Tuner Setup in Windows Media Centre 7 - setup loops at accepting Channel Changer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
have installed new Haupaugge HVR 2250 TV tuner card and have to set up TV Tuner and confirm remote functions
after some driver conflicts i got the card and remote working to control Shaw Digital Box via IR blaster and can see live TV
when i'm on the "Test Channel Changing" page - I can see and confirm that the channels are changing in the video display box
as soon as i 'check the box' another box pops up and says "Enter Channel - Enter a channel number"
again, i can enter channels and they change in the video display box
but when i choose "OK" i just go back to the 2 unchecked choices
the Back and Cancel buttons are active, but the Next button is not
whichever box i check, the box pops up and says "Enter Channel - Enter a channel number"
stuck in that loop with Next never becoming active, and the box always 'unchecks' after i choose "OK"
multipe reboots, same thing... no choice but to Cancel and lose all settings
what am i missing - is this a bug in WMC?
can i update or (should i?) reinstall WMC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by byronkw View Post

have installed new Haupaugge HVR 2250 TV tuner card and have to set up TV Tuner and confirm remote functions
after some driver conflicts i got the card and remote working to control Shaw Digital Box via IR blaster and can see live TV
when i'm on the "Test Channel Changing" page - I can see and confirm that the channels are changing in the video display box
as soon as i 'check the box' another box pops up and says "Enter Channel - Enter a channel number"
again, i can enter channels and they change in the video display box
but when i choose "OK" i just go back to the 2 unchecked choices
the Back and Cancel buttons are active, but the Next button is not
whichever box i check, the box pops up and says "Enter Channel - Enter a channel number"
stuck in that loop with Next never becoming active, and the box always 'unchecks' after i choose "OK"
multipe reboots, same thing... no choice but to Cancel and lose all settings
what am i missing - is this a bug in WMC?
can i update or (should i?) reinstall WMC?

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr2250.html
Click on the tab for Windows Media Center. If you are using WMC, I don't think you need the WinTV application. Try uninstalling WinTV and download the Windows Media Center driver installation package:
Windows driver support for the WinTV and Windows Media Center under Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. This installer will install the WinTV driver and SoftMCE support (model specific) for use in Windows Media Center.

Click here for instructions on installing the Windows Media Center driver package.

NOTE: If WinTV v7 is currently installed and operating, the WinTV Windows Media Center driver is already installed and therefore you do not need to run this installer. For Windows Media Center setup information, see the instructions at the bottom of this page "Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center".

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/wmc_driver_installation.html

Windows Media Center driver installation instructions for WinTV products

Windows Media Center driver installation package
post #3 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

the Hauppauge card is not the issue (although the drivers were conflicting wht NCH software, so i remove it)

the setup loop is in the WMC tuner setup AFTER the card and drivers show they are working... but while configuring the Remote for Channel Changing

the Remote changes channels fine too... but WMC won't let me confirm that and got to Next... it keeps looping in the "Test Channel Changing" confirmation box
post #4 of 4 Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

"the white box in the lower left corner of the display is requiring that you enter a channel number on your keyboard"

this is is the solution
- even though you are setting up a remote, and confirming channel changes with a remote -
WMC is actually asking you to enter a channel number with your keyboard
(although it does not give you any clue that is what you need to do)
enter any number on your keyboard
it appears in the white box in the corner of the video display preview window
click on the OK button
and PRESTO! the Next button becomes active and you can complete the setup
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page