Help with FINDING NEMO & MakeMKV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 05-26-2013, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter
dpn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I thought I had MakeMKV figured out, but after having had no problems with 150+ rips I cannot get FINDING NEMO.
I have tried 2 different Blu Ray disks. Both appear pristine and unplayed. but both show the following error message...

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00873.m2ts' at offset '11014766592'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00873.m2ts' at offset '11014766592'
Failed to save title 0 to file F:/Bluray/Finding Nemo (2003)/Finding_Nemo_t00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

I cleaned both disks anyway to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Personally no. But I know there are few discs that take some time for them to figure out the DRM/encryption on. Is this the newer blu ray disc?

I would really ask in the MakeMKV's forums. Beyond that, is this happening with other discs now? Maybe it's just the MakeMKV build. You could try a newer build, or a nightly.

If all else fails, and you don't want to wait, you can use AnyDVD HD to remove the encryption. I believe they give a thirty day trail, which is more than longer enough to rip one disc. You'll get a pop up warning about using AnyDVD and MakeMKV. I personally haven't had issues when using both, which is every time.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 62
DVDFab ripped Finding Nemo Blu-ray fine for me to folder structure. I then used MakeMKV to make an .mkv of it. Try it that way.
post #4 of 15 Old 05-26-2013, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
dpn

Yes 2012 Bluray...

Not happening with any other discs.

I have the newest build of MakeMKV.

May try AnyDVD!

Thanks.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekeiiy View Post

Personally no. But I know there are few discs that take some time for them to figure out the DRM/encryption on. Is this the newer blu ray disc?

I would really ask in the MakeMKV's forums. Beyond that, is this happening with other discs now? Maybe it's just the MakeMKV build. You could try a newer build, or a nightly.

If all else fails, and you don't want to wait, you can use AnyDVD HD to remove the encryption. I believe they give a thirty day trail, which is more than longer enough to rip one disc. You'll get a pop up warning about using AnyDVD and MakeMKV. I personally haven't had issues when using both, which is every time.
post #5 of 15 Old 05-26-2013, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just had this same error on wreck it Ralph. disc was never played brand new. I put the disc in my stand alone player and it had a part where it froze for a second or 2 then picked right back up. I must have just picked a bad disc.
post #6 of 15 Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
I suspect this message is either a bug or more alarming in description than it really is. With latest release I've seen it on most of my disks and I don't recall seeing it before. All of the titles with this reported error have completed and play back fine.

post #7 of 15 Old 05-27-2013, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
dpn

It says "copy failed" so it's really not copying. Sure puzzling. I now have two copies of this movie but no mkv file! Anybody want an original Disney Bluray in return for making me an mkv file? PM if interested!!!
post #8 of 15 Old 05-27-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 250
If the disc plays fine in regular BD player but failed on MakeMKV, it is a copy-protection problem that MakeMKV can't handle yet. You should post in MakeMKV forum to let the developers know the problem.

If the disc fails on regular BD player as well, it is a disc problem.
post #9 of 15 Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

If you're SF, you can come on by and just do it yourself. Take about forty minutes on my PC. I assuming AnyDVD HD will break the encryption. I'll try it out on Brave later tonight. I got it for my mother on Mother's day, and haven't been opened. I figured the encryption should be fairly similar to Nemo.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

If you're SF, you can come on by and just do it yourself. Take about forty minutes on my PC. I assuming AnyDVD HD will break the encryption. I'll try it out on Brave later tonight. I got it for my mother on Mother's day, and haven't been opened. I figured the encryption should be fairly similar to Nemo.
post #11 of 15 Old 05-27-2013, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
dpn

Thanks but I'm not close. In addition to everything else I also tried ANYDVD HD too but it still gave the FAILED TO COPY error message.

Thanks again!
post #12 of 15 Old 05-28-2013, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
dpn

I haven't used a BD player in a while since I use my HTPC, so I dug out my Panasonic BD player and hooked it up, and neither disc plays on the player, so it is definitely a disc problem after all. I can't believe I got TWO in a row that were bad! I get an error message that says something like "this disc is not compatible with this player" or close to that. Never had the problem before.

Thanks for all the help everybody.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

If the disc plays fine in regular BD player but failed on MakeMKV, it is a copy-protection problem that MakeMKV can't handle yet. You should post in MakeMKV forum to let the developers know the problem.

If the disc fails on regular BD player as well, it is a disc problem.
post #13 of 15 Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Make sure your BD player firmware is up to date. Also, do you have any BD players like PowerDVD or WinDVD on your PC? If so, try those to see if they can play the disc with all the DRM intact.
post #14 of 15 Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
dpn

Good point about the firmware. I did check and it IS up to date.

I have never needed Blu Ray player software for my HTPC since I always rip the BD to MKV.

Like I said, I have NEVER had a Bluray that wouldn't play, much less TWO in a row...

Thanks for the help!

David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

Make sure your BD player firmware is up to date. Also, do you have any BD players like PowerDVD or WinDVD on your PC? If so, try those to see if they can play the disc with all the DRM intact.
post #15 of 15 Old 05-29-2013, 12:52 AM
Advanced Member

Well, the discs run in batches. So it could be just a bunch got sent to that store. I agree it sounds like a disc issue. Hopefully the disc doesn't have the Cineview or whatever it is. I've read it can cause weird issues and some players won't play the disc.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page