!* OFFICIAL AVS MEDIA ORGANIZATION THREAD: How do you organize , sort and maintain your digital media collection ? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 01-07-2014, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post

How do you manage extras on TV Series like commentary from Seinfeld? I tried Specials folder like I do a movie but they don't show under TV unless I give it a S05E02 type name then they blend in with the regular episodes..

I haven't had to do this yet, but I read somewhere to create a "Season 0" for specials. The poster was using Downton Abbey as an example where there were specials that didn't fit into the season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Liked: 23
I am new to MCM (v 2.10) an MB2 (2.6.2.0 R) and i am not able to move on while trying to fetch "Back to the future" trilogy. I create following structure for it but no luck when fetching data:

Y:\Media\Film sets\Back To The Future - Navrat Do Buducnosti\Back to the future (1985) - Návrat do budúcnosti (1985) (FULL HD)\Back to the future (1985) - Návrat do budúcnosti (1985) (FULL HD).mkv
Y:\Media\Film sets\Back To The Future - Navrat Do Buducnosti\Back to the future II (1989) - Návrat do budúcnosti II(1989) (FULL HD)\Back to the future II (1989) - Návrat do budúcnosti II(1989) (FULL HD).mkv
Y:\Media\Film sets\Back To The Future - Navrat Do Buducnosti\Back to the future part III (1990) - Návrat do budúcnosti 3 (1990) (FULL HD)\Back to the future part III (1990) - Návrat do budúcnosti 3 (1990) (FULL HD).mkv

Note: Part of the path which is intalic font is just my language because i use secondary sraper from www.csfd.cz

So simplified without my local language it looks like:

Y:\Media\Film sets\Back To The Future\Back to the future (1985)\Back to the future (1985) (FULL HD).mkv
Y:\Media\Film sets\Back To The Future\Back to the future part II (1989)\Back to the future part II (1989) (FULL HD).mkv
Y:\Media\Film sets\Back To The Future\Back to the future part III (1990)\Back to the future part III (1990) (FULL HD).mkv

No matter if i set it in MCM as Boxet or just Movie, the result is just the same. No matter what scaper i use as primary. It always return following result:

MCM: [F#2] now working on Back To The Future trilogy - Návrat Do Budúcnosti trilógia
MCM: [F#2] Aborted fetch -- there are too many video files in this folder, so it probably isn't a movie folder.
MCM: [F#2] You can override this by right-clicking on the title in your media list and choosing one of the forced fetch options.

What am i doing here wrong?

Other single movies works great...but these boxests don't.

Thanks for helping me to solve this.
post #63 of 67 Old 02-07-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Mark the trilogy as a collection in MCM. That should put a [+] next to the collection. Click on the [+] and that should show the individual movies. once you see them, you can right-click and fetch metadata for the individual movies.
embeathome likes this.

If I had a signature, this is where it would be.
post #64 of 67 Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhieb View Post

Mark the trilogy as a collection in MCM. That should put a [+] next to the collection. Click on the [+] and that should show the individual movies. once you see them, you can right-click and fetch metadata for the individual movies.

Yes! Thanks, works!
post #65 of 67 Old 02-07-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Excellent. Glad it was an easy fix!

If I had a signature, this is where it would be.
post #66 of 67 Old 02-09-2014, 08:42 AM

Well i have another issue fetching mini series "Band of Brothers". It has 10 parts. I am not sure how to fetch it, if as Collection or Movie? Neither way it anyway doesn't work. I am not sure how to name each part of the season and how folder structure should be. It is only 1 season anyway. So i tried many options:

Z:\Media\Series\Band of Brothers (2001)\Season01\S01E01 Currahee.mkv
Z:\Media\Series\Band of Brothers (2001)\Season01\S01E02 Day of Days.mkv
etc

I also tried:

Z:\Media\Series\Band of Brothers (2001)\Band of Brothers S01E01 Currahee.mkv
etc

and tried both ways as Collection and Movie, tried to force as TV series and Movie, it simply doesn't work. For Collection no result, for very 1st option i think either no result or just general descroption and poster/backdrops for whole series.

Each part has it's own descroption: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185906/episodes?ref_=tt_ep_epl

Any ideas? I am not a bog fan of series so this is i think my only series i have...

Thanks!
post #67 of 67 Old 02-09-2014, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by embeathome View Post

Well i have another issue fetching mini series "Band of Brothers". It has 10 parts. I am not sure how to fetch it, if as Collection or Movie? Neither way it anyway doesn't work. I am not sure how to name each part of the season and how folder structure should be. It is only 1 season anyway. So i tried many options:

Z:\Media\Series\Band of Brothers (2001)\Season01\S01E01 Currahee.mkv
Z:\Media\Series\Band of Brothers (2001)\Season01\S01E02 Day of Days.mkv
etc

I also tried:

Z:\Media\Series\Band of Brothers (2001)\Band of Brothers S01E01 Currahee.mkv
etc

and tried both ways as Collection and Movie, tried to force as TV series and Movie, it simply doesn't work. For Collection no result, for very 1st option i think either no result or just general descroption and poster/backdrops for whole series.

Each part has it's own descroption: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185906/episodes?ref_=tt_ep_epl

Any ideas? I am not a bog fan of series so this is i think my only series i have...

Thanks!

Try it like a TV show (that is what it was)

If you want to make it easy put them in a season folder (the media files) and then just copy paste these into your main folder (Band of Brothers)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qska80688t2eooe/tvshow.nfo

and

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cx7w6onrfq92bda/series.xml

and

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4m9rm6bp71ux7e/mcm_id__B52E402359160B357399F9045EE89608DFB616C4.dvdid.xml

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page