WMC and Remote Control Problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have an issue when I first turn on extender's (Xbox 360 and F'in Echo) that if I don't push buttons on my remote control while it's loading up I won't be able to get the remote to work with WMC at all. It is not the remote because it happens with new and old Xbox remotes and the crap remote that came with the F'in Echo. They control the TV just fine and on the Xbox can work fine with the Xbox's main menu so it's just WMC. This is really killing the WAF does anyone have any ideas?

-RobNY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-19-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Can't help you with the particular problem, but I can tell you that Harmony remotes turn them selves off when you press the "off" button to turn off your equipment. Unless you press an "activity" button first, Harmony will not send any signals out.

So, perhaps your particular remotes exhibit similar behavior, where you have to turn on your equipment with the remote in order to make the remote functional.

WMC "power on" signal wakes up XBOX 360 for sure.

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 07-19-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Can you repeat the question? I am having a hard time ascertaining what the issue actually is that you are having.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNY View Post

I have an issue when I first turn on extender's (Xbox 360 and F'in Echo) that if I don't push buttons on my remote control while it's loading up I won't be able to get the remote to work with WMC at all. It is not the remote because it happens with new and old Xbox remotes and the crap remote that came with the F'in Echo. They control the TV just fine and on the Xbox can work fine with the Xbox's main menu so it's just WMC. This is really killing the WAF does anyone have any ideas?

-RobNY

If the behavior only occurs while in WMC (and thus while logged in with a Windows Extender account) my first thought is the accounts have been corrupted somehow.

First thing I would do is uninstall one of the extenders from the WMC, then re-pair it, and see of that helps.

RAID protection is only for failed drives. That's it. It's no replacement for a proper backup.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-19-2013, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Can you repeat the question? I am having a hard time ascertaining what the issue actually is that you are having.

When I power on an extender if I'm not pressing buttons on the remote while WMC is coming up the remote will not work inside WMC.

-RobNY
post #6 of 7 Old 07-19-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhieb View Post

If the behavior only occurs while in WMC (and thus while logged in with a Windows Extender account) my first thought is the accounts have been corrupted somehow.

First thing I would do is uninstall one of the extenders from the WMC, then re-pair it, and see of that helps.

I had uninstalled all extenders and made sure the corresponding user accounts where deleted. Then re-added the extenders but still no joy. Even tried removing WMC then added it back but nothing seems to work. Not sure if this helps but I am unable to run network tuner on the extenders it gives me an error. Oh and I'm using W7Pro x64.

-RobNY
post #7 of 7 Old 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

When I power on an extender if I'm not pressing buttons on the remote while WMC is coming up the remote will not work inside WMC.

-RobNY

By inside WMC I assume inside the extender itself. I have not experienced this problem so I cannot help. Sorry. I hope you can get it straightened out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page