TV tuner but for a different purpose - Need some suggestion on split screen solution - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out with something.

Currently I have my video cameras at home wired into all of my TV's in my house. They reside on channels 16,18,20 & 22. I can tune to each channel and see them. These are delivered over regular Coax into the analog in on the TV's.

I would like a solution where I can see all 4 videos at one time on the screen.

I figure there are 2 solutions though I don't know how to do either.

1. Install something that takes one coax in, takes the video and outputs video that contains all 4 channels split into quadrants.
2. Connect the coax to a TV tuner and through software take all 4 of these channels and create quadrants.

I'd really like to take the inputs off of the coax and basically do PIP but with 4 channels.

Has anyone done anything like this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Perhaps a simple security camera box that you plug 4 cameras into then it displays them in quad on screen then run into a rf modulator to feed your tvs.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-04-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by springmaker View Post

Perhaps a simple security camera box that you plug 4 cameras into then it displays them in quad on screen then run into a rf modulator to feed your tvs.

Sounds fantastic but I haven't been able to find one that will take a coax. They all seem to want to take BNC input. I was hoping to get a TV Tuner box that could read all 4 channels and do a PIP type view.

Josh
post #4 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Are you just wanting to feed composite video from coax there should be simple coax to bnc connectors my box had rcas so it was easy to connect.
An option to use tuner cards you would need a quad tuner or 2 dual tuners and its software would have to let you display 4 channels at once.
This could be done with the leadtek tuners I have by simply opening 4 of their display screens at once (they allow you to open a screen for each tuner you have)and putting them together to create a quad screen.
Another option would be to buy a security camera pci card for your computer they allow multiple inputs and would probably do quad screen, some even have the option to monitor cameras online.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshFink View Post

Sounds fantastic but I haven't been able to find one that will take a coax. They all seem to want to take BNC input. I was hoping to get a TV Tuner box that could read all 4 channels and do a PIP type view.

Josh

Security camera system is purposely built for that.

Regular TV tuners are not and won't do PIP for you. You will have to purchase 4-tuner TV tuners and some computer software to do PIP. Then you will have to get that modulated to coax and sent to your TVs. Too cumbersom and expensive.

BNC and Coax are very similar (just different impendence or even the same). Since this is just for security camera purpose, PQ isn't the first thing you are concerned about, try out the coax (with an BNC adapter).
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page