Which do I need? EventGhost or Girder? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 06-01-2013, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Usually I don't cross-post on forums, but the home automaton forum didn't seem to have an answer.

I have a CM19A X10 Interface and I'd like a program to monitor X10 Events so I can trigger a macro of things to do with the USB-UIRT. I can obviously write dummy scripts to trigger it from X10 but I'd just like it to be simplified.

I downloaded EventGhost and triggered a device but EventGhost didn't recognize it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38
this should help - http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3852&start=0
I dont use x10 but eventghost is amazing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Last update 5/20/13)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Not really. It doesn't describe how to get eg set up with the cm15/19. just updates a plugin that doesn't have an update for 3 or more years.
post #4 of 11 Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 352
When I had that situation, I had a CM19 of course, but I didn't attempt any kind of code interface with it. When I needed other code to directly control X10 devices, I used a firecracker and my own VB code. The code libraries provided by X10 work fine. I wrote a simple program with interactive diagrams of my house for direct control plus, by making it in OCX, I could interface other programs with it. But I haven't used X10 in quite a long time though.

post #5 of 11 Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I found that I have the CM15a, not 19.. I don't know how I could have messed those up, they look entirely different.

Found the plug-in and got it working after I screwed my computer up pretty badly installing the SDK, which you don't need to make it recognize X10 commands.

Next, to my USB-UiRT
post #6 of 11 Old 06-03-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Anthony,

where in Tampa are you ?

(I just left clearwater biggrin.gif )

I love it down there.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #7 of 11 Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

South Tampa. Missed you by a few days, would have enjoyed a quick meet-up.

I've been busy programming my phone with tasker to control my entire home.

So far, I have the lights, both of my TVs, receiver and cameras voice controlled with tasker, autovoice, autoremote and eventghost.

Some of it is automatic. Like when i travel more than 7km from home, it'll ask me if I want to turn the avr and the TV off if I left it on. (I have a habit of leaving my amp on if leaving home for a short time.)

or it'll turn on the lights at night when I get home and ask me if i want to turn the bedroom TV on when I say "it's bedtime"..

complete madness.

Really want a phone with NFC so I can use tags around the house and in the car.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Sounds like a cool project I'd waste many hours of my time perfecting because I have a sickness. Congrats !

Once my remodel is done - I'd like to get something like the going. I am Jealous.

My wife and I got married on Sand Key beach ( across from Shepards ) , My dad owns a house on Madeira beach. We visit the area couple times a year. Really nice place.
It was 45 degrees and raining at home the entire first week of our two week trip- and 85 and sunny in FL biggrin.gif

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #9 of 11 Old 06-09-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16

If you're serious about home automation, you're going to need Girder.  I've done some really cool things with girder related to both x10 and UIRT.  Anything I couldn't figure out on my own, the end-user support/forum helped me quickly.

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV:

+ OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-09-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Sounds like a cool project I'd waste many hours of my time perfecting because I have a sickness. Congrats !

Once my remodel is done - I'd like to get something like the going. I am Jealous.

My wife and I got married on Sand Key beach ( across from Shepards ) , My dad owns a house on Madeira beach. We visit the area couple times a year. Really nice place.
It was 45 degrees and raining at home the entire first week of our two week trip- and 85 and sunny in FL biggrin.gif

Memories........back in 1999 i spent a week in Clearwater on holiday and stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort with my family. We have been back to Florida every year since (Orlando), its like a second home to us.

Back on topic......have you seen this..... http://www.digitalhomeserver.net/

Looks interesting.

David
post #11 of 11 Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I thought I'd let you guys know, I'm still under development on this project but when i finish the next video that had a lot to do with my htpc, I'll be posting it in this forum.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page