it looks perfect. I'll just continue to test for a week or two and get the other cablecard back because I'm sure they probably added an addtl outlet fee. What I like about the eth is that it's external and should anything happen and my HTPC goes down, I can now record on my desktop/server PC (without switching hardware around) instead of being dead in the water.

yeah, I hear you. Having the tuner external and independent of other devices is the second reason why I'm upgrading, the first reason being 2 more tuners wink.gif , I'm running the 4 in my whs 2011 server, which is fine, it run's 24X7, but heaven forbid I need to reboot the server to complete a windows update or some other maintenance task requiring a reboot. If the htpc's are running, they all need a reboot boot too. I think this where the SDHD HR prime got it right. Glad ceton realized where they needed to be, with 6 tuners to boot.

Yeah, and I'm with you the stuck card, I pulled apart my server over the summer to do a cleaning, and had the same issue, I was eventually able to remove the card by pushing thjrough the open window of the tuner.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #643 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:

yeah, I hear you. Having the tuner external and independent of other devices is the second reason why I'm upgrading, the first reason being 2 more tuners wink.gif , I'm running the 4 in my whs 2011 server, which is fine, it run's 24X7, but heaven forbid I need to reboot the server to complete a windows update or some other maintenance task requiring a reboot. If the htpc's are running, they all need a reboot boot too. I think this where the SDHD HR prime got it right. Glad ceton realized where they needed to be, with 6 tuners to boot.

Yeah, and I'm with you the stuck card, I pulled apart my server over the summer to do a cleaning, and had the same issue, I was eventually able to remove the card by pushing thjrough the open window of the tuner.

Similar here, except that I paired the Ceton 4 with a SD HDhomerun dual for 6 tuners total, but I only set up the four major networks for the homerun (making it the first priority) since most of my recordings were there anyway. I've always had some pixelation issues with my HDhomerun. Add in the fact that one day Comcast will be encrypting the locals and the HDHomerun won't work anymore, I wanted to get ahead of it and get down to one piece of equipment for the six tuners and simplify things. I wish the Ceton tuners would tune channels as fast as Silicondust tuners do though. That's my only issue with them but not too big of a deal. It's not horribly slow but not quick either.
post #644 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 04:41 PM

Liked: 10
At the risk of fanning the flames yet again, I continue to play with this WMC / Ceton overlap issue and continue to not understand the right way to get what I want. When I set my shows to start recording three minutes early and end ten minutes later, I still see strange truncation - well, either starting immediately on time, or stopping immediately on time, I've not figured out the pattern just yet - but I what I seem to see is the show in the middle ends up with no extra beginning or end, and extra on the front of the first and the end of the last. Not 100% positive, but when I started noticing this sort of behavior still, I switched things to 10 before and 10 after, and I'm still not seeing a show that is padded both front and back when there are two in succession on the same station. In going back (and ignoring the hot spots in the thread!), it was said something to the effect of, "greater than ten minutes." Since the granularity after five minutes is in increments of five, does that mean I need to pad by 15 minutes on the front AND end in WMC in order to get the system to use a second tuner for the second program? I'm still learning the Ceton box, and still trying to figure out the best way to keep an eye on things. I'm also playing with this right now on a Win7 Home Premium box, but there is a Win 8 box on the way that was going to be headless, and I was hoping to have this worked out so that I could set things up and then ignore it. I'm continuing to play with it, but if there are those who could tell me the way it really will work, I'd appreciate it. I currently have no other computer accessing the InfiniTV6 - the programming world is its oyster right now! - and would just like to make it work and be done with it. Thanks.
post #645 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ9 View Post

At the risk of fanning the flames yet again, I continue to play with this WMC / Ceton overlap issue and continue to not understand the right way to get what I want. When I set my shows to start recording three minutes early and end ten minutes later, I still see strange truncation - well, either starting immediately on time, or stopping immediately on time, I've not figured out the pattern just yet - but I what I seem to see is the show in the middle ends up with no extra beginning or end, and extra on the front of the first and the end of the last. Not 100% positive, but when I started noticing this sort of behavior still, I switched things to 10 before and 10 after, and I'm still not seeing a show that is padded both front and back when there are two in succession on the same station. In going back (and ignoring the hot spots in the thread!), it was said something to the effect of, "greater than ten minutes." Since the granularity after five minutes is in increments of five, does that mean I need to pad by 15 minutes on the front AND end in WMC in order to get the system to use a second tuner for the second program? I'm still learning the Ceton box, and still trying to figure out the best way to keep an eye on things. I'm also playing with this right now on a Win7 Home Premium box, but there is a Win 8 box on the way that was going to be headless, and I was hoping to have this worked out so that I could set things up and then ignore it. I'm continuing to play with it, but if there are those who could tell me the way it really will work, I'd appreciate it. I currently have no other computer accessing the InfiniTV6 - the programming world is its oyster right now! - and would just like to make it work and be done with it. Thanks.
It sounds like you're using the "when possible" options. Take a closer look when setting up the recordings, the following options will show up:

on time
1 minute after, when possible
2 minutes after, when possible
3 minutes after, when possible
4 minutes after, when possible
5 minutes after
5 minutes after, when possible
10 minutes after
10 minutes after, when possible
15 minutes after
15 minutes after, when possible
and so on

