Diamond Video Cards, Are They Reliable? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I'm going to start building computers soon and I would like to use reliable parts across the board.

The Diamond Radeon hd 6770 is selling for around 60$ shipped at newegg.ca but they don't seem like a very popular video card brand?

Anyone have experience with video cards from Diamond?

Thanks in advance smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-19-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I have seen fully functional Diamond branded video cards from the 90's, so they hang on there. Whether current ones are more reliable than any other... well, you can start by reading reviews. Check the warranty, longer warranty would mean that manufacturer has more faith in their product than one with shorter warranty.

On the other hand, there are a lot of AMD processors (AMD owns ATI) that have Radeon 6000 or 7000 already integrated into the processor. So, depending on your build, you may not need a discreet video card.

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #3 of 3 Old 07-19-2013, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Based on reviews from newegg.ca and tigerdirect.ca, it looks like quality control might be lacking.
I'll have to read through reviews of the different brands to get an idea of what's more reliable.

I was hoping someone would have a thread going already with information on brand reliability/failure rate?

My builds will target the entry level gaming market for now. Based on Benchmarks, the 6770 is a good step up from the Amd Apu on-chip graphics, and it looks like a good crossfire value as well.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page