How-to setup Android on a Stick device to stream movies/etc. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible (and then how to do it if it is) to setup a Android on a stick type device with HDMI to do media streaming from some kind of a windows box, xmbc, or network storage. I have just started to dig into how to do more networking with my home gear and it seems like something like this could be done to add access to my tv's around the house. My guess that some kind of DLNA or UPnP setup could be utilized to send my movie iso's around my home network to play back on these devices. Can any one point me in what HDMI Android stick I should look at buying and where I can look to find more info on how to do something like this?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-31-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 56
If you have a newish TV, it probably already has DLNA built in. Just connect the TV to the network, and enable DLNA service on your PC.

My bottom of the barrel LG 55LM5600 has it, and it actually works with SiliconDust Prime for cable-box-free cable TV viewing....

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page