AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
That ETH must be female!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 995 Old 08-23-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post
I haven't check in a while, but I do need to see if there is a new stable release. I've been waiting I guess since jan for turner pooling to come out of beta.

I'm not brave enough to try the beta's on the green button, I have one tuner, if it gets bricked or dies, and we have no TV, I might not live to talk about it.
I think the beta got promoted to stable several weeks ago. Now one in the same.

post #993 of 995 Old 08-27-2014, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I think the beta got promoted to stable several weeks ago. Now one in the same.
Thanks, I updated to the latest firmware over the weekend, now, is tuner pooling part of this release, I didn't do anything other than upgrade the firmware, my tuners assignments remained intact. I also checked the latest ceton installation guide and tuner pooling is still being described as beta. Maybe I should update the driver packages.

As a side note, I've noticed my channel changes are taking longer after the update like 4 -4.5 seconds, it use to be right at or under 3.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN

Last edited by dbailey75; 08-27-2014 at 08:37 AM.
post #994 of 995 Old 08-29-2014, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post
Thanks, I updated to the latest firmware over the weekend, now, is tuner pooling part of this release, I didn't do anything other than upgrade the firmware, my tuners assignments remained intact. I also checked the latest ceton installation guide and tuner pooling is still being described as beta. Maybe I should update the driver packages.

As a side note, I've noticed my channel changes are taking longer after the update like 4 -4.5 seconds, it use to be right at or under 3.
I've had the PCIe infinitv4 now for a couple of years. It has served me well with no hiccups, or at least nothing a quick reset of WMC couldn't fix. I am interested in the "6" and I am just curious what are the pros or cons, if any compared to the "6". I am not going to say that the 6 at the beginning, had a lot of bugs, I frankly didn't follow its launch a whole lot. I am aware of the huge disaster of the ceton echo. BTW have those bugs been fixed? Thank for the heads up... BTW the reason for the upgrade, is that I have added more TVs to my house.
post #995 of 995 Old 09-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamina1914 View Post
I've had the PCIe infinitv4 now for a couple of years. It has served me well with no hiccups, or at least nothing a quick reset of WMC couldn't fix. I am interested in the "6" and I am just curious what are the pros or cons, if any compared to the "6". I am not going to say that the 6 at the beginning, had a lot of bugs, I frankly didn't follow its launch a whole lot. I am aware of the huge disaster of the ceton echo. BTW have those bugs been fixed? Thank for the heads up... BTW the reason for the upgrade, is that I have added more TVs to my house.

I've been running the ETH 6 since Jan. only con is the occasional need to power cycle the tuner. Just recently, I had some longer than normal channel changes after upgrading to the latest firmware, but that's seemed to work its way out. I'm not running tuner pooling, still using tuner assignments.

Pro- 6 tuners one cable card.

What else do you need.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Ceton , Ceton Infinitv 6 Pcie 5205 Dct06in Pcie Six Tuner Card For Watching Digital Cable Tv On The Pc Pci E

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page