The behavior you're describing is how the various "when possible" options behave - if you have back to back recordings on the same channel OR don't have enough tuners, they won't allow the recording to run over by the amount you've requested. Unfortunately, the "5 minutes after" option behaves the same way, which is what was driving me nuts when I first started using WMC. But the "10 minutes after" option and any of the other "xx minutes after" options for longer time periods will force the use of an extra tuner and pad your recording by the requested amount. Just be absolutely certain that you're not selecting one of the "xx minutes after, when possible" options.

You don't have to set your recordings up to record 10 minutes early to get this to work - I have mine setup to start 2 minutes early and it works just fine.
post #646 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 05:33 PM

Man, this thing is a bit confusing!

The recording defaults only employ the "when possible" verbiage - the selections themselves is called, "Start when possible" and "Stop when possible." I then went to the individual scheduled events, and they allow me to change the stop time (which was already on a "when possible" setting) to 10 minutes after. There was nothing I could find that would let me set a firm before setting. I will see if that change itself for the ending is enough to trigger the before behavior to function. If that is the case, it seems this is something you have to keep in mind and change for every recording you set up. Just a habit to form, I'm sure.

The research continues....
post #647 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:

The recording defaults only employ the "when possible" verbiage - the selections themselves is called, "Start when possible" and "Stop when possible." I then went to the individual scheduled events, and they allow me to change the stop time (which was already on a "when possible" setting) to 10 minutes after. There was nothing I could find that would let me set a firm before setting. I will see if that change itself for the ending is enough to trigger the before behavior to function. If that is the case, it seems this is something you have to keep in mind and change for every recording you set up. Just a habit to form, I'm sure.

Yeah you have to do it for each separate recording. I never noticed a way to change the "start early" setting on an individual recording from WMC (maybe I've missed it) but if you want to buy the Ceton My Media Center smartphone app, this app allows you to change the start time of each recording.

Edit: Personally I never really saw the need to start thing's early anyway, I would always hit play then start fast forwarding to the beginning of the show. I just set windows to sync the time daily so the windows clock is never "off" and therefore effecting the correct start/ending times. http://www.pretentiousname.com/timesync/index.html
post #648 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 05:39 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

Yeah, I forgot that you have to go in AFTER you setup the recording. For most shows, I set up the WMC equivalent of Tivo Season Passes, so once I have a show setup to record, I don't need to worry about it. Now that you've made that change, you should be all set. WMC does have a few annoying quirks, but once you figure out how to work around them, it usually works quite well.
post #649 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 07:45 PM

Okay, after setting it all up, it's funny that saying you have to go 10 minutes after also causes it to start before the time. It all seems to be going right. The last bit I can't figure out is that WMC is recording at 720p, though I configured it to say my system supports 1080p. I know things should work, since during the short time I was playing with JRiver it was able to record in 1080p. More to rummage through, but it seems odd that it doesn't want to.
post #650 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 08:42 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

Okay, after setting it all up, it's funny that saying you have to go 10 minutes after also causes it to start before the time. It all seems to be going right. The last bit I can't figure out is that WMC is recording at 720p, though I configured it to say my system supports 1080p. I know things should work, since during the short time I was playing with JRiver it was able to record in 1080p. More to rummage through, but it seems odd that it doesn't want to.
The recordings are starting early properly now because the 2nd tuner is being forced into use. Those "when possible" options really screw things up.

WMC. Is just recording the resolution that's being broadcast, 480p, 720p, or 1080i. There are a few cases where on demand channel are broadcast at 1080p, but those channels are only available from a cable company set top box or DVR. I would expect J River to do the same.
post #651 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:

I wish the Ceton tuners would tune channels as fast as Silicondust tuners do though. That's my only issue with them but not too big of a deal. It's not horribly slow but not quick either.

I'm happy to say I have to take this statement back. It seems to be tuning quite fast actually. Even seems faster than my Infinitv 4.
post #652 of 997 Old 12-12-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

The recordings are starting early properly now because the 2nd tuner is being forced into use. Those "when possible" options really screw things up.

WMC. Is just recording the resolution that's being broadcast, 480p, 720p, or 1080i. There are a few cases where on demand channel are broadcast at 1080p, but those channels are only available from a cable company set top box or DVR. I would expect J River to do the same.

