Denon AVR-1513 + Windows 7 HTPC problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am the owner of a Denon AVR-1513 receiver. I have connected the receiver to (input) PS3, TV decoder, HTPC and (output) TV all by HDMI.

The problem is that I often don't get audio from my HTPC. A restart does sometimes do the trick. Recently I have found out why this problem occurs, the Denon receiver is listed multiple times in the Windows 'playback devices'. When I switch the receiver off and on the number of devices sometimes change. I have to 'default' the right device before I got sound, but it's unclear which device is the right one so I have to try them all.

The same problem occurs in foobar2000:

So I think the problem is that Windows 7 thinks it's connected to a new receiver every time I switch on the receiver or restart Windows. I tested with XBMC (OpenELEC) and I could not reproduce the same problem.

Does somebody know a solution to this very irritating and weird problem? smile.gif

Samsung UE40EH6030 || Denon AVR-X2000 || 2x Dali Zensor 3 || Dali Zensor Vokal || 2x Dali Zensor 1 || SVS SB12-NSD || 4x Norstone Esse Stand || Auralex SubDude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Bump

Samsung UE40EH6030 || Denon AVR-X2000 || 2x Dali Zensor 3 || Dali Zensor Vokal || 2x Dali Zensor 1 || SVS SB12-NSD || 4x Norstone Esse Stand || Auralex SubDude
post #3 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 07:21 AM

Well, yes you should have just one. I have the Denon 988 and W7. The rest is guess because I have never seen that in over 5 systems. What we don't know is how stock is your OS and what combo of buggy drivers you may be using judging from a flood of no response?

Hopefully someone has seen this and will respond shortly. Me, I would search for like problems on internet incase Denon has a firmware bug in your range of models, but very unlikely. Uninstall ALL my AV software to rule out any DLLs or other conflicts. If problem still there then I would suspect something has been corrupted or broken in W7. In that case a restore or clean install should put you straight. All of the above can be painful.

Good Luck
nmad likes this.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Liked: 12
I have similar issues when switching input on my Denon. I believe it's an EDID issue. Power-cycling my receiver while on the HTPC input always fixes the sound issue. Try searching the EDID override thread for more info.
nmad likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 248

Have you tried doing a clean install of the gpu drivers?

nmad likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Take a look here for trouble shooting:

If you don't find what you're looking for post here and batpig and/or jdsmoothie will chime in with additional help.
nmad likes this.

post #7 of 8 Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

First of all, thank you for your reply's!

I did a clean Windows 7 install with the newest BIOS, hdmi driver and installed only the essential video playback software (MPC-HC, madvr, lav filters). Until now (2 days) with multiple HTPC restarts and TV + AVR power cycles, the problem is solved. There is one playback device in both W7 and foobar.

In the case the problem returns (hopefully not..), I will try the solutions in the Denon threads. These threads are really useful btw! smile.gif

Thanks!

post #8 of 8 Old 06-28-2013, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmad View Post

First of all, thank you for your reply's!

I did a clean Windows 7 install with the newest BIOS, hdmi driver and installed only the essential video playback software (MPC-HC, madvr, lav filters). Until now (2 days) with multiple HTPC restarts and TV + AVR power cycles, the problem is solved. There is one playback device in both W7 and foobar.

In the case the problem returns (hopefully not..), I will try the solutions in the Denon threads. These threads are really useful btw! smile.gif

Thanks!

You can also find out all sorts of other stuff about your Denon in those threads. Glad you got your HTPC working right so you can enjoy it and all it has to offer!

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page