Arcsoft TMT 5 & 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-14-2013, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Two questions.... anyone happen to have an archived verison of the last 5.xxx Arcsoft TMT full version, trying to find one to d/l for a re-install. I do have a key but the link to download is no longer around on my order page and I don't want to go the torrent route as those all have cracks and fake serials and more than likely malware included.

Next question is, is it safe now to upgrade to TMT 6? I know there were massive issues with boot times on it due to it loading something weird on startup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 208
TMT 6 I believe is Cinavia Infested so if you are using it to play Blu Ray from anything but the original disk, then no it's not safe.*

* Someone is bound to chime about using it with AnyDVD or some such but unless you have a lifetime subscription that adds a couple bucks a month to the equation.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The latest TMT5 also contains Cinavia, 5.3.1.146 is the last version that is Cinavia free.

Also AnyDVD HD "prevent player from detecting Cinavia" feature does not work with the latest TMT5 or TMT6, so its no help.

I have 5.3.1.146 and 5.3.1.196 full install files that I downloaded directly from Arcsoft customer center, if you let me know the best way to send it to you I will (its about 75MB).

As far as TMT6, the latest update seems to have fixed the slow boot issue.
post #4 of 7 Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
acejh1987 I'll pm you in a minute

Good to know the boot issues were fixed maybe I will upgrade, I think it was like $14 to do so (hopefully still is) The boot issue was my biggest concern.

Really I dont play MKVs through TMT, nor do I rip to ISO or folder structure (rip to MKV only) so I should be ok I suppose.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-14-2013, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintari View Post

acejh1987 I'll pm you in a minute

Good to know the boot issues were fixed maybe I will upgrade, I think it was like $14 to do so (hopefully still is) The boot issue was my biggest concern.

Really I dont play MKVs through TMT, nor do I rip to ISO or folder structure (rip to MKV only) so I should be ok I suppose.

Yes the boot issue is definitely fixed. I think its $9.99 to upgrade from TMT5 at the moment.
If you do decide to upgrade you get a separate key for TMT6 so you can always switch back to TMT5 if needed.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-14-2013, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just a few seconds faster in booting on my HTPC. It's not a biggie to me. Other features are almost same. I'd better keep my TMT5.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
let me tell you prior to the TMT6 boot issue was resolved, it wasn't only a "few" seconds more than usual as it was more like the usual plus 25-30 on top of that. Now that the long boot issue been resolved my pc boots up like usual in 15-18 seconds with my ssd.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page