I know I'm new to all of this, but I take it from this that the stations are sending in 720p, and that's being upscaled to 1080p by the DVR? I'll continue to play with this to see who does and who doesn't. I was convinced initially that I had just missed a configuration setting.
Quote:

I'm happy to say I have to take this statement back. It seems to be tuning quite fast actually. Even seems faster than my Infinitv 4.

I wasn't sure what folks were used to, but I found it to feel pretty fast. Not snappy, maybe, but I think it moves pretty reasonably, given the PC is not a specialized piece of hardware/software built for TV.

Coming up this weekend: My Media Center.

Thank you all for your help.
post #653 of 997 Old 12-13-2013, 02:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:

Personally I never really saw the need to start thing's early anyway, I would always hit play then start fast forwarding to the beginning of the show.
Instead of fast forwarding to the beginning I just start playing the recording, then press the 2 button, then hit play again. That makes it skip to 2 minutes into the recording and it usually lands right at the beginning of the show. For a recording still in progress I just punch in the time the program started then hit play.
post #654 of 997 Old 12-13-2013, 04:23 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

Edit: Personally I never really saw the need to start thing's early anyway, I would always hit play then start fast forwarding to the beginning of the show. I just set windows to sync the time daily so the windows clock is never "off" and therefore effecting the correct start/ending times. http://www.pretentiousname.com/timesync/index.html
It's definitely a good idea to setup daily time syncs, but that alone doesn't guarantee you'll never miss part of a recording. The problem is that the guide data isn't always 100% accurate and shows sometimes start slightly early so you could end up missing the first "few" seconds of a show by always starting on time. The other reason to start early is it gives WMC a bit of extra time to tune the channel if one of the tuners has decided not to work.
Quote:

I know I'm new to all of this, but I take it from this that the stations are sending in 720p, and that's being upscaled to 1080p by the DVR? I'll continue to play with this to see who does and who doesn't. I was convinced initially that I had just missed a configuration setting.
Right, the stations send in 720p or 1080i for HD channels and 480 for remaining SD channels and the DVR is responsible for scaling to 1080p.
post #655 of 997 Old 12-13-2013, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I ran into the truncated recording problem when I first started using WMC and a Ceton InfiniTV 4. After a little research I found that the best setting was to start 10 minutes early and end 10 minutes late. You can set up the recording defaults to start 10 minutes early, but it only gives you the "if possible" option for the end padding. I don't have to set up new series recordings very often, but I've gotten into the habit of setting up the recording options for the entire series when setting it up so it ends 10 minutes after. I have never had an issue with truncated recordings since I started doing this over three years ago.
post #656 of 997 Old 12-13-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
FYI: Cisco has a new Tuning Adapter Firmware that supposedly addresses random tuning failures on SDV channels, esp on 4 and 6 tuner devices. It looks like Bright House Networks in Florida was the first to push it out last night.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9930520#post9930520

Software Versions:
PTV OS: Explorer1kg6 NGP OS
FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1901
App(s): SARA v1.61.41.a203

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #657 of 997 Old 12-13-2013, 06:59 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

I ran into the truncated recording problem when I first started using WMC and a Ceton InfiniTV 4. After a little research I found that the best setting was to start 10 minutes early and end 10 minutes late. You can set up the recording defaults to start 10 minutes early, but it only gives you the "if possible" option for the end padding. I don't have to set up new series recordings very often, but I've gotten into the habit of setting up the recording options for the entire series when setting it up so it ends 10 minutes after. I have never had an issue with truncated recordings since I started doing this over three years ago.
Other than issues with the Ceton tuners going into la-la land once in a while (which would typically result in a failed recording even if I had it start an hour early...), I've never found a need to start more than a few minutes early. I set the recording default to record 10 minutes extra (obviousy, the "when possible" option because that's all that's listed) and then manually change it to the 10 minutes over (not the "when possible" option). Other than sporting events or shows that are on after sporting events, this has worked just fine for me the entire time I've been using WMC. For sporting events, I just set them up to go an hour or more over and do the same for shows that follow sporting events (such as anything on Sunday night on the channels that had football games earlier in the day). But as usual, YMMV.
post #658 of 997 Old 12-13-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Other than issues with the Ceton tuners going into la-la land once in a while (which would typically result in a failed recording even if I had it start an hour early...), I've never found a need to start more than a few minutes early.
Can you expand on this? I've never had a problem with any of my InfiniTV 4's missing a recording unless there was a problem with the source signal.
post #659 of 997 Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM

Liked: 148
I suspect he is talking about the "no tuner available" error when the Ceton Eth is not being used at all. For me, I have had to reboot both the tuner and the HTPC to fix it.
post #660 of 997 Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My PCIe tuners also sometimes "go into la-la land" when my PC wakes from sleep. I've since disabled sleep (angrily) and have had no issues since.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Ceton , Ceton Infinitv 6 Pcie 5205 Dct06in Pcie Six Tuner Card For Watching Digital Cable Tv On The Pc Pci E

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page