Anyone using MCE Reset Toolbox? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am using the trial and this software is working well (not sure if it will revert back to stock after the trial?). Anyways I am having alot of difficulty changing the background blue image in MC. I go in theme open the start menu pictures and change the blue image to the one I like and then I save and apply. I will sometimes get an error and will say continue but sometimes I dont get an error. I load MC and the background never changes, I check back in toolbox and it still appears to be using the previous background. Am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I use it and paid for the full version. However, I use everything except for the theming. Tweaking the default theme is just too much of a time sink for time that I don't have.
bob2300NX likes this.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
I figured it out. Apparently you can just edit the ehres.dll like we could in W7 (thought it would be different for W8). Its not much work, I use astrology7's theme and then just tweak it (change the background image to this:

http://www.wallgc.com/download-resolution-of-high-resolution-htpc-147534/

Looks much better than stock (was getting really tired of it).

How does MCE rest toolbox work for other things? What do you use it for? Buggy?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I use it (in Win8 WMC) to back up my TV guide data and custom channel configurations and add extra rows to the Guide page (10 rows). It also lets you change the default skip length without needing to use regedit. I use it to rearrange and rename the WMC icons and rows. It also backs up all these changes and makes sure the customizations don't get overwritten with WMC updates.

Once you install a cablecard and custom arrange your 700+ channels that backup and restore feature alone is worth the cost.

post #5 of 5 Old 09-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

I use it (in Win8 WMC) to back up my TV guide data and custom channel configurations and add extra rows to the Guide page (10 rows). It also lets you change the default skip length without needing to use regedit. I use it to rearrange and rename the WMC icons and rows. It also backs up all these changes and makes sure the customizations don't get overwritten with WMC updates.

Once you install a cablecard and custom arrange your 700+ channels that backup and restore feature alone is worth the cost.

I'm using MCE reset toolbox and so far am liking how its working. My question is, what's the best way to set up backing up the custom channel list? If something happens within WMC and I have to redo the tuner configuration, the custom channel list I created ends up resetting and I have to go through the hassle of editing the channel list again. So how is a restore done within Toolbox where all of the custom settings plus the channel list are restored intact?

Bought the license for the software since I know this will be very useful for customizing WMC.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page