Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2013, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Haven't posted in a while...

When I had an injury, to make things more comfortable I got a good Lazyboy recliner and made a simple lap tray (just a veneered board) to hold mouse, keyboard and remotes. Has worked out great! Recliner arm/lap board just needs additional 1" high or so leveling up front so mouse doesn't slide around or off (I just use folded cotton material for now).

Have Klipsch RF-7 towers, custom 15" Tempest subwoofer and Odyssey Audio 150 wpc amp & preamp along with additional Oppo BluRay/high-end audio player. My PC is behind the 42" HDTV.
I got a HP Pavilion Elite top-of-line a few years back with 9 gigs RAM, GTX 260 decent video card that has held up well after a ton of use. Wireless keyboard & mouse are Logitech MK700/710 & M705.

PC setup 12-2012.JPG

Anyone else here have similar or ergonomic setups?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2013, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
To be honest I used to have a very similar setup to you in the beginning of my HTPC use. There is nothing wrong with it but in my experience there are much more comfortable and better options. I had a similar setup and then upgraded to a lenovo remote:

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Multimedia-Remote-Keyboard-N5901/dp/B0036VO67I

It worked ok but I was not loving it, the keys were harder to type than a standard keyboard. I saw a logitech k400 keyboard/mouse on sale for $5 so I jumped on it just because it was $5 not expecting much. This keyboard has been perfect for me, its relatively small but not as small as the lenovo (a good thing).

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Multi-Touch-920-003070/dp/B005DKZTMG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1372613470&sr=1-1&keywords=k400

The k400 comfortably rests on your legs as its used but isnt too big either. I find the touchpad is awesome.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I use one remote and occasionally use a wireless mini keyboard but hardly ever as mine is basically remote controlled.