This CPU has been released in January 2013 and is 36% more power effective than its older brother, the G2020.
Neverthelss, the clock speed is a bit lower, and I don't know if it can handles HSBS 1080p movies...
No problem to decode HSBS (it's just normal 1080p AVC) or even MVC (though it can't output frame packing). BTW you shouldn't expect 36% effectiveness (the same power consumption at idle and moderate load such as video playback, Core i3-2100 vs 2100T).
1. Decoding MVC (Multiview Video Coding)
2. Outputting Frame packing 3D video format (one of the primary HDMI 1.4a 3D video formats) over HDMI.
1. The hardware decoder of every SNB / IVB iGPU can decode MVC. Even without hardware decoder, every SNB / IVB dual-core or more desktop processor (2.0GHz and higher) is fast enough to decode MVC.
2. Celeron / Pentium SNB/IVB iGPU does not support Frame packing. Only Core i3 / i5 / i7 support it. Of course Celeron / Pentium can still output SBS(H), interleaved and checkerboard 3D video formats because these formats are just the normal 1080p of HDMI 1.3 specs. Some 3D player can convert MVC to these HDMI 1.3 formats (Stereoscopic Player: yes, PowerDVD / TMT: interleaved and checkerboard only).
- SBS(H) is supported by every 3D display.
- Interleaved format is supported by LG and Vizio 3D display.
- Checkerboard format is supported by Samsung and Mitsubishi 3D display.