Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-04-2013, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Hello have I a newer 720p Toshiba 32" in bedroom (2nd set) with an HP slimline PC Althon II x 2 250 750gb hdd 4gb pc 1333 ram win 7x64
the PC only has a VGA out. with on board nvidia 6150se graphic chip (2nd PC also) . The PC also has it's own 24" monitor I'm using a VGA splitter pigtail and 2 cables and set the res to whatever screen I'm using.

. I stream Netflix and free Hulu etc. from PC to TV when not watching Dish . picture quality from PC to TV could be better
sharpness/brightnees , color . Not too many picture settings available on TV VGA input only bright and contrast as opposed all avail on to HDMI . The Dish TV HD via HDMI picture on the other hand is excellent ..

Internet bandwidth /wifi is ok for HD .I'm outputting 1366x768 PC to TV( the panels native resolution ).
My question is would an HD 5450/6450 increase picture quality much via HDMI to TV over the present VGA out from the 6150se onboard chip .

Also would a Roku be just as good I read Netflix sends 720p HD on to ROKU box but maybe not not on PC. . via chrome or** browser . If the ROKU HD PQ is good I might just as well do that Std Def from PC is OK .

Of course I could always use independent dual monitor support and more TV picture settings available when using PC /TV . I have streamed 720p and 1080p from you tube PC to TV it looked OK but still not as good as Dish so I'm thinking the on board video and VGA at least with this TV is lacking.. The main set a big plasma has a PS3 so Netflix and everything else looks real good on that.

best regards.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Get a Roku. For a bedroom setup, it's ideal. I run one using the Plex client, and it streams all my movies without problem. You've also got HULU, Netflix built in. Quality is generally fine for casual viewing.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-01-2013, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Actually I ended up with an AMD HD 6450 based video card it displays way better than the PC on board video ,sound over hdmi to TV is good for late night .
Not a powerful gaming card but more than enough for HD video . HDMI Color output from the HD 6450 is excellent as is DVD up scaling.
PC /WIFI streams HD video fine . Now the DVD player is not getting used much.

PC probably works a lot faster than a Roku also. The Roku is probably an excellent solution no doubt but I also got the added benefit of measurably improving
the video on the PC to both the monitor and TV screen and it added independent dual screen functionality on the PC . . A Wifi DVD player or Roku probably would be good also I watch BD via PS3 on the the bigger plasma set so this PC/TV set up is OK for the bedroom set.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page